• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wal Mart Usually Scummy Corp. Does 1 Thing Right by Turning on Christian Fascists

When they remodeled the Wal-Mart near me they switched to low or no water urinals, I'm not sure how they work, and the men's room always smells like piss.

The one near me has about 50 cash registers and usually only about 2 cashiers. And 20 or 30 customers in the entire store. There is a McDonald's in there with one or two employees that I don't think I've ever seen a customer patronize. Honestly don't know how they stay in business. A few years ago most Walmarts were usually packed out the wazoo.

Maybe not now so much. I admit that I should have been in my prime in the '50's. But it's still easy to buy American and Local if you make it a priority.

Actually our Walmart sells local produce seasonally, but then I live in the midst of a bunch of farms. I usually buy it direct from the source.

The one near me has about 50 cash registers and usually only about 2 cashiers. And 20 or 30 customers in the entire store. There is a McDonald's in there with one or two employees that I don't think I've ever seen a customer patronize. Honestly don't know how they stay in business. A few years ago most Walmarts were usually packed out the wazoo.
The one near me is always packed but Beaver County is a broke-*** area since the steel mills and then USAirways closed up.

Indy,

How is Wal-Mart not a proxy for the entire American economy?

Indy,

How is Wal-Mart not a proxy for the entire American economy?

I'm not saying it isn't. I just think they're a ****** corporation that sells mostly ****** products that puts good people out of business and I prefer locally owned vs. big box stores.

And it brings these crazy ******** out of their holes...

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Last edited:
I'm not saying it isn't. I just think they're a ****** corporation that sells mostly ****** products that puts good people out of business and I prefer locally owned vs. big box stores.

And it brings these crazy ******** out of their holes...

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Some of the people who own local businesses aren't good people. I've known some real asshat business owners. Raging psychopaths. Tax cheats (most). Hiring illegals (many). Idiots. Druggies. Sexual harassers. I've run into all of them in my years in the restaurant and retail business.

I think you missed my initial post to this thread...

You stated: I just think Walmart sucks and it's existence hasn't really benefitted society.

And I replied to that two times, the last of which was: ANOTHER benefit to society that Trogololib overlooked. People of Walmart is an institution now, like the annual Darwin Awards.

Get it now? You claim Walmart sucks, and hasn't benefited society and I show you how they have by providing examples.

confused-look.jpg

You stated: I just think Walmart sucks and it's existence hasn't really benefitted society.

And I replied to that two times, the last of which was: ANOTHER benefit to society that Trogololib overlooked. People of Walmart is an institution now, like the annual Darwin Awards.

Get it now? You claim Walmart sucks, and hasn't benefited society and I show you how they have by providing examples.
]

Much like carnival freak shows, people watching at Walmart is a guilty pleasure, nothing to be proud of and certainly not a benefit to society.

Much like carnival freak shows, people watching at Walmart is a guilty pleasure, nothing to be proud of and certainly not a benefit to society.

But oh so convenient how you can't defend your incorrect, blanket statement that Walmart sucks and has no benefit to society. I notice the crickets to my reply about the real ways they have benefited society. You can only touch the one posted in jest.

Duly noted.

http://www.richestlifestyle.com/top-20-richest-people-in-the-world/10/

Wal-mart is the poster child for capitalism. It produced the wealthiest family in the world. All 4 Walton children make the top 20 wealthiest people in the world.

You get to be the poster child for capitalism by paying your employees as little as you can get away with and keeping as much as you can for yourself.

Wal-mart is the poster child for capitalism. It produced the wealthiest family in the world. All 4 Walton children make the top 20 wealthiest people in the world.

You get to be the poster child for capitalism by paying your employees as little as you can get away with and keeping as much as you can for yourself.

Ahhh yes, because all of those employed by Walmart would have otherwise been rocket scientists, physicians, or making $70K/year some other way, right?

Your side's blind hatred for Capitalism is so comical at times. You want to destroy Capitalism, and love the ideal, until you end up paying the price out of your own pockets. Like those Liberals screaming for Universal Health care, only to be captured on video years later screaming about their increased premiums. Rich, indeed.

What will be rich indeed, will be the 10 million Republicans who vote for Hillary because they don't want to
lose their Obamacare. Dems will be laughing their way to Presidential monopoly.

What will be rich indeed, will be the 10 million Republicans who vote for Hillary because they don't want to
lose their Obamacare. Dems will be laughing their way to Presidential monopoly.

As of now, that seems highly improbable.

http://allenbwest.com/2015/04/msnbc...llary-should-be-president-backfires-big-time/

The poll on MSNBC’s website appeared on Tuesday morning and currently shows that 86 percent of respondents would NOT vote for Hillary Clinton. Only 13 percent said they would and just two percent said “maybe.”

But oh so convenient how you can't defend your incorrect, blanket statement that Walmart sucks and has no benefit to society. I notice the crickets to my reply about the real ways they have benefited society. You can only touch the one posted in jest.

Duly noted.

So Walmart went green and it was not a public relations stunt? I guess I'm cynical and your not gullible.

So Walmart is good for property values say "researchers"? Right, probably the same researchers Brooks Bros. hired that concluded wearing casual clothes to work decreased productivity.

So Walmart went green and it was not a public relations stunt? I guess I'm cynical and your not gullible.

So Walmart is good for property values say "researchers"? Right, probably the same researchers Brooks Bros. hired that concluded wearing casual clothes to work decreased productivity.

Instead of attacking the myriad of reasons I gave as to how Walmart has benefited the US, why don't you instead defend your statement that Walmart sucks and has no benefit to society. You speak in such absolutes.

Let it be noted again, I'm not a big fan of Walmart, and see their ills. But I do recognize that they innovated and improved what we had. Now that needs improving.

But I'm not going to let you spew this drivel and establish a false narrative that they've done nothing good. That's asinine and indefensible.

I wonder why Kmart doesn't get this much hate? Kmart is like Walmart's red-headed stepchild.

SOMEBODY is going to be the wealthiest person in the world. I mean seriously...why is that an issue? If wealth is so awful why don't Hilary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren and Nancy Pelosi give most of their money to poor people and live on say, a million or two a year? Why aren't you bitching about Oprah, or Mick Jagger or Lebron James? Why is it that someone who makes money running a successful business that create millions of jobs is evil, but someone who makes money bouncing a ball or strutting their ugly *** around on a stage or taking speaking engagements because of their husband's coattails is good?

I wonder why Kmart doesn't get this much hate? Kmart is like Walmart's red-headed stepchild.

K-Mart/Sears is broke-*** and doesn't make any money.

Instead of attacking the myriad of reasons I gave as to how Walmart has benefited the US, why don't you instead defend your statement that Walmart sucks and has no benefit to society. You speak in such absolutes.

Let it be noted again, I'm not a big fan of Walmart, and see their ills. But I do recognize that they innovated and improved what we had. Now that needs improving.

But I'm not going to let you spew this drivel and establish a false narrative that they've done nothing good. That's asinine and indefensible.

You're seemingly angry. Why?

I'm entitled to an opinion that the world would be a better place had Walmart not wiped out tens or hundreds of thousands of small businesses. Have they done any good? Sure, but I think their net impact has been bad. They've taken away more opportunity than they've created.

You're seemingly angry. Why?

I'm entitled to an opinion that the world would be a better place had Walmart not wiped out tens or hundreds of thousands of small businesses. Have they done any good? Sure, but I think their net impact has been bad. They've taken away more opportunity than they've created.

If you think I'm angry, you're as good at judging character via written text as you are on judging the impact of business on society.

And thanks for admitting that Walmart does some good. You can erase your first post now that Walmart has NO benefit to society.

If we want to make this a healthy debate, I'd enjoy hearing your theory on what you'd like to see instead of Walmart.

Walmart outnumbers K-mart like 4-1, and it's getting bigger as K-marts are closing. Going by the last time I was in a K-mart, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Red-headed stepchild is right.

Last edited: