• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why did they have to shoot him five times?

Publix, never heard of 'em. I'm sure there isn't one to be found near Commiefornia.

I buy their Hot n Spicy wings and re-grill them for 5 minutes with added Thai chili sauce...holy freaking delicious.

I am a 37 year Publix veteran. We were appalled at HT when we moved to NC in 03. Our introduction was when we brought HT subs to the movers. Their response - 'THANK YOU! We never shop at HT because its really expensive'. 16 years later the only thing I buy at HT is stuff thats on sale BOGO. Their pricing is actually comical - easily half again what Publix is in NC. I was among many FL to NC transplants that hammered Publix to invade NC and they finally did. Nothing against HT except their silly prices. And their fried chicken sucks. It would. Kroger owns them. It has a cinnamony aftertaste........................ kidding

To me, the prices at publix is every bit as bad as HT. In Wake Forest, they are pretty much side by side. Truth is, I don't normally shop at either place other than to buy certain specialty items. Harris Teeter just happens to have more of those specialty items that I like. If we are going for groceries, we go to Food Lion. Better prices all around.

And I never buy fried chicken at a grocery store. Hell, I rarely eat fried chicken.

Whichever one of those fast food chicken places has that bowl of mashed potatoes, chicken, gravy, and cheese is the one that I like.

Whichever one of those fast food chicken places has that bowl of mashed potatoes, chicken, gravy, and cheese is the one that I like.

That sounds like "Heart Attack Cafe", and I'm in.

Yeah I like me some red beans & rice.

And jitter, I grew up in North Versailles. You from around that area?

i live in greensburg, but we take the kids to the trampoline park in NV sometimes

Hey, you can be any age and make great gravy in my book. Just curious Steelin, you use the pan drippings or from a stock? (that question may be offensive if you consider yourself a gravy aficionado)

And we should just change this thread title to "Good Eatin".

Hey, you can be any age and make great gravy in my book. Just curious Steelin, you use the pan drippings or from a stock? (that question may be offensive if you consider yourself a gravy aficionado)

Both if I'm on my game

Mmmmm, gravy. I make a mean B&G. I’ve only made Thanksgiving gravy once but I nailed it. Cognac put it over the top. Now that I found out I’m Italian on my Dad’s side, my Sunday gravy is made from my garden: San Marzano tomatoes, hardneck garlic, oregano, and basil. I make big batches and freeze it for the winter.

Mmmmm, gravy. I make a mean B&G. I’ve only made Thanksgiving gravy once but I nailed it. Cognac put it over the top. Now that I found out I’m Italian on my Dad’s side, my Sunday gravy is made from my garden: San Marzano tomatoes, hardneck garlic, oregano, and basil. I make big batches and freeze it for the winter.

Unless your garden is in Italy, they aint San Marzano tomatoes. There is something about the volcanic soil in that area that makes the difference. If I am going to take the time and effort to make a marinara, I will pay the $4 a can to get the real deal. To me, it makes a difference.

To me, the prices at publix is every bit as bad as HT. In Wake Forest, they are pretty much side by side. Truth is, I don't normally shop at either place other than to buy certain specialty items. Harris Teeter just happens to have more of those specialty items that I like. If we are going for groceries, we go to Food Lion. Better prices all around.

And I never buy fried chicken at a grocery store. Hell, I rarely eat fried chicken.

Publix is a bit pricier but the stores are always clean and the help is friendly. Food Lion's around here are filthy. I know a few people that will only shop Publix.

Oh, and I agree.Sarge..store bought fried chicken is a crap shoot, pun intended.

th

Unless your garden is in Italy, they aint San Marzano tomatoes. There is something about the volcanic soil in that area that makes the difference. If I am going to take the time and effort to make a marinara, I will pay the $4 a can to get the real deal. To me, it makes a difference.

You're right, but I use San Marzano seeds and add this
iu
if I'm a little short on ripe tomatoes.

People in Scranton PA think Sorvino really should be in jail. He was supposed to shoot a movie there. He was given like a Million dollars or so from the city or county to be paid back from the sales of the movie. They shot like 1 scene then left town with the money never to return.

I think you are mistaken.

I'm not Italian, but my understanding of Sunday sauce is that it was basically the leftovers of all the different sauces from the week, so it could have sausage, meatball, chicken, veal, whatever.