• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

what? food stamp fraud? LOL. that never happens.

What really pisses me off is when the taxpayer foots the bill for food stamps to feed the children and at the same time feed the child at school because there is a fear that they are not getting fed at home. And then pay for social services to see they are getting fed. Something is broke dick.

This aughtta make ya feel better Roy

IRS knew that illegals had stolen the Social Security numbers of 1 million U.S. taxpayers but said nothing

The IRS discovered that more than 1 million Americans have had their Social Security numbers stolen by illegal aliens, but the agency hasn’t informed the victims because it says its job is to collect taxes, not enforce immigration laws.
http://www.worldtribune.com/irs-kne...-of-1-million-u-s-taxpayers-but-said-nothing/

th

Yeah....everyone knows Bezos built his empire shipping instant mashed potatoes through UPS.........common knowledge.

LMAO

they are doing it right now. That's why they bought Whole Foods. If they wanted to make get rid of food stamps and replace it with some form of home delivery or pickup, it could easily be done. It's already being done

they are doing it right now. That's why they bought Whole Foods. If they wanted to make get rid of food stamps and replace it with some form of home delivery or pickup, it could easily be done. It's already being done

Tard simply doesn't get that Bezos essentially revolutionized "online." Whether it's Tide Pods or mashed potatoes. It's irrelevant. He and Amazon have upended the industry. For the past two years I've worked with nothing but the major names in retail - Walmart, Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, Safeway, the Ahold Delhaize companies, etc. EVERY meeting involves Amazon and "how can we compete." Toys R Us announced it's going out of business. KMart is closing stores. More and more families are doing quite literally 100% of their shopping online, from diapers to motor oil.

Amazon did this.

In fact, I dare say that Amazon Federal could do this. If the US Government were to create a "ship to the needy" service, Amazon's in perfect position with its infrastructure to run a system like this. Amazon already has checkout-less stores up and running (literally one or two people stock shelves and that's it). They have delivery. They have locker systems. Like FedEx, this is an infrastructure company as well.

They would be in a perfect position to bypass anything brick and mortar and work with the Feds to create a system and a network that could help eliminate fraud, lower the costs of the program, and increase the efficiency. THAT is what Amazon does.

Reactions: MTC
Tim, you keep confusing the discussion with facts. ElftardPoloLIiar is not interested in your facts. He simply chants, "Russia, Trump, Russia, Trump, Russia, Trump" endlessly while wetting himself and waiting for his next taxpayer-funded check to clear, where he admits to overbilling the taxpayer.

Tim, you keep confusing the discussion with facts. ElftardPoloLIiar is not interested in your facts. He simply chants, "Russia, Trump, Russia, Trump, Russia, Trump" endlessly while wetting himself and waiting for his next taxpayer-funded check to clear, where he admits to overbilling the taxpayer.

Maybe Russia had something to do with the food stamp fraud lol.

They would be in a perfect position to bypass anything brick and mortar and work with the Feds to create a system and a network that could help eliminate fraud, lower the costs of the program, and increase the efficiency. THAT is what Amazon does.

Except that you would need armored cars with armed guards in East L.A., Chicago, and Detroit. Of course guns are bad and would offend the sensibilities of those fine citizens.

Except that you would need armored cars with armed guards in East L.A., Chicago, and Detroit. Of course guns are bad and would offend the sensibilities of those fine citizens.

And never mind that any efficiencies will be lost when you have to deliver to just about every rural/small town address in the South, and even North in places like W. Virginia.

Those areas are serviced by carriers like UPS who basically partly subsidize those few home deliveries with their business deliveries in said areas.

The idiots on here advocating this now want to build/contract a logistical and physical infrastructure network so they can get heavy cans of peas or sacks of potatoes and frozen meats to everyone on SNAP benefits.......truly clueless as to how expensive that would be.

There is a reason the gov. gives people the money and let's private enterprise(grocers) take care of the infrastructure.

Some of your friends here are truly babbling idiots. And all for the sake of punishing the poor.

Punishing the poor by providing them with food. Punishing.

And never mind that any efficiencies will be lost when you have to deliver to just about every rural/small town address in the South, and even North in places like W. Virginia.

Those areas are serviced by carriers like UPS who basically partly subsidize those few home deliveries with their business deliveries in said areas.

The idiots on here advocating this now want to build/contract a logistical and physical infrastructure network so they can get heavy cans of peas or sacks of potatoes and frozen meats to everyone on SNAP benefits.......truly clueless as to how expensive that would be.

There is a reason the gov. gives people the money and let's private enterprise(grocers) take care of the infrastructure.

Some of your friends here are truly babbling idiots. And all for the sake of punishing the poor.
because you are unable to distinguish between what has happened and what CAN happen. You literally point to the past as to why things cannot be in the future. You claim to be a card-carrying, skirt-hoisting, long-nosed ***** of the progressive party, but at each instance where technology can help overcome and accomplish, you say that it can't happen because ... well, we can't use cars since we have horses and we can't use trains because we have cars and we can't use planes because we have trains and we can't....

with all the buildings going empty through foreclosures (thanks, Clinton), in inner cities, these could be stocked a la the Amazon lockers. With the rural settings you so clutch to, yet hate when it's voting time, there could be an expansion (oh, ****...and more jobs) of the Amazon delivery. With more contractors doing these deliveries.

oh, but, no. it can't happen. People would never ride in an automobile since they have a fine horse.

******* jackass.

Amazon ships to West Virginia. They ship...everywhere.

They...have...it...figured...out.

Try looking up Amazon's profitability, dip ****.

You really are one dense son of a *****.

In my Sunday paper today, one of the local grocery stores is advertising free delivery. You can pick out your stuff online, pay for it, and they will deliver it.

Not only can food be delivered, you could also partner with local stores where people can pick it up. The gov could easily partner with Walmart, Kroger, Giant, whoever. They can have local partnerships where you can shop online and pick it up in store.

It is so absurd to argue that this can't be done when it actually is being done and being done for profit. Of course, the gov would need time to set up their own system which is bloated, inefficient and operates at a loss.

because you are unable to distinguish between what has happened and what CAN happen. You literally point to the past as to why things cannot be in the future. You claim to be a card-carrying, skirt-hoisting, long-nosed ***** of the progressive party, but at each instance where technology can help overcome and accomplish, you say that it can't happen because ... well, we can't use cars since we have horses and we can't use trains because we have cars and we can't use planes because we have trains and we can't....

with all the buildings going empty through foreclosures (thanks, Clinton), in inner cities, these could be stocked a la the Amazon lockers. With the rural settings you so clutch to, yet hate when it's voting time, there could be an expansion (oh, ****...and more jobs) of the Amazon delivery. With more contractors doing these deliveries.

oh, but, no. it can't happen. People would never ride in an automobile since they have a fine horse.

******* jackass.

So now you are for expansive growth of government to accommodate this nonsense? My.....my....yeah you guys love that small government.

Why don't we build a bunch of government hospitals as well and we can model them on the V.A. we know how well that works......except instead of just veterans they can service everyone on government health aid....

How do you think that will work genius?

Amazon is tiny in retail space compared to a company like wal mart. Wal mart probably has 1000x the retail square footage and accompanying logistics to support that retail space. Yet in many places of the country there are areas known as "food deserts" where people have to drive 20 + miles to get to a wal mart.

You think Amazon is going to build itself up to go where not even wal mart does just because they own a niche grocery chain that serves large urban areas? What do you think that expansion is going to cost?

Idiocy.

Last edited:
So now you are for expansive growth of government to accommodate this nonsense? My.....my....yeah you guys love that small government.

Why don't we build a bunch of government hospitals as well and we can model them on the V.A. we know how well that works......except instead of just veterans they can service everyone on government health aid....

Amazon is tiny in retail space compared to a company like wal mart. Wal mart probably has 1000x the retail square footage and accompanying logistics to support that retail space. Yet in many places of the country there are areas known as "food deserts" where people have to drive 20 + miles to get to a wal mart.

You think Amazon is going to build itself up to go where not even wal mart does just because they own a niche grocery chain that serves large urban areas? What do you think that expansion is going to cost?

Idiocy.

What part of IT"S ALREADY HAPPENING, don't you understand?

I get it though, none of the lefty websites have told you what to think about this yet so you're winging it.

There are grocery stores all over the place. The infrastructure is already in place. All that has to happen is get rid of the debit cards and give people some sort of food account that is redeemable for food at a combination of online retailers or local stores.

The debit cards are being abused. Fraud is rampant. They switched to debit cards because the claim was that presenting food stamps at store was embarrassing. Ordering online solves that.

Here's another article proving you wrong about how Walmart if expanding their home delivered grocery business by building pickup centers and partnering with Uber and others. You wouldn't even need your own car to pick up your groceries

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...10-for-grocery-delivery/ar-BBKnTCu?li=BBnbfcL

What part of IT"S ALREADY HAPPENING, don't you understand?

I get it though, none of the lefty websites have told you what to think about this yet so you're winging it.

There are grocery stores all over the place. The infrastructure is already in place. All that has to happen is get rid of the debit cards and give people some sort of food account that is redeemable for food at a combination of online retailers or local stores.

The debit cards are being abused. Fraud is rampant. They switched to debit cards because the claim was that presenting food stamps at store was embarrassing. Ordering online solves that.

Here's another article proving you wrong about how Walmart if expanding their home delivered grocery business by building pickup centers and partnering with Uber and others. You wouldn't even need your own car to pick up your groceries

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...10-for-grocery-delivery/ar-BBKnTCu?li=BBnbfcL

I actually did LOL...so true!

Elfie, what a piece of work she is.

Amazon is tiny in retail space compared to a company like wal mart. Wal mart probably has 1000x the retail square footage and accompanying logistics to support that retail space.

What in the name of ****???? LMAO !!!

Amazon is a 178 BILLION dollar company.

WalMart is ******** their pants over Amazon, which is slowly causing Walmart to re-think their real estate investments. They are putting companies that HAVE real estate out of business. Like Kmart. Like Toys R Us. The companies WITH real estate are suffering because....DRUM ROLL....they have HUGE real estate costs.

What part of this do you not understand?

Amazon is a logistics company that has figured out how to bypass real estate to deliver goods to consumers at BETTER prices.

Jesus H Christ you are one daft son of a *****. Amazon is succeeding because they DO NOT HAVE real estate to worry about.

Holy **** this is comical to read.

Idiocy.

I dunno Elf, what do you think it will cost?

More than all the cases of food stamp fraud in the country combined?

In Jax $3.7 mill...

In Cleveland :
https://www.google.com/search?sourc....64.psy-ab..0.19.1825...0i131k1.0.mMXJzeKutdI

Just one little store in California:

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/...store-in-2-million-ebt-food-stamp-fraud-case/

What do you think it costs the taxpayer for government policing of food stamp fraud?
https://www.fns.usda.gov/fraud/what-snap-fraud

Both combined I would estimate a billion a year.
What do you say?

Last edited:
What in the name of ****???? LMAO !!!

Amazon is a 178 BILLION dollar company.

WalMart is ******** their pants over Amazon, which is slowly causing Walmart to re-think their real estate investments. They are putting companies that HAVE real estate out of business. Like Kmart. Like Toys R Us. The companies WITH real estate are suffering because....DRUM ROLL....they have HUGE real estate costs.

What part of this do you not understand?

Amazon is a logistics company that has figured out how to bypass real estate to deliver goods to consumers at BETTER prices.

Jesus H Christ you are one daft son of a *****. Amazon is succeeding because they DO NOT HAVE real estate to worry about.

Holy **** this is comical to read.

So how are they going to get the goods to people in every area of the country without establishing actual physical space for distribution? That's what I meant by Amazon being tiny. Oh partner with grocery chains.....then what in the hell do we need Amazon for ?

Grocery chains already have that figured out.....hey why don't I just give people a debit card and let the grocery chains WITH GROCERY STORES, handle the groceries.......what a novel idea.

SNAP fraud in 2016 was about 70 million out of a budget of about 79 billion.....you actually think what you're proposing is going to come in under that? You can't do 1/10 of 1% of what you're saying.

Meanwhile the defense budget for that same year was about 650 billion dollars. And DOD has lost 150 billion to fraud since about 2002.....150 billion.

Like I said :as long as we can punish the poor ,money is no object.

This aughtta make ya feel better Roy

IRS knew that illegals had stolen the Social Security numbers of 1 million U.S. taxpayers but said nothing

The IRS discovered that more than 1 million Americans have had their Social Security numbers stolen by illegal aliens, but the agency hasn’t informed the victims because it says its job is to collect taxes, not enforce immigration laws.
http://www.worldtribune.com/irs-kne...-of-1-million-u-s-taxpayers-but-said-nothing/

th

I though that said "would I abolish the Irish" I was still OK with the answer.

In my Sunday paper today, one of the local grocery stores is advertising free delivery. You can pick out your stuff online, pay for it, and they will deliver it.

Not only can food be delivered, you could also partner with local stores where people can pick it up. The gov could easily partner with Walmart, Kroger, Giant, whoever. They can have local partnerships where you can shop online and pick it up in store.

It is so absurd to argue that this can't be done when it actually is being done and being done for profit. Of course, the gov would need time to set up their own system which is bloated, inefficient and operates at a loss.

The gubmint will need to take the time to figure out which campaign donors get the project to program something from scratch, another campaign donor to "qc" it, millions of $ to make sure both of these companies haven't violated son of the myriad of discrimination hiring practices are OSHA regulations.

So how are they going to get the goods to people in every area of the country without establishing actual physical space for distribution? That's what I meant by Amazon being tiny. Oh partner with grocery chains.....then what in the hell do we need Amazon for ?

Grocery chains already have that figured out.....hey why don't I just give people a debit card and let the grocery chains WITH GROCERY STORES, handle the groceries.......what a novel idea.

SNAP fraud in 2016 was about 70 million out of a budget of about 79 billion.....you actually think what you're proposing is going to come in under that? You can't do 1/10 of 1% of what you're saying.

Meanwhile the defense budget for that same year was about 650 billion dollars. And DOD has lost 150 billion to fraud since about 2002.....150 billion.

You are utterly ******* lost. UTTERLY.

How do you think Amazon delivers "ANYTHING" to ANY address in the country today?

They aren't TINY dipshit. As I said they are a $178BILLION dollar company.

They are logistics masterminds. Bezos wants to start using drones. He already does same day delivery if you want it. He's got fleet. He leases airplanes. If the government wanted to go this direction a company like Amazon WOULD FIGURE THIS OUT AND DO THE JOB unlike the "brilliants" in the Federal Government (hello USPS and Amtrak?).

Just stop Tard, I'm not utterly embarrassed for you. Your lack of understanding of this issue is profound. They have these distribution centers now in just the USA:

Arizona
Phoenix (PHX3, PHX6, PHX7)
Goodyear (PHX5)
Tolleson (PHX9)
California
Patterson (OAK3)
Tracy (OAK4, SJC7, OAK6)
Newark[29] (OAK5)
San Bernardino (ONT2, ONT5, SNA7, SNA8)
Moreno Valley[29] (ONT6, ONT8)
Redlands[29] (ONT9)
Rialto (SNA4, LGB8)
Eastvale (SNA6, SNA9)
Sacramento (SMF1)
Stockton[29] (XUSD)
Connecticut
Windsor Locks (BDL1)
Delaware
New Castle (PHL1)
Middletown, Delaware[30] (PHL7)
Florida
Davenport[29] (MCO5)
Doral[29] (Miami) (MIA5)
Ruskin (TPA1)
Lakeland (TPA2)
Jacksonville (JAX2, JAX3, JAX5)
Georgia
East Point[29] (ATL6)
Lithia Springs[29] (ATL8)
Union City[29] (ATL7)
Indiana
Whitestown (IND1, XUSE)
Plainfield (IND2, IND3, IND5)
Indianapolis[29] (IND4)
Jeffersonville (SDF8)
Illinois
Joliet[29] (MDW2, MDW4)
Romeoville (MDW5)
Edwardsville (STL4, STL6, STL7)
Monee (MDW7)
Kansas
Kansas City[29](MKC6)
Lenexa[29] (MCI5)
Edgerton (MKC4)[31]
Kentucky
Campbellsville (SDF1)
Louisville (SDF2)
Shepherdsville[29] (SDF4, SDF6, SDF7, SDF9)
Hebron (CVG1, CVG2, CVG3, CVG5, CVG7)
Lexington (LEX1, LEX2)
Maryland
Baltimore[32][33] (BWI2, BWI5)
North East (MDT2)[34]
Massachusetts
Fall River[29] (BOS7)
Stoughton[29] (BOS5)
Michigan
Livonia, Brownstown [29] (DET1, DTW5)
Minnesota
Shakopee[29] (MSP1, MSP5)
Nevada
North Las Vegas (LAS2)
Fernley[29] ( closed) (RNO1)
Reno[29] (RNO2)
New Hampshire
Nashua (BOS1)
New Jersey
Florence (ABE8)
Swedesboro[29] (ACY5)
Robbinsville[35] (EWR4)
Avenel (EWR5, EWR6/7)
Carteret (EWR9, LGA7/8)
Teterboro (EWR8)
Edison (LGA9)
New York
Lancaster (BUF5)
North Carolina
Charlotte (CLT2)
Concord[29] (CLT5)
Durham (RDU5)
Ohio
Columbus (CMH1, CMH2)
Oregon
Hillsboro (PDX5)
Pennsylvania
Breinigsville[29] (ABE2, ABE3)
Easton (ABE4)
Harrisburg[29] (ABE5)
Hazleton (AVP1)
Gouldsboro (AVP2/3)
Carlisle (MDT1, PHL4, PHL6, PHL9, XUSC)
Lewisberry (PHL5)
Pittsburgh (PIT1)
South Carolina
West Columbia (CAE1)
Spartanburg (GSP1)
Tennessee
Chattanooga (CHA1)
Charleston (CHA2)
Lebanon (BNA1, BNA2)
Murfreesboro (BNA3)
Nashville (BNA5)
Texas
Coppell (DFW6, FTW2)
Fort Worth[29] (DFW7)
Humble (HOU1)
Schertz (SAT1)
San Marcos (SAT2)[36]
Virginia
Petersburg (RIC1)
Chester (RIC2, RIC3)
Washington
Sumner[37][38] (BFI1)
DuPont (BFI3)
Kent[29] (BFI4, BFI5, BFI6)
Bellevue (SEA8)
Wisconsin
Kenosha[39] (MKE1, MKE5)

You think with a Government contract to say distribute food that A) they wouldn't expand upon the DCs they have and B) they wouldn't invest in others to make the system work?

Holy ******* face palm batman.

Last edited:

didn't you say you did contract work for the DoD? i know where they can trim some fat.
additionally, you don't want to pay our soldiers. what kind of ******* are you?

I think they should actually run it like WIC where it is specific in what you can and can't get. perhaps partner with different stores to offer discounted pricing on fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as meats.

Either that or just set up food banks that function like grocery stores except that they only have actual food.... no candy or Doritos or any **** like that. Every item would have a dollar value and the benefit recipient only gets to spend whatever he or she is given for the month. Also I would require an ID to be shown at the time of purchase to make sure the person getting the food is the same person whose name is on the card. My father lives in a low income apartment building that used to be for seniors on social security. Several years ago, however, they started taking anyone that gets SDI or social security, so now there’s a bunch of young folks living there. Needless to say, the place went downhill fast. I’d say if I had to guess, probably 80% of them don’t have a ******* thing wrong with them. I don’t know how many times I’ve been asked by some of them if I want to buy their EBT card balance, so I know how rampant this **** is. It’s ******* infuriating.

Great idea.