• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who do you take at 1:15 if...

With this draft being so deep we could go a number of ways and it be justifiable.

Thinking about it deeper though it would be tough to pass on Lewan. Franchise LT. At every other position it can be argued that we can get value later. LT is not one

It's not deep at LT prospects. I have 6 potential nfl LT with Lewan being the 3rd best on the list. This is a deep draft at WR, CB, DL.

It's not deep at LT prospects. I have 6 potential nfl LT with Lewan being the 3rd best on the list. This is a deep draft at WR, CB, DL.

Exactly that's why I wouldnt be upset at all with Lewan.

I am also high on Fuller and if we can trade down I have no prob drafting him in rd 1.

Probably Ra'Shede Hageman. No defensive player beyond Clowney and Mack has a higher ceiling. I've watched a ton of film on the guy, and the criticisms I keep reading are laughable.

I like Hageman. I don't like Lewan. I don't think he can play LT in the NFL. Watching his film was kind of weird at times because they would shade him with a TE, chip with a RB or even stick another OL on the end. That's a lot of help for a stud LT in college.

Mosley would be the BPA and would also fill a need...

Shouldnt even be a discussion.

Mosley would be the BPA and would also fill a need...

Shouldnt even be a discussion.

Our need is for a Mack to absorb punishment and free up Timmons to make plays. If you draft that at #15, you might as well draft a LG or a NT there. And if you draft a playmaker like Mosley there, you're kinda wasting him as a hole-plugger.

Our need is for a Mack to absorb punishment and free up Timmons to make plays. If you draft that at #15, you might as well draft a LG or a NT there. And if you draft a playmaker like Mosley there, you're kinda wasting him as a hole-plugger.

Stop me if im wrong, but wouldn't Mosley be a 3 down player? Which would make it vastly different than taking, say, Nix at 15.

I just think our LB (specifically Inside) is as bad as our CB position

ILB CJ Mosley Bama

Stop me if im wrong, but wouldn't Mosley be a 3 down player? Which would make it vastly different than taking, say, Nix at 15.

Not really. Either he or Timmons would come off the field. They would not take an OLB off because you need a pass rush. They tried to play with 1 DL before (called it the Penny defense) and teams just ran on them. That was with better ILBs. So, I think Mosley or Timmons would still come off the field to get more DBs on. Doubt he would run Timmons out.

And, the more film I watch of Mosley, the more questions I have about his desire to nut up and fill the running lanes. He tries to slip and slide too much. Gets caught too.

The more I look at this, the more I am pulling for that elusive trade down.

I'm thinking Odell Beckham in this scenario.

Yeah that's why I proposed no trade for this thread. Everybody seems to think that a trade down option is assured.

I don't think trading down is assured or easy. However if one of the QBs drop, which could happen, then teams may want to jump up. I'd gladly trade down in this draft because the Steelers don't have a natural 3rd round pick. This is a deep draft so it makes sense.

This is a deep draft so it makes sense.

Which is exactly why it is going to be difficult to move down. Besides, there isn't much top-end talent either that is necessarily worth moving up for. However, all you need is a team to fall in love with a guy.

Yep. The "LG or NT" comment was just to compare ILB to those positions in their relative lack of importance. There are certain positions I say NO on this early out of general principle (unless they're dynamic prospects) - RB, G, NT, Mack ILB, and kickers of any kind.

Evans will not be there, so if Lewan, Denard and or Gilbert are there, I'm taking Lewan. The opportunity to take a LT who could develop into one of the best doesn't happen that often so I take advantage of Munchack's working with Lewan while we have him.

Tuitt or Hageman?? Do we really want another 1st round 3-4 DE,...at 15?? IDK. How often do the JJ Watts of the world come around?

I would take Hageman in a heartbeat. Don't like drafting it AGAIN in the first, but I'm fine if it's a true impact player.

Many mocks I've seen have Hageman lasting until at least our pick in the 2nd.

Yeah, the median seems to be late first round. He's a trade-down target.

so he's a trade down target that could be available in the 2nd anyway?
not against the guy at all, just trying to understand the logic.

Hageman reminds me of Ziggy some. I want no part of him.

so he's a trade down target that could be available in the 2nd anyway?
not against the guy at all, just trying to understand the logic.

The logic is that most mocks I've seen have him going late first.

Trade down into the late first, take Hageman.