• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wilson, the Russ One. Reports Stiffness in Calf

"Steelers QB Russell Wilson, listed as questionable for Sunday due to a calf injury, has told the team that he can play vs. the Falcons, but the team doctors are being more cautious, per sources. The team plans to make a final decision about his status Sunday" -- Adam Schefter

Tired of this cloak-and-dagger bullshlt involving who the starting quarterback will be. Tomlin did it for the entire preseason, now it's happening again in microcosm for week one. Just name the f-ing starter already...what's the big secret? Does he actually think that the Falcons haven't dedicated some practice time to preparing for them both?

"Steelers QB Russell Wilson, listed as questionable for Sunday due to a calf injury, has told the team that he can play vs. the Falcons, but the team doctors are being more cautious, per sources. The team plans to make a final decision about his status Sunday" -- Adam Schefter

Tired of this cloak-and-dagger bullshlt involving who the starting quarterback will be. Tomlin did it for the entire preseason, now it's happening again in microcosm for week one. Just name the f-ing starter already...what's the big secret? Does he actually think that the Falcons haven't dedicated some practice time to preparing for them both?
I think there is some general concern if Wilson will hold up but they feel he is the better option.

Buckle up you might see this throughout the year.

Start Fields today.

In fact, it might be a blessing in disguise.

Fields legs probably will be needed today with the new young faces on O-Line, new WR's, and Arthur Smiths new offense...

I can see several breakdowns and his escapability will be needed today, early and often.
Fields legs Could be the largest percentage of the offense if the dirty birds are smart enough to double GP all game and take him away.

And as you stated whoever is back there is likely to be running for their life

Imo the unscripted stuff will determine the winner today if Fields is the starter

1 team 3 seasons doesn’t lock you into everything. Some past QBs have improved turnover ratio, effectiveness within a new scheme, and accuracy.

Sure ball security remains a concern as does his deficiencies. I think he is capable of better play. How much better remains to be seen.
How many QBs have gone to die in Chicago
They wreck QB careers
I think the jury is still out on Fields

Is Sid Luckman still #2 on their list 🤣

How many QBs have gone to die in Chicago
They wreck QB careers
I think the jury is still out on Fields

Is Sid Luckman still #2 on their list 🤣
Well yeah the Chicago curse has to be considered. Similar to the Cleveland curse.

Sigh

Fields legs Could be the largest percentage of the offense if the dirty birds are smart enough to double GP all game and take him away.

And as you stated whoever is back there is likely to be running for their life

Imo the unscripted stuff will determine the winner today if Fields is the starter
If they double GP, Muuth and a RB out of the backfield could have big days.

Post-Gazette reporting Fields is the likely starter.
Rapaport also reporting it...Oh boy...here we go. The "adventure" begins.

"According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Justin Fields is expected to start against Atlanta as Russell Wilson continues to deal with calf tightness. Fields saw most of the first team reps in Friday’s practice while Wilson had little participation in practice, Rapoport noted."

Not posting a link because unsure about site policy. I don't spend enough time here and too lazy to figure out:ROFLMAO:

I think Tomlin wants Fields to be the starter. He always has.

I think Tomlin wants Fields to be the starter. He always has.
QB evaluation and development is not his strength. If he thinks what you are saying then that 100% confirms it's not his strength.

If they double GP, Muuth and a RB out of the backfield could have big days.
Hope so
Expecting big things from Muth today

I think the offense’s ability to move the ball will be based on him and Fields’ ability to run when the plays break down

I expect to see a frustrated GP today

So what is the status of Wilson? I hear some reports saying he's starting, others saying it's Justin Fields. Less than 2 hours from game time and we don't know who the Steelers starting QB is. SMH!

So what is the status of Wilson? I hear some reports saying he's starting, others saying it's Justin Fields. Less than 2 hours from game time and we don't know who the Steelers starting QB is. SMH!
They won’t know what hit them!

QB evaluation and development is not his strength. If he thinks what you are saying then that 100% confirms it's not his strength.
What, exactly, are his strengths?

We will see soon enough what he can and can’t do. These young QBs aren’t glued to their deficiencies until they are. LJ has had plenty of time to show what he is and isn’t capable of. Fields is still somewhat a mystery….
This. Bottom line you have to make the offense what it is. One look. Second. No. Go. And if LJ is at a full two I'd be surprised. They both have cannon arms and are as fast as hell. Don't try to make Fiekds what he us definitely not.

I think there is some general concern if Wilson will hold up but they feel he is the better option.

Buckle up you might see this throughout the year.
I hope Fields surprises us all if Russ can't play, but Atlanta has a great O-line. Our strength is our D-line...if they don't get to Cousins and we fall behind that takes us away from what Smith wants to do which is punish them with Najee and Warren, especially if Fields is in. That puts the game in Field's hands....Lord help us. Maybe we get some breaks " splash plays, if you will" on D, hold on for the W and we don't have to be pretty one dimensional on O.

With the amount of media attention this is getting you’d think it was Super Bowl Sunday and Patrick Mahommes.

He’s the head coach, why wouldn’t he have named Fields the starter?
I saw a clip of Wilson arriving walking pretty good and swiftly with no hitch in his giddy up. I dunno what is going on but the decision making aspect of this team is suspect.