• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Men Get Paid More Than Women for World Cup

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
You may not even be aware but the Women's World Cup is going on right now. Team USA is full of a bunch of SJW activists who protest the anthem, refuse to go to the White House, and demand equal pay to the men's soccer team. That last one seems reasonable unless you do even the slightest bit of research.

So here's the slightest bit of research in case you get stuck somewhere that has it on a TV and a SJW makes a comment about equality.

This vide is pretty funny but also lays out the facts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/em7NB5T6boo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a ratings thing, like everything else in sports. I heard team USA defeated team Thailand 13-0, which is crazy for soccer. It didn't help that Thailand had a very short goalkeeper. The USA vs. Sweden match was rather easy on the eyes if you know what I mean. I'll pay more attention once the teams advance out of the group stages. The quality of play and effort by women is good, but soccer is soccer...mostly boring to me.

Anyone who watches women’s sports, aside from gymnastics, is doing so specifically because it’s women. There is no compelling level of competition whatsoever. I love watching my daughter play sports, but only because it’s specifically my daughter. These women players are simply in denial that men are actually better, and much better, at some things (as well as the economics).

Anyone who watches women’s sports, aside from gymnastics, is doing so specifically because it’s women. There is no compelling level of competition whatsoever. I love watching my daughter play sports, but only because it’s specifically my daughter. These women players are simply in denial that men are actually better, and much better, at some things (as well as the economics).

I don't know about the political side of it, but the USA women's team has had much more success at soccer than their male counterparts. I just hate politics being involved in my entertainment...and in every facet of daily ******* life.

I don't know about the political side of it, but the USA women's team has had much more success at soccer than their male counterparts. I just hate politics being involved in my entertainment...and in every facet of daily ******* life.

Money brought in tops success in actual gsmes.

Soccer sucks.... I'd rather watch an old woman weaving a basket than watch a second of soccer.

My buddy, who likes to ***** about his wife (and for good reason) sent a group text about how he threw all the pillows off the bed so he could watch soccer and his wife freaked out on him for doing so. I replied “That’s so ****** up! You actually watch soccer?”

unfortunately, ever since the last world cup, many of current and former women have become activists. I think they are actually suing USA soccer saying there is unequal pay but it's a sill argument when you see how much more revenue the men generate. It's like a WNBA player demanding the same pay as NBA players.

There is far less competition in the women's game. Far fewer countries even have teams. That's how a team like Thailand makes the work cup.

USA men didn't even qualify for the world cup last time around.

A couple years ago, the Women's national team lost 5-2 against FC Dallas Under-15s academy. They got beat by a bunch of boys under 15 years old.

Soccer is such a frustrating game. By design, it's near impossible to score unless there is a large disparity in talent or somebody makes a mistake.

Soccer is probably the only game where the game gets worse when the teams involved get better.

When world cup comes along, i do watch a bit of soccer in the same way i'll watch a bit of gymnastics in the Olympics, as an event. The soccer stadiums are crazy, the atmosphere, but the game just doesn't match up. You can go a whole game without either team ever getting a single decent shot on goal.

I can say that I've never purposely watched soccer in my life...either in person or on TV. The bits and pieces I have seen are like watching paint dry. I've never understood the appeal of people running 10,000 yards back and forth for 3 hours and not accomplishing a single thing besides getting tired. I find watching golf on TV exhilarating by comparison.

Last edited:
Me on a train in Italy with pro soccer player Thierry Audel. He is now blessed with mojo from the Terrible Towel.

10455859_10202285580126462_6859881771809311751_n.jpg

My parents divorced when I was five. With re-marriages and the like, I ended up having four sets of grandparents.

When my mom remarried my stepfather, I inherited his parents and family. Great, salt of the earth, hard-working, do-anything-for-anybody people. Just tremendous people.

My step dad's family was mom & dad and himself, 2 brothers and a sister. All of the brothers were great athletes. Uncle Dick was a QB at the University of MD. Played in the Orange Bowl and in front of Queen Elizabeth when MD played UNC back in the 50s. All 3 brothers were 3 sport stars in high school. Football, baseball and basketball.

Their mom, Grandma Hazel, watched football every Sunday and followed her MLB baseball team, every damned game, till the day she died last year.

When my boys were very young, they were playing the obligatory soccer that kids play. Remember visiting with them one weekend and she asked what the boys were up to and we mentioned they were playing soccer. Will never forget her saying "Why would you let them play that sissy sport?"

I laughed out loud.

When my boys were very young, they were playing the obligatory soccer that kids play. Remember visiting with them one weekend and she asked what the boys were up to and we mentioned they were playing soccer. Will never forget her saying "Why would you let them play that sissy sport?"

My opinion of soccer is that it's a good sport to play but not so much fun to watch. As a not-very-athletic 10 year old who was banished to right field to stand in the hot sun and not do very much, in soccer at least you're always running around doing something. On the other hand, Europeans think our football is boring because the game stops every 30 seconds for a minute or more.

My opinion of soccer is that it's a good sport to play but not so much fun to watch. As a not-very-athletic 10 year old who was banished to right field to stand in the hot sun and not do very much, in soccer at least you're always running around doing something. On the other hand, Europeans think our football is boring because the game stops every 30 seconds for a minute or more.

Didn't Europeans come up with Cricket?

Apparently Europeans view any motion as "action". They complain about the stops in football but then on every play something can happen and there's strategy and every player on the field is involved.

Soccer in theory is non stop but it doesn't take much experience watching to realize that there really are only a few moments per game when wit her side has a real chance to score, like with a corner kick or a penalty shot.

It's rules are similar to hockey but in hockey something really can happen any second.

Soccer doesn't really allow substitutions. Sub a guy and he can't go back in. So they generally wait until there's like 10 minutes left and put in a few fresh subs. Those guys then look like superman because everybody else is gassed. It seems silly to not allow subs like hockey does. But I think I know why.

Nobody would score if you had fresh guys on the field the whole game.

Most of the scoring between evenly matched teams seems to come late when fatigue creates opportunities.

I suppose if the NFL really wants to catch on in Europe, they should have the guys jog in place between plays. Apparently then soccer fans would be going crazy for the non stop action.

Seriously? Their worried about the time? In soccer you don't even know when it ends.

My perspective...

I was privileged to live in two countries in my life and I've spent a significant amount of time in each one. Futbol is the most popular sport on the planet---it's played nearly on every continent (not the frozen ones) because it doesn't take $500 to play the game as a child. The game takes finesse and strategy. It is not as fast-paced as hockey, but the similarities are there.

American football is my favorite sport. Plain and simple no explanation needed. Both games have intricate requirements to be successful and while the game of football is still a North American sport - it is slowly becoming more popular across the global.

Should women be paid the same as men on the same World Cup level? That is the question. I'll challenge each one of you, fathers, with a daughter - how would you feel if your daughter came home and said that she had the same credentials as Lil Johnny but Lil Johnny was getting paid $40,000 more than she was annually? Fair or not fair? If an athlete makes it to that level of professionalism - there are no private futbol clubs involved - why can there not be a standard salary for futbol players???

I don't have a horse in the race, but there is some merit to the complaints from the ladies, IMO.

USA! USA!

Women win again

On to the qtr finals against France on Fri

I do wish sports bras were banned, make it more of a spectator sport