• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who do you take at 1:15 if...

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
These players are already off the board and NO TRADE scenario occurs. Who do you take?

Gone - Dennard, Gilbert, Watkins, Evans, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, Barr, Clowney, Ebron

Mosely, but would be tempted by Kyle Fuller or O. Beckham.

Mosley or Lewan would be the two highest non QB's on my board. I think Mosley is slipping because flashier players and QB's are being driven up the board. Lewan because it seems he hasn't been able to pass Matthews or Robinson this offseason. I have a feeling he will be gone before 15 though.

Would take Mosely if he was there, but a toss up between Fuller or Roby, and possibly Hageman.

I would trade down and then take Fuller or Roby. We won't take Mosely or Barr.

Lewan or Beckham I suppose.

I would prob take Fuller or Roby, although Lewan is tempting...

One completely out of the box possibility --- Aaron Donald. He may represent BPA at #15. I know he doesn't fit LeBeau's system, but the system seems to be evolving and needs to.

I know there's no trades in this scenario, but in real life, I would look to Philly as a potential trade partner. They have a dire need for a playmaker at WR, and although some will be available at #22, Chip Kelly strikes me as the impulsive type. Add to that - the last time he saw Marquise Lee up close and personal in pads, he has coaching against arguably the most dominant WR in college football. And he likes PAC-10 guys in general. Iggles could get antsy about Baltimore taking him, and want to trade up.

The more film I watch of Kyle Fuller, the more I lean towards him being the best all-around corner in this draft.

Also, Jason Verrett is underrated. If he were a little taller, he would be the top corner in the draft. He has the smoothest hips and feet in this draft. In fact, I believe he is a better pro prospect at this point than Joe Haden, who I think is his best comparison.

I tend to agree with this ^^^

While most have Dennard highest on their boards, to me, he is this years version of Ty Law. While Law played at a high level for almost 15 years, his stock-in-trade was always grabbing, pushing, shoving and handling WRs. He wouldn't get away with all that in today's NFL and neither will Dennard, IMO.

I still like Gilbert (not as much on tape as Fuller or Verrett) but for his speed. He doesn't turn as smoothly but he eats up cushions quickly. Verrett doesn't allow cushions and Fuller is more well rounded (in the mold of what we like) with the ability to play "soft" but close and support the run. I wouldn't be unhappy to get any of the afformentioned BUT I have my favorites and I like Gilbert and then Fuller followed by Verrett and some of the smaller program guys we can grab later.

Right now, i think we go into the season with Ike (no longer following the #1) and Gay with Allen in the slot with the ability to add Thomas to cover a 4th WR. Not ideal but doable until we can get acclimated with a rookie.

If its BPA and not for need...it has to be Aaron Donald. I know he doesnt fit our system but he would be, IMO, BPA. I would look at Shazir or WR if drafting for need. I just dont see a WR besides Evans or Watkins worth the 1.15. The no trade rule ***** this all up :D

For people saying Donald I think you have to factor in that he may not be as high on our board because he doesn't fit the scheme.

I ******* missed this board.

For people saying Donald I think you have to factor in that he may not be as high on our board because he doesn't fit the scheme.

I ******* missed this board.

I take Lewan and laugh all the way to the podium. That gives us a great LT prospect and gives us flexibility with our Oline. Then I target CB or WR in the next rounds.

With this draft being so deep we could go a number of ways and it be justifiable.

Thinking about it deeper though it would be tough to pass on Lewan. Franchise LT. At every other position it can be argued that we can get value later. LT is not one

Last edited: