• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is White Fragility?

Cope has taken some Tombstone Pile Drivers following turning heel with the Professor of Anthropological and Systemic Racism Studies character.

aracistsayswhat?

Not a racist........specieist, some of those people can not be the same species as me, so that would make me a specieist

ghetto-funny-pictures-16.jpg
ghetto-funny-pictures-12.jpg
ghetto-funny-pictures-5.jpg

So I find this sentence very telling. Being angry at being called racist is racist. Fearing being called racist is racist. Feeling guilt about the plight of African Americans means we're racist. Arguing that we're not racists is racist, but so is silence and withdrawal and not saying anything.

Not sure what it is we're supposed to do exactly. I try to live my life being kind to everyone. I treat everyone as I would like to be treated unless they give me reason not to. I don't use racist speech or make racist jokes nor allow them in my home. I am not a person who feels it's particularly courageous or helpful to anyone to post virtue signaling memes on social media. I prefer to help needy people with actions and deeds not words.

But it seems no matter what white people do no matter how well meaning it's now wrong, tone deaf, insensitive, and racist.

It's veering from these protests being about racial justice and basic fairness to wanting to control our every thought and word. To make sure we self-flagellate a lot but of course it's never enough. To lay the groundwork for making outrageous demands that no one will then feel they can object to lest they be viewed as racist.

It's just another form of tyranny.

True Story:
On Facebook, someone started a thread that said Trump is a racist, POS. I asked her to back up her opinion with facts.
Immediately, one of her friends called me racist. I stated who I was and that this person calling me racist had never met me and knows nothing about me. So, how can this person call me racist? Well, I was called racist again for even asking that. Then racist for asking for facts. Thus, facts and questioning opinions are now racist.

and if i ever meet that ****** who called me racist, he'll be picking his teeth out of his ****.

In today's NFL/society, does anyone have safer job security in the world than Mike Tomlin?

He could go 0-16, start a team of 11 women and wouldn't get fired.

Another thing that makes it harder to root for the Social Justice Warrior Steelers!

We've seen this same movie the past 10 years.

On Facebook, someone started a thread that said Trump is a racist, POS.

His initiatives to help the black community and this roundtable seem quite racist:

I keep seeing the title of this thread, and seriously, who came up with this 'white fragility' and why should they be taken seriously? Honest question.

Sorry Cope. Love ya man, and what you do around here, but I think that this white fragility stuff is pig hooey. Just another angle to make white guys the bad guys and victimize black folk.

I just don't buy it.

Last edited:
From now on, we'll just stay silent, bow our heads in shame and admit our sins and accept our just punishment.

that would not be debate, I disagree with much of Cope is saying but I just think we should all be a little more tolerant in our dissent. We can disagree with belittling. Even if that is what his opinion does unintentionally by demeaning any other opinion not in lockstep with woke thinking.

White fragility is a myth. What other race would allow a minority to get free college, set up their own organization with the sole purpose of shaking down white businesses, have welfare without work, given subsidized housing, subsidized electric bills, allowed into the best colleges in the world without having the grades, free public schools, free public school lunches, free programs to help with reading, writing and math, given preferential treatment in job interviews, have laws that protect them without protecting anyone else, allow them to decide what words can and can't be used by the majority but can be used by them, allows them to discriminate against the majority in hiring but makes it illegal for them to be discriminated against, ***** when whites move out of an area, ***** when whites move into an area, can commit 85% of interracial crimes without the majority even saying BOO, tear down historical monuments without city, state or local approval, riot, steal, loot and burn cities at will without being arrested, beg for police to come into their neighborhoods because of all the crime then call the police racists for "over policing" their neighborhood.

I could go on but I'll stop for now. Please tell me one other race in the world would allow this? Go to any African country and see if you can get this. How about Asia? The only people that are allowing others to destroy their civilization and culture is the west. What and absolute disaster. White fragility? Please. The only white fragility that's not a myth is when white liberals bow their heads at the alter of BLM or some other communist cult.

that would not be debate, I disagree with much of Cope is saying but I just think we should all be a little more tolerant in our dissent. We can disagree with belittling. Even if that is what his opinion does unintentionally by demeaning any other opinion not in lockstep with woke thinking.

But in my opinion, the left (not Cope) isn't looking for a debate, rather they want to lecture.

There was a show on last night titled Where Do We Go From Here, or something like that. I considered watching it until the promo, just before it aired had Oprah Winfrey stating, "this is what white people need to know, and this is what white people need to do." The show may have well been positive in nature, but that sound bite caused me to change the channel.

But in my opinion, the left (not Cope) isn't looking for a debate, rather they want to lecture.

There was a show on last night titled Where Do We Go From Here, or something like that. I considered watching it until the promo, just before it aired had Oprah Winfrey stating, "this is what white people need to know, and this is what white people need to do." The show may have well been positive in nature, but that sound bite caused me to change the channel.

I Inferred that in my last reply. Cope is repeating narratives that make any response other than total agreement racist and wrong. That is not how this country works. I just am not sure he actually feels that way. I hope not.

Has anyone been handed a job, money, or a favorable seat on an airplane for " white privilege "

The reality is is you have minority status, your more likely to get a job with similar qualifications to a white american, at least in the larger corporations and universities.

Nope. It's real.

Hold on. I looked up Francois Botha, and it says he was born in South Africa but lives in the USA. Wouldn't that make him an African American?

I don't even know which thread to put this **** in anymore. Nancy thinks all these white guys look alike. And can't one of the richest women in America get a set of dentures to stay put in her mouth? And while we are quickly trying to erase American history. can't we erase the era of slavery so we can get past it?

I used to think Hillary Clinton was the most despicable politician of our day. Now I'm not so sure.

And every time I look at this thread title, I think of this:

tenor.gif

Yeah, we know all about that ABC cartoon, Conjunction Junction. We laugh and sing, watching the white engineer operate the train and trying to educate the kids with the white man's English. But, the dirty racist fact is, slave labor was used to build those tracks that the white man owns. Many slaves died building those tracks. And to make matters worse, the programming was aimed towards the white children. Black kids were left behind. Why do you think black adults today don't know their conjunctions? Racism. It's woven into your DNA. No Ifs Ands Or Buts about it.

I think it was mostly Chinese labor on the railroads. Except thebcree from blazing saddles.

Camp town lady sing this song.....

Take it easy on Cope. It is good to have someone to debate with who is obviously more sane then 21 or trog. Cope has earned the right to express his opinions on this site with the great contributions he makes in football.

That and I'm not going to debase myself into name calling, when I do like you ******** and enjoy the conversations on this site... Cheers!

True Story:
On Facebook, someone started a thread that said Trump is a racist, POS. I asked her to back up her opinion with facts.
Immediately, one of her friends called me racist. I stated who I was and that this person calling me racist had never met me and knows nothing about me. So, how can this person call me racist? Well, I was called racist again for even asking that. Then racist for asking for facts. Thus, facts and questioning opinions are now racist.

and if i ever meet that ****** who called me racist, he'll be picking his teeth out of his ****.

I agree, I see those on FB all the time, and have plenty of GOP friends. To blanket use the term racist is disingenuous at best.

There's some great examples of white fragility here. Anyone have some more? ;)