• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why are liberals so opposed of Republicans?

Personally, I am socially very liberal. If you are gay, lesbian, queer, trans, whatever, I really don't care. Have at it. As far as the 49 genders, it mostly doesn't bother me other than I think it is stupid. I laugh at it. I guess I just try to live my life without bothering anybody. If I could remain anonymous forever, it would be great.

Personally, I am socially very liberal. If you are gay, lesbian, queer, trans, whatever, I really don't care. Have at it. As far as the 49 genders, it mostly doesn't bother me other than I think it is stupid. I laugh at it. I guess I just try to live my life without bothering anybody. If I could remain anonymous forever, it would be great.

this....

and stop being offended by everything. The left wants us to accept everything they like and they want to destroy everything they disagree with because it "offends them. Rebel battle flag offends me...no one can have one...and take that damn Dukes of Hazzard off the TV (Yeah I know the show sucked) Confederate War monuments offend me....take them down immediately.....just ignore their historical significance or the fact that they are American monuments....destroy them.....

refuse to bake a cake for a lesbian couple....National news...boycott the store....refuse to serve police officers.....meh, **** the police.

I was raised to treat people how you wanted to be treated. I don't judge people based on anything other than their work ethic....or maybe their sports team affiliation....

so the left calls the Right Nazi but yet some support killing a baby just because they are not perfect...and restricting others they deem imperfect from having babies...how open minded of you.

If you have read my posts, I’m not on the left, nor the right. I don’t think the gubment teet should pay for people’s choices. You choose to have the baby, you take care of them. Point blank, period.

I think people should have the right to abort a fetus if they so choose. I think people should have the right to cut off their ****, or their dicks and be called what they want to.

I think all living people should be treated with respect, that includes protesters, police, gays, Christians, Muslims, whoever.

In general, I don’t think government should be legislating the choices of people. I do think they need to regulate businesses, because if I have learned one thing, it’s that businesses will engage in any manner of terrible behavior in the name of maximizing profits. Even if that means poisoning whole towns, throwing caution to the wind, or ripping off the public.

And, I’d still like a some reactions to the anecdote I posted about my friend. Very curious

If you have read my posts, I’m not on the left, nor the right. I don’t think the gubment teet should pay for people’s choices. You choose to have the baby, you take care of them. Point blank, period.

I think people should have the right to abort a fetus if they so choose. I think people should have the right to cut off their ****, or their dicks and be called what they want to.

I think all living people should be treated with respect, that includes protesters, police, gays, Christians, Muslims, whoever.

In general, I don’t think government should be legislating the choices of people. I do think they need to regulate businesses, because if I have learned one thing, it’s that businesses will engage in any manner of terrible behavior in the name of maximizing profits. Even if that means poisoning whole towns, throwing caution to the wind, or ripping off the public.

That's all great but that's not what the left wants. The left demands we pay for it and genuflect over all manor of deviance or face sanction in the courts. we are a hairs breadth away from prosecution for thought crimes as it is.

She (female) was raised in a religious household. She was married to a man, and they prayed at her wedding that God would make her straight (LMFAO). Then she and her husband divorced (shocking) and she married a woman. They lived as a lesbian couple. The she decided she didn’t want her **** (she always wore like 3 sports bras to keep the, down). She had them removed. I don’t know if she is a she, or a he, or a they. I know her by her name, as a solid, tax paying member of society who follows the law. Frankly, idgaf what her pronoun is. She doesn’t want special rights Ron, she just wants to be accepted as a human and not judged by others for being true to herself.

Great but that's not everybody. There are some nuts in the university system who want people to be fined or have other legal penalties for calling someone by the wrong gender pronoun. Maybe I don't know who you are identifying as today? I should be penalized for making my best guess? Sometimes people need to suck it up and stop looking for reasons to be offended.

And, I’d still like a some reactions to the anecdote I posted about my friend. Very curious

If you're not infringing on MY rights, then I really don't care what you do. I've always said that gay people should have the same right to lose half their **** in a divorce as I did. Where I have a problem is when they lobby to use the force of law to make people accept their lifestyle. For example, many states now allow gay marriage.
Marriage is a civil act and often a religious act too. We're not real far away from the Libs demanding, and pursuing legal action, against churches that don't want to marry gay people, separation of church and state be damned now that it infringes on what they want to do. Just saw on FB that a bud of mine who I've known most of my life got married for the fourth time. He really needs to give it up and quit trying to do the straight man hetero thing because it's just not who he is. Feel bad for him, nicest dude but his kids from his first marriage don't want anything to do with him or let him see his grandkids. The gay is strong with this one. He fights it but he ends up depressed as ****.

Last edited:

I don't think that's what it means to be socially liberal Sarge.

I'm sure most everyone on this board feels the same...those sentiments of yours have been repeated over and over here.

Being socially liberal is believing some guy with a dick should be allowed to use a little girls room because he thinks he's a woman.
Being socially liberal is believing the government should pay for Sandra Flucks contraception...cause she likes to **** a lot and cant afford them.

The list goes on and on...

Last edited:
I don't think that's what it means to be socially liberal Sarge.

I'm sure most everyone on this board feels the same...those sentiments of yours have been repeated over and over here.

Being socially liberal is believing some guy with a dick should be allowed to use a little girls room because he thinks he's a woman.
Being socially liberal is believing the government should pay for Sandra Flucks contraception...cause she likes to **** a lot and cant afford them.

The list goes on and on...

Being socially liberal is believing that the military should be a sex change clinic paid for by our tax dollars.

Or maybe it just means that you support gay marriage, equal rights for trans people and being against restrictions on abortion.

I’d say I’m socially liberal, and that’s what I beleive in.

Or maybe it just means that you support gay marriage, equal rights for trans people and being against restrictions on abortion.

Me too, so you agree with me. Scary, isn't it?

This. Though I don't agree with abortion, it is legal. That said, if you want an abortion, YOU pay for it. No tax payer subsidy, YOU pay for it. Not my responsibility to pay for your bad choices.

Well yeah and no...I don't support gay marriage, but I'm not going sit here and tell them that they cant.

Belief in equal rights for everyone is universal ..not soley a socially liberal idea as much as you keep telling yourselves it is.

Social liberals view the fetus as nothing more that a parasite feeding off its host. We believe it is another human being. Nuff said about abortion "rights".

Last edited:
I think it’s a unborn human. I also think if you don’t want to carry it to term, you have the right to abort it. Plain and simple.

This. Though I don't agree with abortion, it is legal. That said, if you want an abortion, YOU pay for it. No tax payer subsidy, YOU pay for it. Not my responsibility to pay for your bad choices.

I agree with that, but I do support funding for planned parenthood. It’s not like they only perform abortions. When my wife and I were young and barely making any money (40k) combined income, she used to get her birth control there, get checkups, etc. I’d rather pay for folks to have ready access to contraception, and abortions if needed, than to pay for the child’s subsequent MH treatment, court costs, prison costs when they aren’t taken care of.

We need licenses and have age limits for all sorts of things, but 2 idiots can continue to populate the earth with humans that are unwanted, treated poorly and suck up social resources.

A lot of people who end up having abortions when they are young, end up having children later on. In the US it ends up being mostly an economic decision.
Can a teen really afford to have a child and drop out of school in the US. Those who want to take the economics out of it, should support universal healthcare and
welfare support for young mothers. I see abortion as delayed parenting rather than murder, since many of the later children would not be born if we forced
people to carry the earlier pregnancies to term. Most people are capable of having many more children than they do, is it murder if you don't have as many children
as possible?

A lot of people who end up having abortions when they are young, end up having children later on. In the US it ends up being mostly an economic decision.
Can a teen really afford to have a child and drop out of school in the US. Those who want to take the economics out of it, should support universal healthcare and
welfare support for young mothers. I see abortion as delayed parenting rather than murder, since many of the later children would not be born if we forced
people to carry the earlier pregnancies to term. Most people are capable of having many more children than they do, is it murder if you don't have as many children
as possible?

So once again, a liberal absolves the individual from any responsibility or accountability. Did someone force that teen to spread her legs? Did someone force that teen to have unprotected sex? So she made a choice and got pregnant, that is HER responsibility. If you are not willing or able to care for a human life do not have unprotected sex or if you don't believe in protection because of religion, don't have sex until you are prepared to accept YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a parent. Same goes for the boy that gets her pregnant. Has nothing to do with Universal Healthcare or Welfare, if you make a choice to get pregnant than you have the means to provide and care for the infant. You should not receive free healthcare or welfare because you were irresponsible. Nor should taxpayer dollars be spent paying for abortions because the liberals believe we should all live in a society where you don't need to be responsible or held accountable...someone else will just take care of your problems. You wonder why we have school shootings and entitlement issues in this country, you reap what you sow.

as possible?

That's one reason why I'm not strongly anti-abortion. More Liberals will get abortions than Conservatives, thereby resulting in less Liberals. One reason the Libs need more immigrants, because they're killing a lot of their future voters.

So once again, a liberal absolves the individual from any responsibility or accountability. Did someone force that teen to spread her legs? Did someone force that teen to have unprotected sex? So she made a choice and got pregnant, that is HER responsibility. If you are not willing or able to care for a human life do not have unprotected sex or if you don't believe in protection because of religion, don't have sex until you are prepared to accept YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a parent. Same goes for the boy that gets her pregnant. Has nothing to do with Universal Healthcare or Welfare, if you make a choice to get pregnant than you have the means to provide and care for the infant. You should not receive free healthcare or welfare because you were irresponsible. Nor should taxpayer dollars be spent paying for abortions because the liberals believe we should all live in a society where you don't need to be responsible or held accountable...someone else will just take care of your problems. You wonder why we have school shootings and entitlement issues in this country, you reap what you sow.

2 things. 1. Kids make bad decisions, it’s part of growing up. It’s called development. Abstinence does not work. At least I used a condom when I was young and never got a girl pregnant.
2. We all know that there are other scenarios where women get pregnant (failed contraception, rape, incest). People talk about having an abortion like it’s an easy choice. I bet you most women who opt for one don’t do so lightly. It’s a hard choice, but it’s their choice.

You can’t force someone to carry out a pregnancy they don’t want. In the same way that restricting gun laws won’t eliminate murder or gun deaths, Making abortion illegal won’t eliminate abortion, will only drive abortions into back rooms and make it more dangerous for women.

Finally, take a look at the freakonomics study that showed a correlation between a decrease in crime rates 18 years after abortions were made more widespread in certain states. I have seen firsthand (as someone who for over 15 years, did community behavioral health with Medicaid recipients, working with children and families) what happens when people birth, keep and “raise” kids they aren’t invested in. Behavioral problems, school problems, drug use, family discord all leading to a disproportionate consumption of public resources.

In the end, I support people’s rights to have religious and moral beliefs. But don’t force them on me.

I have seen firsthand (as someone who for over 15 years, did community behavioral health with Medicaid recipients, working with children and families) what happens when people birth, keep and “raise” kids they aren’t invested in. Behavioral problems, school problems, drug use, family discord all leading to a disproportionate consumption of public resources.

The rest of us see it as well. We see it on the news every morning.

Do you think that de-stigmatizing and supporting abortions would help to improve that?

as possible?

there are tons of people wanting to adopt children....willing to put up living and medical expenses for women who can not handle a child....

your last comment is just ******* idiotic

I'm pro choice. Have been my entire life because if my goal is to re-create the family unit, I don't know how forcing people to have babies out of wedlock is going to help that.

Second, I don't think it's enforceable because abortions, even when ***wink, wink*** are illegal, they really are NOT illegal for those of middle-upper class or above and have means (either financial or just connections in the community). Abortions were illegal in the 50's and 60's before Roe v. Wade and anyone that thinks abortions didn't happen is fooling themselves.

Third, when you have those with means access to abortions vs. those of poverty not having access, you get some nasty, ugly situations that develop, including an entire illegal, dirty, very unsafe, underground "in your basement" type of abortions happening. And I don't think that is good for anyone.

The same argument that gun control "won't stop the criminals and only stop law abiding gun owners" applies completely to abortion. Those that are morally against abortion won't have them. Those that really want to get one will still get them.

I also agree that it genetically weeds out some undesirables. If you really don't want a baby, don't have one. If you aren't willing to be a parent, don't have a baby. Yes, I agree and love adoption as a morally superior choice, but it is also the harder choice. Putting road blocks and harder paths for those that are already irresponsible enough to have an unwanted pregnancy in the first place doesn't sound all that realistic.

Again, just like the gun debate, making abortions illegal is not the best way to "solve the problem" (just like trying to take guns away isn't going to "solve the problem"). The best way to reduce abortions (and this has been happening by the way) is to continue to empower women with good mental sexual health and respect, continue to enforce that men are responsible for their actions as well, have great and guilt-free access to contraception and continue to pound away at encouraging teens to do the morally correct thing and understand there are consequences to their actions.

Lastly, even though I am pro choice, I do think we should restrict abortions to some degree. I don't agree with abortions after 20 weeks. If something comes up on the 16-18 week ultrasound (that almost all health care plans have included as a benefit), then you can get a 2nd trimester abortion only with the approval/sign off of both an OB/GYN and a Pediatrician and based on a scientific reason that something is wrong with the fetus or pregnancy. And even then I would make a cut-off at 24 weeks or something like that.

Just my opinion. It's obviously a very emotional issue for many people. Especially if you believe that there is no moral difference between a 16 week old fetus and a new born baby. I guess I am not quite convinced that life/consciousness begins at conception. I do think there is a pretty long time frame of development that it is just a bunch of cells/tissue/organs. But I respect people that disagree with that and I understand the moral dilemma it creates.

I'm pro choice. Have been my entire life because if my goal is to re-create the family unit, I don't know how forcing people to have babies out of wedlock is going to help that.

Second, I don't think it's enforceable because abortions, even when ***wink, wink*** are illegal, they really are NOT illegal for those of middle-upper class or above and have means (either financial or just connections in the community). Abortions were illegal in the 50's and 60's before Roe v. Wade and anyone that thinks abortions didn't happen is fooling themselves.

Third, when you have those with means access to abortions vs. those of poverty not having access, you get some nasty, ugly situations that develop, including an entire illegal, dirty, very unsafe, underground "in your basement" type of abortions happening. And I don't think that is good for anyone.

The same argument that gun control "won't stop the criminals and only stop law abiding gun owners" applies completely to abortion. Those that are morally against abortion won't have them. Those that really want to get one will still get them.

I also agree that it genetically weeds out some undesirables. If you really don't want a baby, don't have one. If you aren't willing to be a parent, don't have a baby. Yes, I agree and love adoption as a morally superior choice, but it is also the harder choice. Putting road blocks and harder paths for those that are already irresponsible enough to have an unwanted pregnancy in the first place doesn't sound all that realistic.

Again, just like the gun debate, making abortions illegal is not the best way to "solve the problem" (just like trying to take guns away isn't going to "solve the problem"). The best way to reduce abortions (and this has been happening by the way) is to continue to empower women with good mental sexual health and respect, continue to enforce that men are responsible for their actions as well, have great and guilt-free access to contraception and continue to pound away at encouraging teens to do the morally correct thing and understand there are consequences to their actions.

Lastly, even though I am pro choice, I do think we should restrict abortions to some degree. I don't agree with abortions after 20 weeks. If something comes up on the 16-18 week ultrasound (that almost all health care plans have included as a benefit), then you can get a 2nd trimester abortion only with the approval/sign off of both an OB/GYN and a Pediatrician and based on a scientific reason that something is wrong with the fetus or pregnancy. And even then I would make a cut-off at 24 weeks or something like that.

Just my opinion. It's obviously a very emotional issue for many people. Especially if you believe that there is no moral difference between a 16 week old fetus and a new born baby. I guess I am not quite convinced that life/consciousness begins at conception. I do think there is a pretty long time frame of development that it is just a bunch of cells/tissue/organs. But I respect people that disagree with that and I understand the moral dilemma it creates.

We basically said the same thing. Somehow I’m perceived as some ‘libtard’ and I don’t get the sense you are. Sad when we eliminate the nuances in our political/philosophical discourses.