• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Up next: The Colts

The Colts are a certain playoff team but hardly an elite team. Do they have a single pass-rusher of note? A dominant offensive lineman? They have Andrew Luck and a deep and talented group of receiving threats. Davis the CB is playing very well. After Luck, T.Y. Hilton and perhaps Davis, is there another Pro Bowler on that roster?

EDIT: I might be missing the boat on these guys, but I just think it's more a case of them getting on a nice roll than being a legitimate Super Bowl contender...

They are a playoff team for the same reason that Manning and Brady made the playoffs all those years: their division is garbage. The Texans are the best team in the South not named the Colts, but they have no quarterback. If Jameis Winston ends up on that team, look the **** out.

For the foreseeable future though, Luck will get a free ride to the playoffs because of that division. They don't have a great defense, and Luck can be sidelined if we can just run the ball. We move the ball very well between the 20s. If we can just pick up the scoring, we'll be very competitive with Indy.

They are a playoff team for the same reason that Manning and Brady made the playoffs all those years: their division is garbage. The Texans are the best team in the South not named the Colts, but they have no quarterback. If Jameis Winston ends up on that team, look the **** out.

For the foreseeable future though, Luck will get a free ride to the playoffs because of that division. They don't have a great defense, and Luck can be sidelined if we can just run the ball. We move the ball very well between the 20s. If we can just pick up the scoring, we'll be very competitive with Indy.

I've seen the Colts a lot this season, and that secondary is really good. They're 4th in scoring defense and best in 3rd down defense for a reason. Davis and Toller are playing some sick CB right now.

Without an established #2 WR, I think the Steelers will have trouble throwing against them. They need Bell and Blount to have great games on the ground, not only to move the ball, but control the clock and limit Lucks possessions.

I almost expect the Steelers to lose this game by 10+ points, but would love to be surprised.

Many of you guys didn't watch the game apparently. You can call two of the TDs "gifts" if you want, but - again - the score was 13-10 before we got the two turnovers.

Houston scored 23 points.....What do you think Indy?Luck is gonna score?

Many of you guys didn't watch the game apparently. You can call two of the TDs "gifts" if you want, but - again - the score was 13-10 before we got the two turnovers.

And the offense put up nearly nothing in the other three quarters of play. They did good with the turnovers in the red zone scoring 7 instead of 0 or 3. They have not been good at getting points so far from the length of the field. The Texans did not play like hot garbage and in fact were not doing anything other than trying to get some points before the half as they were going to get the ball in the third quarter. We got a couple of breaks and made the most of them but I would not count on such things being normal.

The colts have been beaten twice this year. It is possible for them to lose. Their offense is doing well and is likely to continue. The steelers could win with the first complete game of the season if they play it. They have not yet but last Monday's game showed they can keep on fighting for the game and can get a win when they try. If they are able to build on that they could get an upset. I don't think they do enough to win the next two but would like to see them looking like they are at least trying to do that.

Last edited:
If forced to make a bet on the game, I would take the Colts minus the 3 points. But the narrative that many Steelers fans are spouting "those 24 points were pure luck that can never be repeated and otherwise we would have lost the game" is just false. With about 90 seconds left in the half, the score was 13-10 and the only team that had turned the ball over to that point was the Steelers. I hardly think that it was a foregone conclusion that we would have lost the game without those 2 turnovers that generated 14 quick points. We were down by 3 and had momentum on our side already (since we had score 10 unanswered points and our defense had started to get stops).

They have a huge advantage at head coach, have a better QB that scores TDs not FGs like Ben. They will destroy our weak defense and unless we get a 21 point gift like we got against the Texans we will lose by 2 TDs or more. This game is men against boys

They actually are average when it comes to producing TDs in the red zone (something like 14th in the league). They just get into the redzone a lot (they are leading the NFL in red zone opportunities).

The Colts are a certain playoff team but hardly an elite team. Do they have a single pass-rusher of note? A dominant offensive lineman? They have Andrew Luck and a deep and talented group of receiving threats. Davis the CB is playing very well. After Luck, T.Y. Hilton and perhaps Davis, is there another Pro Bowler on that roster?

EDIT: I might be missing the boat on these guys, but I just think it's more a case of them getting on a nice roll than being a legitimate Super Bowl contender...

Do the Steelers have a single pass rusher of note? A dominant offensive lineman? They have Ben and ONE WR. Their CBs aren't playing well. After Brown Is there another pro bowler on the roster? Bell maybe?

The Steelers lost to a bad TB team and the clowns. The Colts don't need to be a super bowl contender to beat them. If they don't turn the ball over and play as well as the clowns did two weeks ago they can win.

Do the Steelers have a single pass rusher of note? A dominant offensive lineman? They have Ben and ONE WR. Their CBs aren't playing well. After Brown Is there another pro bowler on the roster? Bell maybe?

The Steelers lost to a bad TB team and the clowns. The Colts don't need to be a super bowl contender to beat them. If they don't turn the ball over and play as well as the clowns did two weeks ago they can win.

Yeah man, you're right. **** the Steelers. They're ******* trash. The Steelers are gonna lose this game by 50, because Andrew Luck is a superhuman god amongst men.

You've convinced me dude, **** this team. Your Christmas present is in the mail...

7042_large5.jpg

Yeah man, you're right. **** the Steelers. They're ******* trash. The Steelers are gonna lose this game by 50, because Andrew Luck is a superhuman god amongst men.

You've convinced me dude, **** this team. Your Christmas present is in the mail...

You must be off your meds. I never even mentioned Luck in my post. I guess pointing out the EXACT same issues with the Steelers as was pointed out for Indy is calling the Steelers trash. Is engrish your 2nd language?

The Steelers are gonna lose this game by 50, because Andrew Luck is a superhuman god amongst men.

No, they're gonna lose by 50 because their defense is awful. Remember, they make Brian Hoyer look good.

I still think there's enough talent on this team to compete and personally I'm expecting a win. Just a gut feeling

Beatdown of epic proportion. They'll be lucky to hold them to the 55 points that the Pats* put up last year.

Bucs only win, beatdown by the clowns and ravens

W
L
W
L
W
L
W

...... pretty sure I can guess what comes next, the colts will destroy this club

go Steelers!

go tomlin, away !

For years now, it seems we have played down to our opponents. And, at times, played up to some opponents. Let's hope they can do that now. This is, by far, the best offense we will have faced so far. It could be ugly but let's hope the team can rise to this occasion. WE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed you said "they're" and not "we're".

Speaks volumes.
I'm pretty fast for my age and I can bench press 305 but the Steelers don't give me a paycheck. If they cut my homeboy Moye, I don't stand a chance.

This is a real tough game for us along with the next one. In reality these next two could really be the season for the team. Wining both could get them in a position to make a run for the playoffs, losing both just about takes them out of reach, even though mathematically they would still be in it. It would likely send a signal that the team is not ready for competition it faces this year and will likely not be competitive for a couple more seasons.

This is a real tough game for us along with the next one. In reality these next two could really be the season for the team. Wining both could get them in a position to make a run for the playoffs, losing both just about takes them out of reach, even though mathematically they would still be in it. It would likely send a signal that the team is not ready for competition it faces this year and will likely not be competitive for a couple more seasons.

nothing I have seen this year makes me think they will take either game

of course you hope for the best, but I think this year ends worse than the two previous ones..............

nothing I have seen this year makes me think they will take either game

of course you hope for the best, but I think this year ends worse than the two previous ones..............

You might be right. They have not looked good for an entire game yet on any side of the ball. They have had some sporadic moments of greatness. In looking at indy their lowest score on the season was 20 points. The Ravens seem to be playing well and they could win the rest of their games. Then there is also the chance that they get their **** together and put together some good games.I think the former has a better chance than the latter though.

I disagree, i believe the colts have the personnel and staff to turn it up yet another notch before the regular season is complete. And I dont know exactly where theyre ranked on it, but i can assure you their D's pass rush isnt weak, they can actually bring quite a bit of pressure, even without mathis. The only thing I really see in our favor is that Reggie Wayne is likely to miss the game. Having said that, watch T.Y. Hilton run circles around our guys on Sunday and set a new career best for receps/TD's in a game lol

Note: just heard on mike & mike that Indy's avg. T.O.P. is 36:55 per game, by FAR the best in the league. I shudder to envision our defense being on the field for 35+ minutes against Luck

Last edited:

7042_large5.jpg

Oh come on, dont be a ******* moron

I noticed you said "they're" and not "we're".

Speaks volumes.

You seriously questioning burgundy's fanhood? He's probably been a fan of this team longer than you've been alive.

Piss off troll

Reeling off a 5 game win streak is impressive under any circumstances. However, who have they beat (other than the Ravens) that is having an equally impressive season. They lost their first two games to playoff caliber teams in Denver and Philadelphia. Their win streak followed:

Jacksonville: 44-17 (I know, I know)
Tennessee: 41-17
Baltimore: 20-13
Houston: 33-28
Cincinnati: 27-0 (Looks impressive, but how good are the Bengals really?)
Three of these five games were home wins: TN, Balt and Cinci.

I'm not saying that we will win this game, but I'm also not in the camp that thinks the Colts are some unbeatable juggernaut that's been rolling up wins against top flight opponents. They've played exactly three teams that look to be playoff worthy this year and are 1-2 in those games. I may be fooling myself, but I believe that with a good gameplan and if the players are "up" for this game, ready to execute, and play to their abilities, the Steelers can make a game of this and possibly pull out a win. A guy can hope can't he?