• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Turkish Coup?

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got a USA today update with no story yet that an attempted coup by the military is underway in Turkey. Would that be a good or bad thing.
Scary **** happening right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.alja...-istanbul-160715195444742.html?client=safari#

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim has announced that a group of military forces have engaged in a "coup attempt" against the government.

Yildirim made the announcement late on Friday, as he vowed that the "perpetrators" will be contained.

He said that a number of generals are involved in the takeover of the government.

"It seems there is dissent in the military ranks," Al Jazeera's Zeina Khodr, reporting from Gaziantep, said.

Istanbul's Bosphorus Bridge and Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge have reportedly been shut down by the Turkish army, local television channels reported, without giving a reason.

Dogan News Agency footage showed cars and buses being diverted, according to Reuters.

Reuters witnesses in Istanbul, Turkey's largest city, also spotted helicopters overhead.

In the capital Ankara, gunshots were heard, as military jets and helicopters were seen flying overhead, a Reuters witness said.

So is the Military more or less Fundamentalist that the PM? I know Turkey has been edging closer to the Fundamentalist side recently.

Death to Islam! **** you Obama, another Muslim loving regime goes down!

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan 'flees country in private jet' after military launches coup

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has reportedly fled the country in a private jet following a military coup.

In the last few hours gunfire has been heard in the Turkish capital Ankara as military jets and helicopters were seen flying overhead.

In Istanbul, the Bosphorus Bridge and Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge have been closed, along with Attaturk airport where tanks and soldiers have been seen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-gunfire-reported-ankara-military-8431619

-----------------------------------------

WWIII? if Obama resists and his Muslim Brotherhood lackey asks for NATO help in Turkey

I guess the **** hit the Fan in Turkey today.

Obama’s “most trusted” favorite leader, Erdogan” has left the building.

#Turkey Erdogan in airplane, refused landing at #Istanbul, now trying to seek asylum in Germany, US defense officials say, @MSNBC

CnbvTVsVYAUyWsD.jpg

'We have taken control': Turkish military launch coup to depose Islamist government of Erdogan

The Turkish military has announced it has taken control and overthrown the government of Recep Erdogan as troops round up police and attack the capital Ankara.

Eyewitnesses have reported attack helicopters firing machine guns in the capital Ankara in a bid to depose the Islamic government.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-launch-attempted-coup-depose-government.html

So is the Military more or less Fundamentalist that the PM? I know Turkey has been edging closer to the Fundamentalist side recently.

Erdogan IS the Muslim Brotherhood - he is fighting the kurds and left open the doors of their border for ISIS to market their oil through there and gives their fighters access to the west

Losing him is a GOOD thing, I'd say

Obama loves him, Kerry loves him - that's all you need to know

How much you wanna bet Obama attacks their military?

Jets and helicopters fly overhead in Turkish capital of Ankara, as military closes two major bridges in Istanbul.

AFP news agency ‏@AFP 8m8 minutes ago
#BREAKING 17 police officers killed in Turkey coup attempt: state news agency

AFP news agency ‏@AFP 10m10 minutes ago
#BREAKING Turkish F-16s shoot down helicopter carrying 'coup plotters'

AFP news agency ‏@AFP 15m15 minutes ago
#BREAKING Turkey military opens fire on crowds in Istanbul, casualties

d072af40-f0da-4ac3-b09c-9b5e32742d3d_800.jpg

CncQvIrXEAEc_6W.jpg:large

2d80f4d2-54b1-4e15-8b0f-3ca24ecfce7e_800.jpg

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/turkey-military-blocks-bridges-istanbul-160715195444742.html

Last edited:
I bet BO has already deployed our special forces to get him out.

Watching the last few hours of people in the streets on TV. What's wrong with these people? They're not doing it right. No one is looting TVs, clearing out convenience stores, or burning buildings and destroying police cars. They must be amateurs.

Less. We should be on the side of the coup attempt. The PM is Muslim Brotherhood and is gradually becoming more fundamentalist and less constitutionalist so naturally Bomma is on his side.

I smell WWIII

Ankara parliament building ‘bombed from air’ – state agency

Wow.... this is crazy ****.

Barack Obama and John Kerry are as clueless at foreign policy as the three stooges would be. They had no idea this was brewing at all?

Is it a democracy anymore? Is it now ruled by Sharia Law?

How this shakes out could affect Europe/Middle Eastern relations for a decade....

The more I read about the current "president" is that the election was somewhat a sham so there is significant resentment in the population that they are not a "democracy" anymore.

Sounds like President Erdogan has been in power since 2004 as both the prime minister and then (once the constitution made him ineligible to be prime minister) as president and changing the law to give more power to the previously symbolic president position.

Note wikipedia already has the coup up and announced:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdoğan

**** Erdogan. He can go to hell. **** Obama too, while you're at it. He is clueless. A foreign policy disaster.

Erdogan looks like the very example of the phrase: "Absolute Power corrupts absolutely...."

The guy just can't give up his privileged status and power. Sounds like someone Barack Obama would love.....

Reactions: MTC
CnclvbuXEAA_6MB.jpg

BREAKING: Erdogan says traitors in military are taking orders from Pennsylvania, where opposition leader Gulen is based

Obama orders Martial Law in PA!

heh

I wish our military would overthrow our terrorist government. Go coup!