• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who's left here that still believes?

I can think of 3 new starters on Def on that 2008 team off the top of my head. Harrison, Woodley and Timmons. Harrison and Woodley had a huge part in that win.

Harrison was a Cowher player, who likely would have still became a starter had Cowher stayed.

Let's not pretend that Tomlin saw something in Harrison that Cowher did not, as Tomlin originally drafted Timmons to replace Joey Porter at OLB. They would not have drafted Timmons and Woodley one and two in Tomlin's first draft if they any idea what they had in Harrison.

Harrison was kind of similar to Hines Ward in that the Steelers drafted players highly at his position to replace him on the roster, but he outplayed them all to the point he gave the Steelers no choice.

Harrison was a Cowher player, who likely would have still became a starter had Cowher stayed.

Let's not pretend that Tomlin saw something in Harrison that Cowher did not, as Tomlin originally drafted Timmons to replace Joey Porter at OLB. They would not have drafted Timmons and Woodley one and two in Tomlin's first draft if they any idea what they had in Harrison.

Harrison was kind of similar to Hines Ward in that the Steelers drafted players highly at his position to replace him on the roster, but he outplayed them all to the point he gave the Steelers no choice.
Harrison was a Cowher player who was cut multiple times. Porter was the starter. Tomlin got rid of Porter and started Harrison.

Harrison was a Cowher player who was cut multiple times. Porter was the starter. Tomlin got rid of Porter and started Harrison.

Cowher last cut Harrison in 2003 when even Harrison himself admitted he didn't know what the **** he was doing on the practice field.

He had a secure roster spot during Cowher's last few seasons, filling in for Porter and Haggans whenever necessary.

Tomlin had so much confidence in Harrison he spent his first two draft picks on OLBs.

Harrison simply defied expectations and became too good to keep off the field. That would have been the case under either Cowher or Tomlin.

About once a year he shows who he is really is and what he’s really about in his world view and gets away with it even tho it’s supposed to be banned here.

so you’re defending his statement that posters here who don’t like a coach whose won 3 playoff games in 10 years compared to the long term postseason success of his predecessor are ******* and just don’t like him because they can’t handle his “Ebonics”?? And your defense is well he doesn’t do it very often??

Berm is a great guy , he shows us that every day. There ARE some posters, one that I can name off hand, who have mentioned Tomlin's race in a derogatory manner so excuse you if you don't recognize the fact that there ARE some people who want that <enter racial slur here> gone. It's sickening and has NO place on this board or in our society. Zero.

Cowher last cut Harrison in 2003 when even Harrison himself admitted he didn't know what the **** he was doing on the practice field.

He had a secure roster spot during Cowher's last few seasons, filling in for Porter and Haggans whenever necessary.

Tomlin had so much confidence in Harrison he spent his first two draft picks on OLBs.

Harrison simply defied expectations and became too good to keep off the field. That would have been the case under either Cowher or Tomlin.
But it was the case under Tomlin. he did not have the loyalty to Porter that Cowher did.
\Regardless I posted my original post based on someone saying that Tomlin won his Super Bowl with the exact same team as 2005. It just isnt true.

Berm is a great guy , he shows us that every day. There ARE some posters, one that I can name off hand, who have mentioned Tomlin's race in a derogatory manner so excuse you if you don't recognize the fact that there ARE some people who want that <enter racial slur here> gone. It's sickening and has NO place on this board or in our society. Zero.
Disliking a person because of skin color is deplorable. It's beyond the pale of any sort of intellectual standard, that I actively stand against it at all times. Much like I stand against preferring, or giving more privilege to some because of their skin color. Both are unacceptable.

Lame minded people don't get this. Quality people, and idiots, come in all packages. I will prefer the one, and remove myself from the other, thank you. If that bothers anyone, go suck beets.

I rarely put such things here, but for some reason, this got to me.

You’re right that doesn’t have a place here agreed, but would you agree that type of unacceptable bias on display is thankfully very isolated?

Two wrongs don’t make a right: meaning throwing it out there that racial bias in general is a reason people here don’t like him is wrong too, nor is it right to sling insults instead of just simply arguing your point

But it was the case under Tomlin. he did not have the loyalty to Porter that Cowher did.
\Regardless I posted my original post based on someone saying that Tomlin won his Super Bowl with the exact same team as 2005. It just isnt true.

Fair enough.

The Steelers may still have cut Porter under Cowher. Even if they didn't, it's possible Harrison would have replaced Haggans sooner than later on the other side. He became too good to keep off the field.

Obviously, no roster is exactly the same from year to year. Cowher didn't even have the same roster in his last season in 2006 as he had in 2005.

However, most of the core players on the Steelers teams that went to those Superbowls under Tomlin were inherited from Cowher.

There was a noticeable drop off in the general performance of the team once those key Cowher-era veterans began retiring after the Steelers last Superbowl appearance.

Since then, they've managed only one top 2 seed in the AFC and one AFCC game appearance. Those things were common occurrences during Cowher's tenure and early in Tomlin's.

Fair enough.

The Steelers may still have cut Porter under Cowher. Even if they didn't, it's possible Harrison would have replaced Haggans sooner than later on the other side. He became too good to keep off the field.

Obviously, no roster is exactly the same from year to year. Cowher didn't even have the same roster in his last season in 2006 as he had in 2005.

However, most of the core players on the Steelers teams that went to those Superbowls under Tomlin were inherited from Cowher.

There was a noticeable drop off in the general performance of the team once those key Cowher-era veterans began retiring after the Steelers last Superbowl appearance.

Since then, they've managed only one top 2 seed in the AFC and one AFCC game appearance. Those things were common occurrences during Cowher's tenure and early in Tomlin's.
yep.

Fair enough.

Which is why he needs to go. He hasn't had a sb team to inherit since 2011. The 3-8 postseason record since 2011 is the REAL Tomlin.

You’re right that doesn’t have a place here agreed, but would you agree that type of unacceptable bias on display is thankfully very isolated?

Two wrongs don’t make a right: meaning throwing it out there that racial bias in general is a reason people here don’t like him is wrong too, nor is it right to sling insults instead of just simply arguing your point
If something bothers someone enough that they voice it to make it a point, a statement even, should bother us all. Not the fact that he made the point, but rather the fact that he felt compelled to make it in the first place.

If something bothers someone enough that they voice it to make it a point, a statement even, should bother us all. Not the fact that he made the point, but rather the fact that he felt compelled to make it in the first place.
So explain cooch/Lloyd, lol

Disliking a person because of skin color is deplorable. It's beyond the pale of any sort of intellectual standard, that I actively stand against it at all times. Much like I stand against preferring, or giving more privilege to some because of their skin color. Both are unacceptable.

Lame minded people don't get this. Quality people, and idiots, come in all packages. I will prefer the one, and remove myself from the other, thank you. If that bothers anyone, go suck beets.

I rarely put such things here, but for some reason, this got to me.
Racism has always been here(general speaking not just SN).

There is never a place for it but reality is we all are probably gonna experience it at some point.

I personally just tune it out and move on. I’m not going to sway another adults beliefs in how they feel towards me or others.

I personally just tune it out and move on. I’m not going to sway another adults beliefs in how they feel towards me or others.
I don't believe that part. Logic and example of living is very powerful.

Racism has always been here(general speaking not just SN).

There is never a place for it but reality is we all are probably gonna experience it at some point.

A racist person is a closed-minded person
and it's impossible to sway a close-minded person

Reactions: MTC
I don't believe that part. Logic and example of living is very powerful.
Eh…not so.

Maybe for you and I cause we value community.
But there are some absolute bat **** crazy people out there who feel otherwise

Eh…not so.

Maybe for you and I cause we value community.
But there are some absolute bat **** crazy people out there who feel otherwise
Sure, but as long as there is at least one person who is a learner, I will keep trying.

Reactions: MTC