• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Women's Studies Major Advises Men

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Ribby The Party Frog is my new favorite YouTube channel. Dude plays then bashes women's Tik Tok and IG posts with a Jim Rome style approach to making up his own slang.

Ribby The Party Frog is my new favorite YouTube channel. Dude plays then bashes women's Tik Tok and IG posts with a Jim Rome style approach to making up his own slang.

Watch their actions, don’t listen to their words. There is a reason why George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Henry Cavil are so popular with their female fans. And never take relationship advice from a woman.

Watch their actions, don’t listen to their words. There is a reason why George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Henry Cavil are so popular with their female fans. And never take relationship advice from a woman.
They have lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?

They have lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?
That's part of it.

Saw a TikTok yesterday with a woman (supposedly a wife) listening to a podcast from a male speaker explaining that there is only two choices for a man.

Time or money. He can spend his time with his wife and the family. He can devote himself to them and do all in his power to nurture them and make them feel loved and special.

OR he can work and provide a living for his family. He can spend long hours at the office or the job, getting promotions, getting pay increases and benefits that take care of his family currently and in the future.

However a man cannot do both. And he is forced to make a choice about which path he takes. This is not the man's fault. This is a societal requirement that exists in virtually every culture. When, in history, matriarchal structures dominate it is the WOMEN who must make this choice. However, almost all current sociological human cultures are predominantly patriarchal.

Most men choose to support their family financially due to the immediate benefits of having shelter, food and health coverage. Additionally, these men also generally have the peace of mind of having insurance and retirement benefits that will take care of his family far into the future.

However, it is important for woman and children to recognize that men are forced to make a choice about how they care for their responsibilities. Because absolutely, families are the MAN's responsibility. That likely comes across as sexist to many, but it is simply a sociological reality. Perhaps, one day the world will change to a point where men are NOT required to be the primary financial supporter for his family, but currently that is certainly NOT the case.

He’s not wrong. The degree is pretty useless.
She needs to elaborate better too. I thought she was talking about female gays. But it’s female gaze.

#2021equalitybro

Before viewing this video I had believed that gender and women's studies were a complete waste of time, pure garbage, worthless, a joke, useless in preparing college students for a career or the world in general, and that such programs encouraged stupidity, faulty reasoning and idiotic opinions from droning dolts.

Looks like I was right.

That's part of it.

Saw a TikTok yesterday with a woman (supposedly a wife) listening to a podcast from a male speaker explaining that there is only two choices for a man.

Time or money. He can spend his time with his wife and the family. He can devote himself to them and do all in his power to nurture them and make them feel loved and special.

OR he can work and provide a living for his family. He can spend long hours at the office or the job, getting promotions, getting pay increases and benefits that take care of his family currently and in the future.

However a man cannot do both. And he is forced to make a choice about which path he takes. This is not the man's fault. This is a societal requirement that exists in virtually every culture. When, in history, matriarchal structures dominate it is the WOMEN who must make this choice. However, almost all current sociological human cultures are predominantly patriarchal.

Most men choose to support their family financially due to the immediate benefits of having shelter, food and health coverage. Additionally, these men also generally have the peace of mind of having insurance and retirement benefits that will take care of his family far into the future.

However, it is important for woman and children to recognize that men are forced to make a choice about how they care for their responsibilities. Because absolutely, families are the MAN's responsibility. That likely comes across as sexist to many, but it is simply a sociological reality. Perhaps, one day the world will change to a point where men are NOT required to be the primary financial supporter for his family, but currently that is certainly NOT the case.
I'm going to disagree with this a bit. Most guys (especially guys on the Steeler bulletin boards) have plenty of time. How many men work 16 hours a day? A small fraction. Most guys work jobs that are 8 to 10 hours a day (or night). Climbing the corporate ladder is not something the vast majority of men do. They are a small fraction of the overall workforce. I'll ask on here... how many of you guys work 6-7 days a week and over 10 hours a day climbing the corporate ladder? My guess is that almost everyone on here works normal business hours or works less than 50 hours a week.

The issue is that people can live on less. People today want everything. Women should realize that time is more valuable than money. Most of you know my wife passed away around a month ago. I'm a teacher and I'm gone from 6:45 am to 4 pm. I'm a science teacher that drives a bus as well. I'm well off now and have been for a few years because I don't spend a lot of money. I drive a used car and have a paid for house that I built 4 years ago. But I don't buy stupid stuff. No new cars, no $65,000 trucks, no fishing boats, jet skies, no hummers, ETC... but I always spent time with her and my son. It's important and they are more valuable than me working another job to make a little more money. You can't have everything. Just focus on the important things. God, family and friends.

I'm going to disagree with this a bit. Most guys (especially guys on the Steeler bulletin boards) have plenty of time. How many men work 16 hours a day? A small fraction. Most guys work jobs that are 8 to 10 hours a day (or night). Climbing the corporate ladder is not something the vast majority of men do. They are a small fraction of the overall workforce. I'll ask on here... how many of you guys work 6-7 days a week and over 10 hours a day climbing the corporate ladder? My guess is that almost everyone on here works normal business hours or works less than 50 hours a week.

The issue is that people can live on less. People today want everything. Women should realize that time is more valuable than money. Most of you know my wife passed away around a month ago. I'm a teacher and I'm gone from 6:45 am to 4 pm. I'm a science teacher that drives a bus as well. I'm well off now and have been for a few years because I don't spend a lot of money. I drive a used car and have a paid for house that I built 4 years ago. But I don't buy stupid stuff. No new cars, no $65,000 trucks, no fishing boats, jet skies, no hummers, ETC... but I always spent time with her and my son. It's important and they are more valuable than me working another job to make a little more money. You can't have everything. Just focus on the important things. God, family and friends.

My parents died when I was in my early 30's. (No, I didn't inherit anything of value after the medical bills) After that, I decided time is more valuable than money. I provided for my family, but I think you get what I mean.

You losing your wife drives home this point. Life is short.

I had a co-worker my age that absolutely busted his *** on the job to earn extra money to pay for his daughter's obscenely expensive wedding. She got divorced a couple months later. Total ***** - but that's another story.

I'm glad for you man. And I am sorry for your wife's passing. But the simple fact is the majority of men out there work more than 8 hours a day and have at least an hour of commute time. Something that is a common theme in divorce (Which women file 80% of the time) is the "I wasn't happy because he didn't make enough/was never there" logic. Society doesn't allow you to tell females there is no such thing as having it all anymore because reality is somehow sexist.

I'm glad for you man. And I am sorry for your wife's passing. But the simple fact is the majority of men out there work more than 8 hours a day and have at least an hour of commute time. Something that is a common theme in divorce (Which women file 80% of the time) is the "I wasn't happy because he didn't make enough/was never there" logic. Society doesn't allow you to tell females there is no such thing as having it all anymore because reality is somehow sexist.
I'm 51 and almost all my friends, family and people that I know in general all work "normal" jobs. People do what they value most. I understand it isn't the same for everyone but according to the bureau of labor statistics men work on average 41 hours a week. Women work on average 36.4 hours. So it isn't that men are working 50+ hours a week. It's that men are doing other things besides spending time with family. There are many other variables to divorce. Women have responsibility for this as well. One is that many women aren't good to be around. They are treated as princesses growing up and expect the same treatment from their husbands.

I'm going to disagree with this a bit. Most guys (especially guys on the Steeler bulletin boards) have plenty of time. How many men work 16 hours a day? A small fraction. Most guys work jobs that are 8 to 10 hours a day (or night). Climbing the corporate ladder is not something the vast majority of men do. They are a small fraction of the overall workforce. I'll ask on here... how many of you guys work 6-7 days a week and over 10 hours a day climbing the corporate ladder?

I have been a lawyer for more than 30 years. I worked while attending law school, up at 6:00 a.m., arrive at work at 7:00 a.m., work until 4:30 p.m., drive to law school, get there at 5:30 p.m., eat dinner, attend class 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m., to library, study until 11:00 p.m., back home at 11:30 p.m., repeat the next day. Weekends involved study, writing. Wrote a law review paper, slept maybe 2 hours per night for five straight nights after spending about six months researching the paper.

Earned law degree, studied for and passed bar exam, thought to myself, "Thank God that is behind me." Started working as lawyer, working 10 hours per day, very often six days per week. My workday increased as I earned more responsibility. For about three years, I arrived at work around 8:30 a.m. and worked 12 hours per day. In fact, a group of us at work would be there until 9:00 p.m. most nights. Wife told me, "You can't keep doing this. I never see you and you're going to kill yourself." Started leaving work at 7:30 p.m., so my workday was 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., 11 hours per day.

Since I was salaried, no lunch break or rest break. I brought my lunch and ate at my desk while working. I worked at least 50 hours per week, often more, for the better part of 12 years. I would exercise at night just because I had no other time. Fortunately, at this point the San Fernando Valley was still attractive and not overrun with bums so I would run at night, in the dark, through Balboa Park.

When I turned 50, I began to cut back. I had been a lawyer for 22 years by that point, and averaged working more than 50 hours per week, up to 80 hours per week when in trial (since I have to drive to court, handle the trial, go back to office, prepare for next day, and oh yeah, my other cases do not magically go into deep freeze).

My hours are A LOT lower now, have been so for at least 5-6 years. Wife and I saved, took care of our kids, paid for their college, and both are working and earning a good living. I put in a hellacious amount of time to make a living.

Last edited:
I have been a lawyer for more than 30 years. I worked while attending law school, up at 6:00 a.m., arrive at work at 7:00 a.m., work until 4:30 p.m., drive to law school, get there at 5:30 p.m., eat dinner, attend class 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m., to library, study until 11:00 p.m., back home at 11:30 p.m., repeat the next day. Weekends involved study, writing. Wrote a law review paper, slept maybe 2 hours per night for five straight nights after spending about six months researching the paper.

Earned law degree, studied for and passed bar exam, thought to myself, "Thank God that is behind me." Started working as lawyer, working 10 hours per day, very often six days per week. My workday increased as I earned more responsibility. For about three years, I arrived at work around 8:30 a.m. and worked 12 hours per day. In fact, a group of us at work would be there until 9:00 p.m. most nights. Wife told me, "You can't keep doing this. I never see you and you're going to kill yourself." Started leaving work at 7:30 p.m., so my workday was 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., 11 hours per day.

Since I was salaried, no lunch break or rest break. I brought my lunch and ate at my desk while working. I worked at least 50 hours per week, often more, for the better part of 12 years. I would exercise at night just because I had no other time. Fortunately, at this point the San Fernando Valley was still attractive and not overrun with bums so I would run at night, in the dark, through Balboa Park.

When I turned 50, I began to cut back. I had been a lawyer for 22 years by that point, and averaged working more than 50 hours per week, up to 80 hours per week when in trial (since I have to drive to court, handle the trial, go back to office, prepare for next day, and oh yeah, my other cases do not magically go into deep freeze).

My hours are A LOT lower now, have been so for at least 5-6 years. Wife and I saved, took care of our kids, paid for their college, and both are working and earning a good living. I put in a hellacious amount of time to make a living.

A lot of people fail to realize just how hard attorneys work. Yes, they make good money but there's many very long days including weekends - trial prep is a ballbuster. I've worked with them and witnessed it firsthand.

I worked 54 hours this week. I am at a new company and averaging about 10 hours less a week. That is the standard for my career field. You are going to find the "average" is greatly skewed by men that are part time/semi-retired but most men as I said work more than 40 per week and have an hour or more commute to and from work daily. If you look at divorce stories you see a common thread, filed by the woman because she wasn't happy because he either didn't earn enough or he worked all the time and she wasn't getting enough attention. This is a direct result of women being told by feminism that they are entitled to it all and they have no obligation to play their role in the social contract between men and women any more.

As Richard Cooper says, "Women do not care about the struggles men go through, they hang out at the finish line and **** the winners."

I worked 54 hours this week. I am at a new company and averaging about 10 hours less a week. That is the standard for my career field. You are going to find the "average" is greatly skewed by men that are part time/semi-retired but most men as I said work more than 40 per week and have an hour or more commute to and from work daily. If you look at divorce stories you see a common thread, filed by the woman because she wasn't happy because he either didn't earn enough or he worked all the time and she wasn't getting enough attention. This is a direct result of women being told by feminism that they are entitled to it all and they have no obligation to play their role in the social contract between men and women any more.

As Richard Cooper says, "Women do not care about the struggles men go through, they hang out at the finish line and **** the winners."
The data for full time and part time work were separated. Also the commute time hit an all time high this year at 27.6 minutes. Here is the article from the census bureau:

So that's less than an hour both ways. I have no idea where you are getting your data from. Again the official stats say that most men work around 41 hours per week with a commute time of less than an hour a day.

exactly... its feast or famine. There is no way Id ever get married in the current field that Im in... it would be utterly unfair... my choice was to tke care of my friends and family with a good paying job and completely sacrifice my social life... few women will tolerate a guy on the road as much as I am

When I taught in the K12 cesspool, I was an easy 65-70 hours per week. I was never caught up either. Also had a DJ company on the side to support us. I was putting in a LOT of hours. As the kids got older and moved out, I was able to cut back on DJing so much. Now I rarely do. I also teach for the state (Dept. of Correction), which is strictly 49 hours per week Mrs. Fan and I drive together, work together, eat together, you get it. We only live 4 miles from work, about 12 minutes - only one traffic light - each way.

I laid my life down for the kids, and don't really see the appreciation, so it's hard sometimes. Now we have each other, and lots of time, enough money, and life is good. The only real hard thing is that Mrs. Fan was very ill for the better part of four years, about four years ago. We lost most everything. Starting over at our age is hard. I told her she could retire in five years. I doubt that I ever will.

The data for full time and part time work were separated. Also the commute time hit an all time high this year at 27.6 minutes. Here is the article from the census bureau:

So that's less than an hour both ways. I have no idea where you are getting your data from. Again the official stats say that most men work around 41 hours per week with a commute time of less than an hour a day.
Yeah that's rom the last census when people were working from home or simply not working. Admittedly the data I was quoting was from several years ago.

When I taught in the K12 cesspool, I was an easy 65-70 hours per week. I was never caught up either. Also had a DJ company on the side to support us. I was putting in a LOT of hours. As the kids got older and moved out, I was able to cut back on DJing so much. Now I rarely do. I also teach for the state (Dept. of Correction), which is strictly 49 hours per week Mrs. Fan and I drive together, work together, eat together, you get it. We only live 4 miles from work, about 12 minutes - only one traffic light - each way.

Funny how you and I missed out on cashing in on our wHyTe pRyVaLeGe. Some white guy somewhere must have beaucoup wHyTe pRyViLeGe stored up on our unused WP cards.

Also awesome about your commute. I am both sides of that coin. Lived in the San Fernando Valley, a suburb northwest of Los Angeles, for the better part of 30 years. Drove to downtown LA ... at least 90 minutes round trip, very often more, sometimes up to 2 1/2 hours if some idiot decided to change a flat tire in the #2 lane.

Moved to gorgeous, rural area and commute was 80% along a beautiful two-lane road with more deer and antelope than other cars. Seriously.

I laid my life down for the kids, and don't really see the appreciation, so it's hard sometimes.

That's too bad. I genuinely hope kids some day appreciate how hard it was for you to take care of them that way.

Now we have each other, and lots of time, enough money, and life is good. The only real hard thing is that Mrs. Fan was very ill for the better part of four years, about four years ago. We lost most everything. Starting over at our age is hard. I told her she could retire in five years. I doubt that I ever will.

Guy I work with (business partner) has been a lawyer since 1971. He will never retire. Tell him he is crazy. Also tell him he has no choice since he has three ex-wives and a current trophy wife.

He tells me, "You can't retire, you love this job. You'll be bored." Respond that just because I work hard and am good at what I do does not mean I LOVE it. My job is a series of endless deadlines, unreasonably high expectations by clients, and one where I will get sued if I **** up. Yeah, been great, don't need it. Retirement on calendar for early 2023.

I've been to SFV. My ex is from there. Insane.

Where are you that you see antelope? We must be close

I think the kids will learn more as they mature. One has come around. One has a processing disorder, and we expect he will never get it. One it the most self-centered girl you have ever heard of. She won't get it. She's just way into her self, and everyone else is to serve her. Odd. Not sure how that happened. I am her step-dad, but Mrs. Fan is the most humble, nurturing, other-centered person in history (Amazingly cute, too!).

As for retirement, I guess I chose it. When Mrs. Fan got ill she told me I could leave her. There is no way I could. Not to sound like a hippie, but she is my soul mate. We're inseparable. Best marriage you have ever heard of. So, I carry that load. It's no real big deal. Better people than I am have had such luck, and worked their whole lives. Streets of gold wait for me. I'm good.

Where are you that you see antelope? We must be close

Yeah, you and I talked on the Fakebook thread. I used to live about 10 miles N of Prescott, Arizona. Wife and I built a beautiful house and barn on 2 acres. Wife decided we needed to move closer to our daughter, who is having our first grandchild so ...

We sold, packed up, bought a home in a suburb about 20 miles northwest of Atlanta. New home is great. The boys are staying at a barn located less than 2 miles from home. Here they are in their new home:

Boys-grazing.jpg

We see them every day, but I miss saying goodbye to them every morning as I went to work and hello when I got home. Talking to liberals makes me afraid for America; talking to Apache makes me feel great.

Crap. I'm getting to that age where a recent conversation is quickly forgotten, I guess.

I remember.

When I first got out of school and passed my boards, I worked for Thrift Drug in Ambridge. My schedule was such that the only day I had off was every other Sunday, and 50+ hours a week was the norm.
Once my kids were born, I grew tired of working nights, weekends and holidays. I was lucky to find a position later in life that was 8 to 5, M-F and I was actually able to eat lunch and use the bathroom when needed. The good ole days weren't all that good.

Don't have to worry about any of that now, but no doubt all those hours took their toll.