• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
My question is this. If the riots were planned on Parler, then how did Trumps speech on January 6th incite the riots?

Perhaps I’m missing something.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Come on Steeltime, I know you're better than this and smarter than this. Why play into the hands of those accusing Trump and his base of espousing conspiracy theories and lies? Because that's exactly what you're doing.

'You're Scared Now': Watch Parler Videos Rioters Filmed Inside the Capitol
https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7v...nside-the-capitol?utm_source=vicenewsfacebook

Videos taken by the pro-Trump mob and originally uploaded to Parler are being re-shared and categorised online to help identity people who trashed the Capitol.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Parler sued Amazon in connection with the latter’s refusal to host its platform. In response, Amazon provided a list of posts evidencing the intent to cause harm to Congress members, government officials, lawyers, teachers, doctors, and others. The posts are deeply disturbing.</p>— A Worried Citizen (@ThePubliusUSA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThePubliusUSA/status/1349362195709259776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

did you even read what you posted? let me help:

While many of the videos show rioters wandering aimlessly around the Capitol more interested in taking selfies than seeking out “traitors” the situation inside the building at times did get fraught.

In some of the videos, it’s clear that some rioters didn’t agree with everything their peers were doing.

In one short clip, a rioter is heard shouting “This is our house” before, seconds later, another rioter appears to try and calm the situation by saying: “Chill, dude, we’re better than that.”

In another clip, a woman is heard telling off another rioter for causing damage to the building. “Hey, guy, that’s not why we are here,” she says.

On Tuesday President Donald Trump told reporters that he bore no responsibility for the violence on Capitol Hill, saying his speech hours earlier that many say triggered the violent scenes was “totally appropriate.”

oh, but i digress. to have made this a peaceful protest, fires would have had to be started and looting to occur.
though there was a few deaths and the police stood down.

conservatives are new to this "peaceful protest" thing. We'll work on that for the next four years.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
My question is this. If the riots were planned on Parler, then how did Trumps speech on January 6th incite the riots? Perhaps I’m missing something.

These things are not mutually exclusive. Trump's been inciting these events for weeks (and months, and years) on end. That's why it was a misnomer to seek out some specific sentence or phrase in the Jan 6th speech that was a 'smoking gun.' It's been literally everything he's been saying, before, during and after the election. How the whole thing was a fraud, how he won in a landslide, how the election was stolen, how people needed to step up, or face losing everything, that they need to stand and fight, and on and on. That just threw oil on the fire of an amped-up, hardcore extremist base who hold these same views to begin with.

Thankfully, this thing seems to be simmering down, and hopefully the Bogaloo Boys and Oathkeeper clowns back off their threats for the weekend and Inauguration week.

diver

Reaction score
This is absolutely correct Jitter. For 2 years, with both the House and the Senate, the Reps did very little to justify the support the people put into them. If Obamacare was so horrible, what simple corrective measures did those opposed make?

The problem lies with all politicians, from both sides, doing little, continually and petulantly playing gotchya.

Biden spent years as Veep, and seems to have built no bridges to meet those from the other side.

Similarly, Trump did nothing to decrease the enmity of those who disagreed with him.

Are McConnell, Schumer, Pelosi et al known for anything except partisan politics of division? (They all seem to be working from the same Fichtner game plan strategy that we all agree had to go)

In spite of all the present day shitflinging from all sides, I remain hopeful that a real American leader, capable of speaking to and for the vast middle of the population, will emerge. I hope soon, before the political gamesmanship turns into civil violence.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I think to some degree you are buying a narrative here. We have the best health care system in the world. We did before Obamacare and we do now. Sure, it has issues, but it is still the best. Maybe it shouldn't have been messed with to the degree it was with Obamacare. Little tweaks may have been good enough. The problem with a Republican response is to fix a mess like Obamacare now takes another government answer. Is that really what we want?

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Twitter and Facebook was where all of 2019's destruction and violence was planned. The Capitol Riots were planned on Twitter. If some users communicated through Parler then shame on them.

Please contact the FBI and share your knowledge of the planning of the attack.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm not a mathematician , but it took them only a week to draw up Impeachment papers, but it took them 8 months to give the American people $600 during a pandemic? Keep bowing down to the politicians in DC. They get off as we fight amongst eachother for their "honor" and good name. It's laughable and sad.

They don't care. Let the peasants squabble. Just keep them away from us.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
So true, ha ha!

01.jpg

I'm looking around....

Nope...can't think of a single Conservative I know personally, indirectly, any talking head I may listen to or any article I've ready where they have called for Unity.

Stupidest meme of the month. Conservatives aren't calling for unity. Those calls came from the Left after Biden was media-dictated President Elect. For about a damn solid week, we heard calls for unity from the Left.

You may find one Conservative, somewhere, who may have called for it, but I'm not hearing it, not seeing it, and not reading it. It certainly isn't in the Conservative talk track or thought pattern today for sure.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
These things are not mutually exclusive. Trump's been inciting these events for weeks (and months, and years) on end. That's why it was a misnomer to seek out some specific sentence or phrase in the Jan 6th speech that was a 'smoking gun.' It's been literally everything he's been saying, before, during and after the election. How the whole thing was a fraud, how he won in a landslide, how the election was stolen, how people needed to step up, or face losing everything, that they need to stand and fight, and on and on. That just threw oil on the fire of an amped-up, hardcore extremist base who hold these same views to begin with.

Thankfully, this thing seems to be simmering down, and hopefully the Bogaloo Boys and Oathkeeper clowns back off their threats for the weekend and Inauguration week.

and, again, as pointed out pages ago - even though you prefer to stay on the current page and go forward (komrade) until it suits your purpose to go backward - it is in how his words are interpreted.

you've been shown how Dem politicians have used more abrasive terms, called for more violent actions, sometimes - most - in the same breath. Yet you've never, not once, considered clutching your pearls over their violent rhetoric. Why? Why not? Is it because it would upset the apple cart of your bias?

I will say this - and it's something that has been overlooked, i believe.

the BLM protests, you know - the "peaceful protests" that sparked billions in buildings burned down, businesses torched and gone bankrupt, store owners beaten and others shot and trampled by the massive, violent mobs have something in common with what happened at the Capitol Building.

the vast, vast majority of the people there did not want violence. they didnt want to see things go sideways. they wanted their voices heard.

we've seen videos and tweets after the fact of BOTH protests from antifa shitheads wanting to cause disturbance. you see these antifa shitheads - the same goddamned ************* you, Tibs, compared to brave, selfless American soldiers landing on the banks of Normandy - strolling through the streets of cities, smashing windows with their skateboards and starting the uprising. If you care to see it, there are the same tweets prior calling for antifa shitheads - the same goddamned ************* you, Tibs, compared to brave, selfless American soldiers landing on the banks of Normandy - collaborating on how they would create chaos at the Trump rally.

the very ******* fact that politicians from both sides refuse to see this should be brow-raising (not you, BAS).

both sides are pointing fingers at each other. The Left is using this as - correction - used this as another way to get at President Trump. Afuckingmazing that these cucks, cocksuckers, butch lesbians, champions of 5,366 genders somehow managed to come together and pass impeachment on President Trump in a matter of days, but drag their goddamned ******* feet to help American taxpayers during a pandemic. PROOF that they do not give one goddamn about any of us. Only when it concerns them, do they act. ONLY THEN.

that the spineless, ***** Republicans sided with the evil Left shows that politics is all a goddamn charade. these ******* are all about themselves. not you, me, or anyone else in this country.

**** every single one of them.

Last edited:

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score

Supe addressed most of this garbage. Allow me to add what you consistently, persistently and intentionally overlook and refuse to ackwoledge.

What we saw on January 6 was really no different than what we saw across the nation last year. <-------that is the KEY point

You and the Left can and do argue they are different based on nuance. The Right can do the same.

You'll say last year was about social justice (an angry populace) and therefore warranted. The Right will say January 6 "protests" were likewise warranted as our personal freedoms, our liberties and the integrity of elections are at stake.

You'll say the Right's January 6 protest was more wrong because it was an attack on Congress, our Federal Government. The Right will say last year was full of attacks on Federal facilities and our Government, correctly.

You attempt to argue that Trump fanned these flames with his continual rhetoric leading up to Jan 6 and "therefore" he incited the violence, though he never called for violence. The Right will say last year countless numbers of your leaders implored their followers directly to violence in some cases, in others imploring them to take to the streets. Hell those calls came from Obama after Trayvon and Floyd. The Left leaders from Maxine to Nancy, to the Squad, to so many others, near demanded their minions take to the streets.

You'll argue that the Right planned and coordinated the attacks on Congress on Parler. Likewise, it has been shown, printed, documented, evidenced that the Left planned their insurgency last year on Twitter and Facebook. Facts. It has also been shown, printed, documented that AntiFa gave out instructions on Twitter on how to infiltrate the Jan 6 protests posing as Trump supporters. The Tweets are out there.

In every way, what happened last year is no different than Jan 6. None. If ANY difference were to be made, one can make the logical argument that Trump never asked for violence. We can use quotes to show the Left in fact did call for violence.

Last year was no different than Jan 6.

What IS IN FACT different is how those incidents were handled compared to January 6. Handled vastly differently by our politicians and our media. This is what millions of Americans plainly see that you continue to spin as you try to paint them as "different."

Big Tech didn't shut down their services last year when AntiFa and BLM planned attacks, coordinated the delivery of bricks and 2x4s for riots and protests. They did shut down Parler and ban people from Twitter for Jan 6. The Left stood down and allowed last years' carnage to happen, refusing to step in, refusing to ask the violence to stop, refusing to condemn it. Now, the Left is making lists, asking for a purge, and to cleanse America. Last year the Left refused to allow the National Guard to come in to protect the innocent and businesses and restore order. In fact they called Trump a tyrant for wanting to do so. Now the Left has demanded and made sure the National Guard is being used to quell any future protests that may get out of control.

All of this you willfully refuse to accept and see. We see it.

You can spin and genuflect until you are blue in the face to justify differences between the two. There is none, save for how both sets of incidents were reacted to.

Anything different is blatantly wrong.

You realize this. You're just pushing an agenda.

Last edited:

Phinnster

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious a day later, if you've managed to wipe the egg off your face? How much of an *** do you have to be to type up that amount of soppy bullshit? Because I didn't immediately respond to something on the board? Holy ****.

Your obsession and infatuation with me is beyond anything close to normal. Do you keep an Excel spreadsheet, logging my posts with my comings and goings? Really, who gives a rat's *** about this stuff?

I'll check in and check out of this board however I see fit. I'll leave and never come back, how's that? Or maybe I will come back, a month later. Hmm, maybe six months, a year? Nah, how 'bout a week later? Or, maybe I won't leave at all, but continue to haunt and torment your soul with my political takes.

Ha ha, it's pure comedy to live in someone's head like this. Though I have to admit, it's a bit creepy too. I wouldn't be shocked if a guy like Tim is on the neighborhood watch list.

Oh please don't do that, we'd miss all the free comedy in the idiocy you post

Phinnster

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tim: I'm just an average, normal Joe. Not infatuated with you at all.
Nobody:
Tim: To prove my point, I'm going to type up yet another diatribe about you and your posts.
Nobody:
Also Tim: And remember, I'm not obsessed with you at all.
Nobody:

Was this an attempt at being funny?

Stick to your usual deranged , hypocritical diatribes they are much more comical.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
You realize this. You're just pushing an agenda.

This is incorrect. I am not 'pushing an agenda.' Never have and never will. Just like yourself and others here, I present my own views and opinions on this board. You happen to strongly disagree with them, and likely don't appreciate my delivery, as it gets under your skin. I tell it like it is, exactly how I see it, often crossing the line by being too vociferous and confrontational.

But I am not pushing any type of agenda. If I am doing that, you may as well say every Trump supporter here is doing the same.

As hard as it may be to stomach, this is who I am, these are my own views. I'm a lifelong, left-leaning conservative. Admittedly, I've had a rock-hard boner for the last four years in opposing Trump in every which way, and every step of the way. That's been a visceral, gut reaction on my part to the man himself. My opposition to all things Trump is not part of any agenda, or some liberal conspiracy, pushed on my by others. I own it, 100%.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There are more US troops deployed on Capitol Hill now than in Iraq or Afghanistan. The 15,000 mobilized for Inauguration equals 3 times the number of US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.</p>— Jennifer Griffin (@JenGriffinFNC) <a href="https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1349380049191972871?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

And they are all there to protect us from the President and his followers. Mind-numbing.

All there to preserve a fraudulent US Election and protect government business while politicians failed overwhelmingly to protect American small businesses and citizenry from Leftist violence and insurrection in 2020.

Go figure.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
All there to preserve a fraudulent US Election and protect government business while politicians failed overwhelmingly to protect American small businesses and citizenry from Leftist violence and insurrection in 2020. Go figure.

Just when you thought the embers of the violent, far-right MAGA insurrection are dying down, Sojourner comes along to provide us a stark reminder how and why the Capitol was stormed last week, why 15,000 troops are currently securing the Inauguration in DC, and why State Capitols are on high alert throughout the nation. Thanks, Sojourner!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just when you thought the embers of the violent, far-right MAGA insurrection are dying down, Sojourner comes along to provide us a stark reminder how and why the Capitol was stormed last week, why 15,000 troops are currently securing the Inauguration in DC, and why State Capitols are on high alert throughout the nation. Thanks, Sojourner!

don't worry, Tibs. you've now shifted from RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and corrupted elections to screaming that our election process is the MOST pristine on the planet. virginal even. Four years ago, it was awful and should be overhauled. Electoral college should be abolished. Now? NOW that your idiot is "President-elect" you've ceased calling for abolishing the electoral college. Because your idiots will seek to make states of areas that probably should not be given statehood - and by doing so would effectively end the Electoral College for the foreseeable future.

congrats on pushing for more corrupt elections and election processes.

and plan on hearing more about "fraudulent elections" for the next 4 years, since it's quite obvious that is a painful point for you to accept.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can equate an attack on the Capital with protests that lead to looting retail stores. These two things are light years different.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can equate an attack on the Capital with protests that lead to looting retail stores. These two things are light years different.

because you're a low-IQ simpleton idiot who doesnt understand ****.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

If you're not already, you should be consuming your meals through a straw in your vegetative state.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score

Indeed. In fact, it's one of the more shocking things that's played out over the past 59 pages of this thread.

If you wanted to summarize it, what's irked the Trump supporters on the board more than anything else, is that the reaction to the events at the Capitol were not matched in kind to the reaction to the rioting and looting that took place this summer during the BLM rioting.

In other words, how dare anyone be this upset by the storming of the Capitol who wasn't at least this upset by the BLM/Antifa events in the past?

That's it, that's the gist of it.

Of course, what they are ignoring point-blank, is the simple fact that white, conservative MAGA supporters of the President went on a violent rampage, attacked police like savages, killed one with a fire estinguisher, broke through police barriers, busted through doors and windows, threatened to kill the Vice President and sitting members of Congress. These facts and the actual events on the ground don't seem to trouble anybody.

Again, how dare you raise your voice and be upset by this? Where were you six months ago when stores were looted and buildings set on fire?

It's absolute insanity.

It also shows how this violent, seditionist attack on the Capitol seems to have shaken the 'woe is me' Trump supporters to the core. They cannot digest these events, or wrap their heads around the fact their very own, the MAGA base and staunchest supporters of the President, went down the same exact path of sowing violence, chaos and mayhem that the wild mobs of Antifa and BLM have done in the past.

Their extended moral outrage about BLM/Antifa protests has been summarily reduced to a pile of ashes. Because there is no possible way you can argue that there's an inkling of difference between the maniacal, far-right MAGA base, and the crazies on the left. Those two are now on equal footing, forever linked, by their violence and barbarism.

And that is simply unbearable for conservatives to confront and to accept.

Hence all the wild discussions we've seen of false equivalency, amplifying how people are reacting to these disjointed events, while completely ignoring the actual events themselves.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed. In fact, it's one of the more shocking things that's played out over the past 59 pages of this thread.

If you wanted to summarize it, what's irked the Trump supporters on the board more than anything else, is that the reaction to the events at the Capitol were not matched in kind to the reaction to the rioting and looting that took place this summer during the BLM rioting.

In other words, how dare anyone be this upset by the storming of the Capitol who wasn't at least this upset by the BLM/Antifa events in the past?

That's it, that's the gist of it.

Of course, what they are ignoring point-blank, is the simple fact that white, conservative MAGA supporters of the President went on a violent rampage, attacked police like savages, killed one with a fire estinguisher, broke through police barriers, busted through doors and windows, threatened to kill the Vice President and sitting members of Congress. These facts and the actual events on the ground don't seem to trouble anybody.

Again, how dare you raise your voice and be upset by this? Where were you six months ago when stores were looted and buildings set on fire?

It's absolute insanity.

It also shows how this violent, seditionist attack on the Capitol seems to have shaken the 'woe is me' Trump supporters to the core. They cannot digest these events, or wrap their heads around the fact their very own, the MAGA base and staunchest supporters of the President, went down the same exact path of sowing violence, chaos and mayhem that the wild mobs of Antifa and BLM have done in the past.

Their extended moral outrage about BLM/Antifa protests has been summarily reduced to a pile of ashes. Because there is no possible way you can argue that there's an inkling of difference between the maniacal, far-right MAGA base, and the crazies on the left. Those two are now on equal footing, forever linked, by their violence and barbarism.

And that is simply unbearable for conservatives to confront and to accept.

Hence all the wild discussions we've seen of false equivalency, amplifying how people are reacting to these disjointed events, while completely ignoring the actual events themselves.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. you're absolutely insane or choose to not read/understand what has been laid out in specific detail over the previous pages.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. you're absolutely insane or choose to not read/understand what has been laid out in specific detail over the previous pages.

I don't know why you waste your time. Beat your head against the wall instead. Try this: Cities destroyed by ANTIFA/BLM= frustration, Capitol invaded by violent Trump/MAGA mob=terrorists

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Burning federal buildings, Courts and taking over police stations isn't looting retail retail store you dumbass. There is a direct correlation! In fact these were worse as they burned them sometimes doing so whil people were inside and they tried to brick them in! Stop being willfully ignorant.

Last edited: