• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Victoria Spartz

In my opinion they're all scum.

I truly believe we simply need to purge the entire lot of them and reelect new ones after the entire base for Congress and the Senate has been changed.

Term limits.
Salary = your state's per-capita income (plus 5 to 10% to make it a "nice" job.)
Retirement based on Social Security or privately funded retirement accounts.
State funded campaign money. NO private donations from individuals or organizations.
Every law passed by Congress/Senate must apply firstly to them.
Every "work" discussion and action will be publicly available. The politician will submit to complete transparancy.
Failure to balance a budget means first and foremost Congressional salaries will be suspended.
Each State will purchase homes or apartments in DC which their elected representatives may use.
If a representative is found to have accepted money from any outside intereres, he or she immediately vacates their seat and it shall remain empty until the next election.

Ultimately, serving in Congress or the Senate likely won't be much or any more lucrative than being a teacher. Both are jobs you do because you love serving.

Now THAT congress/senate I could get behind.