• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Trump will win

If a meteor were to hit Earth and wipe out most of the living, I'm sure some of the survivers would cry that government had failed them.

Those agencies are in place for a reason, surprisingly. If they're incapable of effectively doing their job, things should either change, they should be eliminated, taxes reduced etc. etc., and everyone could fend for themselves.

-rGsrsr_cSRY_1L6sBUbVJY4ooww-AI1gjdVzZ_Hedw.jpg

Those agencies are in place for a reason, surprisingly. If they're incapable of effectively doing their job, things should either change, they should be eliminated, taxes reduced etc. etc., and everyone could fend for themselves.

Or they are not up to that level yet. Just because an agency is in place, doesn't mean that they are infallible.

My choice would be to get rid of it. Don't really see the use. That money needs to go to pay off debt, that we never get again. When it's paid off we can discuss such luxeries as nasa.

If a meteor were to hit Earth and wipe out most of the living, I'm sure some of the survivers would cry that government had failed them.

Didn't Neil Tyson talk about a meteor hitting the earth before election day?

Exactly! What is it they say about hindsight, Monday morning quarterbacking?

Easy to say what should have been done then when it's 8 months later now, but if people are honest, fat chance of that, what should Trump have done that he didn't do using the information at the time?

Look at what a number of the leading Democrats said at the beginning of this novel virus and what they're saying now. It's all political BS.

COVID has surged throughout the world. Were the leaders of these other nations incompetent fools too?
Per capita the US is not the worst to be hit with infections and deaths.
There were too many unknowns about this virus in the beginning to blame anyone. Opinions and contradictions were flying in from everywhere. Trump merely parroted was he was told by the "experts" and advisors.

I would say as a planet, we aren't well prepared for things like this, but I feel we should be. We're one of the richest countries on Earth and I would say we are/were not well prepared. I would expect that we could, or should, be able to do better. I read something yesterday stating that some little country in Africa had an effective test for Covid-19 before the USA. Imagine if it were something more contagious, more deadly etc., which will probably happen some day.

I believe I can feel that way and at the same time not place sole blame upon the president. I don't believe they go hand in hand. Having said that, I don't think you can simply give him a free pass and just blame everyone else. What was it that Harry Truman once said? It was something about a buck, and I don't think it was a reference to money. If this were happening on Barack Obama's watch, I have no doubt that this board would be eating him alive and loving it.

I get the impression that a lot of people on this board don't watch 60 Minutes, but they ran a pretty interesting segment a few weeks ago regarding the CDC's bungling of a COVID flight from Europe back to the US. It was pretty startling to me. This is the CDC. They're supposed to be the best in world at this kind of stuff, and it sounded like maybe a local first grade teacher had been put in charge. Here is a link for anyone interested, https://www.cbsnews.com/news/flights-cruise-ships-covid-19-60-minutes-2020-10-18/

I would say as a planet, we aren't well prepared for things like this, but I feel we should be. We're one of the richest countries on Earth and I would say we are/were not well prepared. I would expect that we could, or should, be able to do better. I read something yesterday stating that some little country in Africa had an effective test for Covid-19 before the USA. Imagine if it were something more contagious, more deadly etc., which will probably happen some day.

I believe I can feel that way and at the same time not place sole blame upon the president. I don't believe they go hand in hand. Having said that, I don't think you can simply give him a free pass and just blame everyone else. What was it that Harry Truman once said? It was something about a buck, and I don't think it was a reference to money. If this were happening on Barack Obama's watch, I have no doubt that this board would be eating him alive and loving it.

I get the impression that a lot of people on this board don't watch 60 Minutes, but they ran a pretty interesting segment a few weeks ago regarding the CDC's bungling of a COVID flight from Europe back to the US. It was pretty startling to me. This is the CDC. They're supposed to be the best in world at this kind of stuff, and it sounded like maybe a local first grade teacher had been put in charge. Here is a link for anyone interested, https://www.cbsnews.com/news/flights-cruise-ships-covid-19-60-minutes-2020-10-18/

One of the problems with the USA...Personally I would say one of the good things, but others would say problems, is that our system of government, because of the way we are set up, is naturally reactionary, instead of proactive. For freedom to truly exist, to the extent it does, it has to be.

I know you are talking about much broader things, but back in February, when we had 4 cases or whatever, could you have imagined the outcry if things would have been shut down? People would not have stood for it. Perhaps a proactive approach would have been to shut down for a few weeks then, to get things in place, get a bit of an understanding or handle on things. But because we are who we are, no way.

That's what freedom is, though, and there are inherent risks to that. I am fine with that. Do we really want to sacrifice freedoms for temporary safety? Because once the freedoms go, they aren't coming back.

I got to the poll at 5:25 this morning and was 20th in line. By 6am the line was probably 150+.

One thing I enjoy is trying to fire judges. "Shall Judge Soandfuckingso remain in office?" I always vote No.

You're in Carmel, I'm in Carmel. For the first time, I actually researched the judges. Any judge appointed by a Republican, I voted to retain. Otherwise, I voted not to. As for voting, I arrived at 5:45 and was 27th in line. Upped to about 75 by 6am. Glad I went early.

COVID has surged throughout the world. Were the leaders of these other nations incompetent fools too?
Last I looked, the worst per capita was Spain with Italy in second place.

There were too many unknowns about this virus in the beginning to blame anyone. Opinions and contradictions were flying in from everywhere. Trump merely parroted was he was told by the "experts" and advisors.
Couple times I've challenged Libtards to give me an example where Trump didn't follow Dr. Fauci's advice. They've got nothing.

FWIW, thought this was great:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Horses don’t like lockdowns. <a href="https://t.co/LSJDAbQltQ">https://t.co/LSJDAbQltQ</a></p>— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) <a href="https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1323634846330245122?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lets hope this election isn't dragged out for days or weeks after tonight. Covid definitely changed the course of this election year. Biden is a significantly worse candidate than Clinton was 4 years ago. The only hope for Dems is those who don't like Trump will hand a frail old man the election. I don't see that happening but we shall find out soon enough.

One of the problems with the USA...Personally I would say one of the good things, but others would say problems, is that our system of government, because of the way we are set up, is naturally reactionary, instead of proactive. For freedom to truly exist, to the extent it does, it has to be.

I know you are talking about much broader things, but back in February, when we had 4 cases or whatever, could you have imagined the outcry if things would have been shut down? People would not have stood for it. Perhaps a proactive approach would have been to shut down for a few weeks then, to get things in place, get a bit of an understanding or handle on things. But because we are who we are, no way.

That's what freedom is, though, and there are inherent risks to that. I am fine with that. Do we really want to sacrifice freedoms for temporary safety? Because once the freedoms go, they aren't coming back.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

FWIW, thought this was great:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Horses don’t like lockdowns. <a href="https://t.co/LSJDAbQltQ">https://t.co/LSJDAbQltQ</a></p>— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) <a href="https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1323634846330245122?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a catchy tune.

That's a catchy tune.

Bryson Gray...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WSxw0iQ5PpQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[Intro]
Ay, Ay, MAGA Gang

[Chorus]
Donald Trump is your President, if you like it or not (Facts, I don't care)
Keep that energy you had with Barrack (On Gang)
'Cause you know this Trump Train don't stop (Choo, Choo)
Tell Beto to please come try to take my Glock (try)
You want to impeach him (Huh?)
I guess that's what you do when you can't beat him (You mad or nah?)
That need to did that
And I'm coming through your hood in my red hat (I am)

[Verse 1]
And they said they looking for me I said "Where at?" (Where?)
'Cause it seem like they all hide like some scared cats (Meow)
You can tell the deep state that I said that
Candace Owens on my shirt, they 'gon be triggered when I wear that(Triggered!)
I exposed all the fakes now who's next? (Now who next?)
Bryson do not tolerate no disrespect
We went to the White House they said we got a check
But this truth might make you upset

[Chorus]
Donald Trump is your President, if you like it or not (Facts, I don't care)
Keep that energy you had with Barrack (On Gang!)
You want to impeach him
I guess that's what you do when you can't beat him
That need to did that
And I'm coming through your hood in my red hat

You're in Carmel, I'm in Carmel. For the first time, I actually researched the judges. Any judge appointed by a Republican, I voted to retain. Otherwise, I voted not to. As for voting, I arrived at 5:45 and was 27th in line. Upped to about 75 by 6am. Glad I went early.
I used to just vote yes until this year, I got a phone message from libtards to vote yes for one female judge and no for the rest
I did the opposite

Bryson Gray...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WSxw0iQ5PpQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[Intro]
Ay, Ay, MAGA Gang

[Chorus]
Donald Trump is your President, if you like it or not (Facts, I don't care)
Keep that energy you had with Barrack (On Gang)
You want to impeach him (Huh?)
I guess that's what you do when you can't beat him (You mad or nah?)
That need to did that
And I'm coming through your hood in my red hat (I am)

[Verse 1]
And they said they looking for me I said "Where at?" (Where?)
'Cause it seem like they all hide like some scared cats (Meow)
You can tell the deep state that I said that
Candace Owens on my shirt, they 'gon be triggered when I wear that(Triggered!)
I exposed all the fakes now who's next? (Now who next?)
Bryson do not tolerate no disrespect
We went to the White House they said we got a check
But this truth might make you upset

[Chorus]
Donald Trump is your President, if you like it or not (Facts, I don't care)
Keep that energy you had with Barrack (On Gang!)
You want to impeach him
I guess that's what you do when you can't beat him
That need to did that
And I'm coming through your hood in my red hat

Hope Trump wins tonight and they blast this at his victory party.

I think I only voted for one judge and that was because his dad came to my house.

I voted against my incumbent democrat state rep because her campaign bothered me to the point of annoyance.

We all have our reasons.

Blocked by Twitter. This sentiment could not be verified as "true" by our fact checkers and resultantly does not fit the pre-approved narrative.

You are hereby banned from twitter until you are no longer white.

Perhaps the saddest and most disturbing aspect of the 'Rona is how the democrats have absolutely used the virus as a political tool. They have no interest in curing, treating or alleviating the symptoms. Not one democrat has suggested doing anything differently than we're doing aside from saying Trump screwed it all up. However, Joe's own plan is simply a continuation of what we are already doing. He hasn't suggested ANY new initiatives, treatments or programs to solve the problem.

What he ISN'T saying is that the only way he could differentiate from the current administration is by enforcing new lockdowns and creating legal penalties for not wearing (essentially useless) masks. Biden wants to close down schools indefinitely, he wants to cause the rest of the country to sit in their basement as well.

Yet, what did the democrats do when THEY knew of the 'Rona. Are we truly to believe they didn't have advance intelligence on the problem? I have a good friend who's a pulmonologist here in MT and HE was briefed on the 'Rona in late December, early January. As head of the emergency room in his community he began taking steps to ensure they would be able to deal with the presumed increase in patients. Turns out he managed the situation well and they were never overwhelmed.

If a local doctor in bumfuck MT got the word about the 'Rona in early Jan, you can bet your *** that Nancy et. al. knew much much more than he did. Instead of going all out to "warn people" of this extinction level event, THEY encouraged people to go out and mingle in large social gatherings. THEY suggested that any attempt to limit travel to the U.S. from out of country was xenophobic. Even though the KNEW how dangerous said travel from other countries was.

No. The democrats weaponized the 'Rona for their own purposes and frankly, it's sickening how they pretend they are blameless while attacking everyone who is actually trying to resolve the problem.