• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is the big deal with Trump's abortion comment?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
If abortion is illegal, then there has to be some form of punishment. What is controversial about that? Disappointed that he walked that back. What, it should just be a symbolic law, like our immigration laws?

This thread is not meant to be about whether or not it should be against the law. It is just about in the case where it is illegal, then what is controversial about there being some sort of punishment for breaking the law?

Liberals only follow laws they like, hence nonsense like sanctuary cities.

Trump all over the place on abortion. Women who have abortions should be punished... check that.... they are victims, doctors who perform them should be punished... if the Supreme Court rules that they should... and now for something really terrific.

Trump all over the place on abortion. Women who have abortions should be punished... check that.... they are victims, doctors who perform them should be punished... if the Supreme Court rules that they should... and now for something really terrific.

More negotiating tactics I guess.

If abortion is illegal, then there has to be some form of punishment. What is controversial about that? Disappointed that he walked that back. What, it should just be a symbolic law, like our immigration laws?

This thread is not meant to be about whether or not it should be against the law. It is just about in the case where it is illegal, then what is controversial about there being some sort of punishment for breaking the law?

I actually agree with him...if something's illegal and you do it, there should be a penalty. When I think of a woman going and having Gosnell kill her full term baby I have no problem saying she should be punished. But of course that's a hugely unpopular opinion. Which is why Trump immediately reversed it. Oh I forgot, we're supposed ignore the dumb stuff he says.

Why do you hate women?

If you read the transcript, Mathews was baiting him and putting words in his mouth the entire time.

I actually agree with him...if something's illegal and you do it, there should be a penalty. When I think of a woman going and having Gosnell kill her full term baby I have no problem saying she should be punished. But of course that's a hugely unpopular opinion. Which is why Trump immediately reversed it. Oh I forgot, we're supposed ignore the dumb stuff he says.
As I said, I was disappointed that Trump walked that back.

Don't touch the stove, it's hot.

He should never of let Chrissy lead him down that road. Bad Donald.

He walked it back to blame the Dr, not the woman - if you even go within a 10ft pole range of that "what if" **** on abortion you are heading for trouble

The big deal is that it's Trump. If Hitlery had said something similar, she'd be applauded.

The big deal is that it's Trump. If Hitlery had said something similar, she'd be applauded.

Part of Trump's appeal is that he isn''t all bland and PC from having political consultants but I think it's time he got some.

I think this time Trump badly damaged his chances to become president. Abortion is the 3rd rail of politics, and even if you are against it, his reply of women should be punished for having one without issuing disclaimers like there would be no punishment in cases of rape will make many of his women supports back off.

Sorry Donald, I was for you, but now you will not be able to win the presidential election. You only have 25% support of the women, and that number will drop after this fiasco.

I will root for either Curz or a brokered convention. It might be time to become pragmatic. Kasich, I like a lot. He has a good business record, and polls best of the three, beating Clinton by 6.5%, which is outside the margin of error. Kasich looks rather residential and has a low negative rating. He can win.

While Kasich has gone to the middle a bit, its political strategy on his part It's best to judge a politician on his voting record, not his words.

Trump supporters might not like this, but he has flipped flopped too.

The whole conversation was hypothetical anyway, based on if the supreme court overturned Roe v. Wade and made abortion illegal. The media is so desperate to make Trump look bad that twist every little thing to fit their agenda. I'd like to beat Today's Matt and Savannah with a bat.

The big deal is the same bid deal the media and Trump haters are trying to gin up with the video that proves the chick reporter was lying when she said she was thrown to the ground and hurt by Trump's lead guy. Total BS in both cases.

While Kasich has gone to the middle a bit, its political strategy on his part It's best to judge a politician on his voting record, not his words.

How can you trust any politician that eats pizza with a knife and fork?