• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Viva Las Vegas! Nevada Governor signs Raiders stadium bill

Spike

Reaction score
The pieces continue to fall into place for the Raiders to move to Las Vegas.

Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval signed the stadium bill approved by the Nevada Assembly and Senate last week that calls for $750 million in public money to be used for the construction of a stadium for the team.

Raiders officials have said that if the stadium deal passed, they would present a plan at next week's NFL owners meeting in Houston. A vote on relocation could come at a January owners meeting, also in Houston.

http://abc7news.com/sports/nevada-gov-signs-bill-to-build-vegas-stadium-for-raiders/1559276/

web1_webraidersrendering3aug25-copy_7025534.jpg

----------------------

Fly to Vegas to watch the Steelers play da Raiders?

why not, sounds like a good deal to me

Still wondering why the tax payers are paying for stadiums. The nfl is a money machine owned by the mega wealthy and tax payers are buying them stadiums.

Because the NFL knows it can **** the people out of their hard earned cash.

Still wondering why the tax payers are paying for stadiums. The nfl is a money machine owned by the mega wealthy and tax payers are buying them stadiums.

Vegas itself is a money machine.

Vegas Raiders fits. The fan base that goes to the game might be a long term issue. I can see lots out town fans going to their home games.

Business as usual. I agree.

I've never agreed with that cinerio of Joe TAX payer paying for an identity to house their buisness. The average JOE doesn't even go NFL games and if by chance they do, it's one or two a year provided they live there. The NFL is a money vacuum and takes money from those who can afford it least via these public funding stadiums. Does the NFL really bring money into the community in a way that pays for the general public??? I realize it does but only for a specific few. The entire general public pays in.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City;294012[B said:
.....Does the NFL really bring money into the community in a way that pays for the general public??? I realize it does but only for a specific few. The entire general public pays in.[/B]

Salute the nation

The answer is no. Virtually all studies show that there is no net increase in local income or taxes with a publicly financed stadium. People just make different choices with what to do with their entertainment dollars.

The answer is no. Virtually all studies show that there is no net increase in local income or taxes with a publicly financed stadium. People just make different choices with what to do with their entertainment dollars.

Rhetorical question,........BUT thank you for the backing up explaination. AMZing how these politicians will do nearly anything for big money and leave the Joe Schmuck in the dust. Literally Thanks again for the information.

Salute the nation

Gotta wonder if the owners will approve the relocation. That puts the Raiders 3 hours or so away by car. Wonder if that also shifts the AFC tv market in SoCal. I'm less than an hour from San Diego and NOT in the Chargers tv market.

Maybe because the owners won't have to spend any of THEIR money!

It's not a done deal yet - 24 of the 32 owners have to approve

Last edited:
Not for nothing but who gives a ****...not I.