• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why did they have to shoot him five times?

Because none of them are FAST FOOD fried chicken places.
Those are proper restaurants.

For Fast Food fried chicken - Church's is #1, followed closely by BoJangles, and then Popeyes.

no Chik-Fil-A?

you people up north missed out on the best chain fast food fried chicken ever. Mrs Winners
Used to be more widespread than it is now, but is only in Georgia and outside Chattanooga.

Jack Pirtle's in Memphis is also damn good for a chain restaurant.

For Fast Food fried chicken - Church's is #1, followed closely by BoJangles, and then Popeyes.

Church's is very hit or miss for me. The one close to us used to be really good. Then went to crap. I don't know if it different staff, management or owners, but I don't even go there anymore. They finally opened up a popeye's somewhat close to me. The drive thru is almost as packed as Chik-fil-a drive throughs.

Jersey Mike's blows them out of the water. Get the #13, Mike's way. But for the best Italian sub go to Gonella's in Detroit. You do run the risk of getting shot 5 times though.

cache_573329104.png

Tough to find a good hot Italian hoagie here in Atlanta. When go back to the 'Burgh it's Carbonera's and Mineo's.

church's sucks ***, never heard of BoJangles but do like Popeyes.

Guns just frighten me. We need to get them off the street. Buncha haters.

Guess he wasn't using hollow points.

All commercial chicken is a bit salty. But of those, I prefer Publix.

There is no accounting for taste.

Publix rocks! The rotisserie chicken is amazing as well. I used to eat a whole chicken from them 5 days a week.

I would have shot the guy until he wasn't moving. You point a gun at me I'm definitely shooting you. You point a gun at my kids I'm shooting you and I may stomp on your head a few times for good measure.

Regarding the gun thing, my wife says Kroger fried chicken is better than Publix.

Publix rocks!

I used to travel a lot. You get sick of restaurants. Often when in the SE, I'd to go to Publix for some 'home food'. Their chicken was consistently good across the footprint. Interestingly, one of the better burgers I've had was at the Publix in Lake Mary FL. Huge, perfectly grilled and juicy good! 'And good for you too.'. Their rotisserie chicken is very good. Use it sometimes for chicken and dumplings.

I used to travel a lot. You get sick of restaurants. Often when in the SE, I'd to go to Publix for some 'home food'. Their chicken was consistently good across the footprint. Interestingly, one of the better burgers I've had was at the Publix in Lake Mary FL. Huge, perfectly grilled and juicy good! 'And good for you too.'. Their rotisserie chicken is very good. Use it sometimes for chicken and dumplings.

I have them all around me in Northeast Florida. It's about the only place I'd get chicken from.

They also make a hell of a cheesesteak sub made with boars head beef. Sublime.

I have them all around me in Northeast Florida. It's about the only place I'd get chicken from.

They also make a hell of a cheesesteak sub made with boars head beef. Sublime.

Publix, never heard of 'em. I'm sure there isn't one to be found near Commiefornia.

Publix is overpriced. The one thing I buy from there is Old Bay crab boil. They are the only ones that sell it. Aside from that, you can keep it. Give me Harris Teeter any day.

Publix is overpriced. The one thing I buy from there is Old Bay crab boil. They are the only ones that sell it. Aside from that, you can keep it. Give me Harris Teeter any day.

I am a 37 year Publix veteran. We were appalled at HT when we moved to NC in 03. Our introduction was when we brought HT subs to the movers. Their response - 'THANK YOU! We never shop at HT because its really expensive'. 16 years later the only thing I buy at HT is stuff thats on sale BOGO. Their pricing is actually comical - easily half again what Publix is in NC. I was among many FL to NC transplants that hammered Publix to invade NC and they finally did. Nothing against HT except their silly prices. And their fried chicken sucks. It would. Kroger owns them. It has a cinnamony aftertaste........................ kidding

Publix, never heard of 'em. I'm sure there isn't one to be found near Commiefornia.

Nope. No Publix in Mexifornia and no In n Out in the Southeast. It just ain't right.

Someone had previously said something about guns. We really need to get them off the streets. Discuss.

Last edited:
I say keep the guns, keep HT because it has a huge humidor, barf on Popeye's, use the guns and smoke cigars while eating rotisserie chicken .

And fire Tomlin.

Nope. No Publix in Mexifornia and no In n Out in the Southeast. It just ain't right.

That's one thing we can lay claim to, In-n-Out burger. It is a pretty damn good burger.

I have some small, mom & pop place that give me the best fried chicken, hush puppies, fried okra, greens etc. nearby where I live in Chula Vista, south San Diego.

Haven't had Popeyes in years, now if KFC would sell just a bucket of the fried chicken skin....that would be heaven.
I could live without the meat.

Church's is very hit or miss for me. The one close to us used to be really good. Then went to crap. I don't know if it different staff, management or owners, but I don't even go there anymore. They finally opened up a popeye's somewhat close to me. The drive thru is almost as packed as Chik-fil-a drive throughs.

There's a Popeye's a couple miles away...I **** you not...drive-thru is packed from open til close everyday, all day.