• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is White Fragility?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Since systemic racism is something a lot of people here are unwilling to educate themselves about the other side of the argument, it brings up a perfect opportunity to discuss White Fragility:

"White people in North America live in a society that is deeply separate and unequal by race, and white people are the beneficiaries of that separation and inequality. As a result, we are insulated from racial stress, at the same time that we come to feel entitled to and deserving of our advantage. Given how seldom we experience racial discomfort in a society we dominate, we haven’t had to build our racial stamina. Socialized into a deeply internalized sense of superiority that we either are unaware of or can never admit to ourselves, we become highly fragile in conversations about race. We consider a challenge to our racial worldviews as a challenge to our very identities as good, moral people. Thus, we perceive any attempt to connect us to the system of racism as an unsettling and unfair moral offense. The smallest amount of racial stress is intolerable—the mere suggestion that being white has meaning often triggers a range of defensive responses. These include emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and withdrawal from the stress-inducing situation. These responses work to reinstate white equilibrium as they repel the challenge, return our racial comfort, and maintain our dominance within the racial hierarchy. I conceptualize this process as white fragility."

If you choose to want to learn more, the book can be downloaded here, for free:

https://b-ok.cc/book/3553806/99f7ce

So where is this racism you speak of? New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Houston, and on and on. All with massive numbers of African-American government employees, African-American leadership in every major position, for years. Decades. More than a generation.

Schooling? Once again, the data show that the worst-run schools exist in areas where African-Americans exercise a significant amount of control, and usually run the place. Tom Bradley, David Dinkins, Lori Lightfoot and Lightonbrains, and on and on. Are African-Americans the racists?

Racism exists. Okay. Laws protect against racism. Those subjected to racism can seek redress.

But your belief that the problems in the African-American community and black families is due to white people and racism is demonstrably, provably wrong. The simple truth is that a massive industry now depends on the racism claim. A lot of government workers, charitable organizations and their employees, earn a living on the racial bandwagon. The problem is that unfortunately, single-parent families are the vast majority in the African-American community. Our entire history, and indeed civilization's history, has shown that the lack of a stable, strong family system destroys the citizens. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the fact that 6-year olds don't want to eat their vegetables and do homework; they want to watch TV and eat ice cream.

Why don't they? Because they know arguing with dad will lead to an ***-kicking. So if we spent our time and energy telling fathers to ******* take care of their kids, and stopped rewarding single-parenting, we might actually improve things.

Since systemic racism is something a lot of people here are unwilling to educate themselves about the other side of the argument, it brings up a perfect opportunity to discuss White Fragility:

If you choose to want to learn more, the book can be downloaded here, for free:

https://b-ok.cc/book/3553806/99f7ce

It does seem like you're trying to help us build our "racial stamina."

I dispute that contention though as seems to me like we have a high degree of "racial stamina" as the left makes it all about race all the time.

Not one policy enacted or supported or discussed by liberals during this WHOLE George Floyd mess has to do with the African-American family unit. Not ONE.

No one seems to care that 75% of African-Americans live in single family homes and don't have fathers around. I care Cope. And I strongly support policies that would improve that statistic. But because I am white, but because those policies I support would have blacks start by taking some responsibility for fatherless homes (not ALL, some). I can't be "woke" enough for you.

I have to tear down my white-ness, apologize for european colonization and centuries of world dominance, somehow have to agree to reparations and anything the black left wants, or else be labeled a right-wing bigot, racist and have a "supposed" clinical diagnosis of "White Fragility" imposed on me by a bunch of stuck-up, out-of-touch professors with bullshit degrees in "Black Studies" or "Feminism" who haven't worked a hard day in their lives.

Last edited:
I think you're right Cope. As white people we DO deserve to be annihilated and exterminated from the face of the Earth.

Almost immediately, the world would be at peace, Governments would be completely unnecessary, and all people of color would live in harmony once the malignant scourge of caucasionism is completely eradicated from the face of the Earth.

As Malcom X once said, the only thing you can do to help civil rights movements if you are white is to kill yourself. Dude was a straight up visionary.

I think you're right Cope. As white people we DO deserve to be annihilated and exterminated from the face of the Earth.

Almost immediately, the world would be at peace, Governments would be completely unnecessary, and all people of color would live in harmony once the malignant scourge of caucasionism is completely eradicated from the face of the Earth.

Truth. Look how amazing the world is outside of the racist hotbeds like the United States, England, Scotland, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, France, etc. All bastions of racist-spewing, melanin-deprived maniacs and nations that see entire populations wiped out by emigration and starvation.

Meanwhile, paradise nations like Mozambique, Congo, Central African Republic, Yemen, and Sudan have to build walls to keep people out.

Conjunctions are racist.

What's thier function?
Yeah, we know all about that ABC cartoon, Conjunction Junction. We laugh and sing, watching the white engineer operate the train and trying to educate the kids with the white man's English. But, the dirty racist fact is, slave labor was used to build those tracks that the white man owns. Many slaves died building those tracks. And to make matters worse, the programming was aimed towards the white children. Black kids were left behind. Why do you think black adults today don't know their conjunctions? Racism. It's woven into your DNA. No Ifs Ands Or Buts about it.

What's thier function?

iu

Helping to join racist terms and phrases: "Bob was a racist AND a white supremacist."

It's funny, in one sentence the guy says we don't like challenges to our racial world view, but then a few sentences later condemns any reaction you might have to that as if the only proper reaction to have to it is to just admit that you're a racist piece of **** because you're white.

In American society, being labeled a racist is one of the greatest stigmas you can put on a person. The guy expects you to just agree and if you don't well, you're fragile.

JFC can you keep this crap to one thread?

I'm beginning to believe that the NFL is again trying to chase me away. Been a Steeler fan since the early 60's and it's all coming to a screeching halt.

First Roger says he doesn't care if players disrespect our flag and Country, now we have a SteelrNation contributor and blogger preaching this anti-white anti-cop rhetoric. One player kneels on this team and I'm done. Fuckum, I got better things to do than listen to feel good gibberish and racist propaganda.

I'm about done with the NFL anyway. Now everyone but the clowns will get into the playoffs. Can't touch the QB... well except Ben and you can beat him to a pulp. Can't figure out from one game to the next what a catch should be. Now with this I think I'm done. The NFL can go pound sand.

These include emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and withdrawal from the stress-inducing situation.

So I find this sentence very telling. Being angry at being called racist is racist. Fearing being called racist is racist. Feeling guilt about the plight of African Americans means we're racist. Arguing that we're not racists is racist, but so is silence and withdrawal and not saying anything.

Not sure what it is we're supposed to do exactly. I try to live my life being kind to everyone. I treat everyone as I would like to be treated unless they give me reason not to. I don't use racist speech or make racist jokes nor allow them in my home. I am not a person who feels it's particularly courageous or helpful to anyone to post virtue signaling memes on social media. I prefer to help needy people with actions and deeds not words.

But it seems no matter what white people do no matter how well meaning it's now wrong, tone deaf, insensitive, and racist.

It's veering from these protests being about racial justice and basic fairness to wanting to control our every thought and word. To make sure we self-flagellate a lot but of course it's never enough. To lay the groundwork for making outrageous demands that no one will then feel they can object to lest they be viewed as racist.

It's just another form of tyranny.

One word:

RACISM. And white privilege.

Okay, three words. Four including the conjunction.

Cope is here to lead ya to the promised land...so listen up.

For those of you who say racism doesn't exist. I have a few questions:
Started by Cope

Understanding Systemic Racism
Started by Cope,

It is Good to Experience a Peaceful Protest
Started by Cope

What is White Fragility?
Started by Cope,

Why he didn't just stick to football is a puzzle. At least he was mildly competent at that.

Cope is here to lead ya to the promised land...so listen up.

For those of you who say racism doesn't exist. I have a few questions:
Started by Cope

Understanding Systemic Racism
Started by Cope,

It is Good to Experience a Peaceful Protest
Started by Cope

What is White Fragility?
Started by Cope,

Why he didn't just stick to football is a puzzle. At least he was mildly competent at that.

Maybe he is Drunk Cope a lot more these days.

All white people should immediately commit suicide in a manner that seems most fitting to them, and if they are unable, they should submit themselves for processing at extermination centers so we can do our part to make the world the kind of place it should be.

Death to people without pigment.

And just to be certain... death to anybody who has mixed blood with white people. It's a sacrifice, but ultimately it's the only way to ensure that the plague of caucasian is stamped out utterly and irrevocably.