• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Washington state college called for a day without white people

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Ah, the tolerant, color-blind left -

After protesters at a Washington state college called for a day without white people, a biology professor says he no longer feels safe on campus — and student activists complain they’re being vilified by conservative media.

Evergreen State College students said racial tensions have been simmering in recent weeks, but reached a boiling point when a faculty member disagreed with their plans to protest what they say is institutional racism at the Olympia campus, according to The Olympian.

Students were particularly incensed by an email that surfaced on Twitter on May 25 between Professor Bret Weinstein and Rashida Love, director of First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services. Weinstein, who is white, allegedly condemned the “Day of Absence” event that asked white people to leave campus for the day.

He called the day “an act of oppression in and of itself” and said he would visit campus in spite of the demonstration, according to USA Today.

“If there was interest in a public presentation and discussion of race through a scientific/revolutionary lens, I would be quite willing to organize such an event,” Weinstein wrote.

Not only do they want the guy fired, but
“I have been told by the Chief of Police it’s not safe for me to be on campus,” Weinstein told KING. The station notes that Weinstein has spoken out in this year against increasing the role race plays in the admissions process.

That is just too ****** up. I'll go out on a limb and say that if a group of white students called for a day without black people, they would all be expelled. That's what should happen to this mob. If the administration coddles these jerks at all, I can't imagine why any white person would attend that place.

I think the Purge is spot on. Let's implement this process to removed stupid people

Students were particularly incensed by an email that surfaced on Twitter on May 25 between Professor Bret Weinstein and Rashida Love, director of First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services. Weinstein, who is white, allegedly condemned the “Day of Absence” event that asked white people to leave campus for the day.

giphy.gif

It's Washington. A "day without white people" would leave that ******* state with about 27 people to run ****.

P.S. I am guessing very few have been to Washington state. I have. It is whiter than rice dunked in bleach.

I know how we can fix racism....with more racism! Brilliant!

It's Washington. A "day without white people" would leave that ******* state with about 27 people to run ****.

P.S. I am guessing very few have been to Washington state. I have. It is whiter than rice dunked in bleach.

I have been to Washington state and I concur. However it is racist recognize the primarily Caucasian demographic of Washington state. Shame on you you racist bigot sexist homophobe.

The chickens have come home to roost.
The only redeeming factor is that these liberal teachers and academics who have supported and encouraged liberal extremism on campus have been bitten in the *** with their ideology.

Like this teacher.

So lets provide a safe space for these ********.

The entire campus.

That's something.

I would have LOVED to be there.

I would have been hospitalized. But it would have been SO worth it. When that gal says the admin can't tell her what black people need, I would have responded "And you have no idea what white people need."
Fan... ****... Incoming!

No white people?

Does this include no white WOMEN?

back to the back of the bus, *******

Evergreen State, Olympia, Wa

67% white, 10% Hispanic, 5% black. 57% women

Whites should abandon that institution in droves. **** them. If they don't want whites around then they surely should have to forfeit any entitlement to caucasian money. It's happened at Mizzou. Their Ferguson inspired activism has resulted in dorms closing, layoffs, etc. Good job, idiots.

Isn't that the school that doesn't give out grades?

Civil Rights now means Segregate Now!

More than 60 Evergreen State College faculty members sign petition demanding “disciplinary investigation” against biology professor Bret Weinstein because he said the school should treat all races the same

“Demonstrate accountability by pursuing a disciplinary investigation against Bret Weinstein according to guidelines in the Social Contract and Faculty Handbook. Weinstein has endangered faculty, staff, and students, making them targets of white supremacist backlash by promulgating misinformation in public emails, on national television, in news outlets, and on social media.”

https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2017/06/05/evergreen/

Weinstein has endangered faculty, staff, and students, making them targets of white supremacist backlash by promulgating misinformation in public emails, on national television, in news outlets, and on social media.”

No. In the interest of preserving his reputation, he has just gone out and told the truth. The fact is, the the truth reveals how ****** up this school is. These academics are so far removed from the real world, they do not have the ability to grasp the consequences.

The Evergreen State Fighting Geoducks!

for real

moby1.jpg

Their official mascot is a mollusk

4da31a42b8ded0ced9ea7fb13eca2e38.jpg

Er.. WTF?

Interim Provost Ken Tabbutt left specifics to the discretion of faculty members, but strongly suggested that they consider making "accommodations" for the "physical and emotional commitment" made by students.

Evergreen State College’s provost asked professors to consider “the physical and emotional commitment” of student protesters when deciding their final grades.

In emails obtained by Campus Reform through an open records request, the embattled school’s Interim Provost Ken Tabbutt reminded faculty members that “student protesters have diverted time and energy from their academic work to promote institutional change and social justice,” and should therefore be treated leniently with regard to grading.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9398

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Evergreen State College is not high on recruiters' lists.

Evergreen is a country club for social justice warriors. I have no idea how it is accredited.

Mike Rowe had a Dirty Jobs episode at a Geoduck farm. It's hilarious. I found it!