• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your draft would have been what? Post them here.

Interesting, why? Have you seen his clips?

His film according to Maycock at a small school is average. He was weak on the bench, and didn't show good side to side stopping and starting ability in the shuttle. He jumped poorly ( Suggesting lack of explosion in the leg ) and scouts question his nastiness.

For the rest of you, are you going to post who you would have selected??? Don't be such glass house types, with a sheep like mentality that anything the Steelers do is golden. Your picks might be better than the Steelers in 2018

I didn't attack you with my post, if you want me to kick your *** again let me know

If Steelers saw him as a third rounder yeah.

If they saw him as a mid second rounder to high second rounder

not so much.

Steelers website stated their board had Edmunds and Rudolph both labeled as 1st rounders.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

The draft has to be viewed with a wide angle lens. Edmunds was not value. I think that can be agreed upon. HOWEVER he brings a value that they need immediately and likely may not have got later. Now, Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph were 5a,b in Mayock's list of qbs for most of the process. The Ravens spent a last first on Jackson. So if in your mind it makes you feel better to say we took Rudolph in the first and Edmunds in the third, by all means do so. Now everyone is proper value. I mean we go on and on about Jarvis Jones. He is the poster boy of Steelers first round busts. Show me a re-mock that wouldn't have Bell in the first 5 picks of that draft.

The draft has to be viewed with a wide angle lens. Edmunds was not value. I think that can be agreed upon. HOWEVER he brings a value that they need immediately and likely may not have got later. Now, Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph were 5a,b in Mayock's list of qbs for most of the process. The Ravens spent a last first on Jackson. So if in your mind it makes you feel better to say we took Rudolph in the first and Edmunds in the third, by all means do so. Now everyone is proper value. I mean we go on and on about Jarvis Jones. He is the poster boy of Steelers first round busts. Show me a re-mock that wouldn't have Bell in the first 5 picks of that draft.

I view it as Edmunds was a middle to high second round value. That they felt strongly wouldn't have been there. I like Rudolph but I think the small concerns that was relayed he probably is a second round value. Washington? A second round value.That tackle? another second round value. I think this is close to accurate as we will ever know. Really think the draft didn't run deep with true firsts. Enough had question marks to be second rounders, that went in 1.

Now is 4 second rounders solid?

I think it is B type of solid, with the potential to be A. Depending on who pans out.

I would say a team that has 4 2nd rounders has a solid chance of shoring up some depth issues. Strengthening their team in the process.

So the point of this thread is....? It’s a mock of post draft mock or a mock of your previous mocks?

You didn’t pick Parry Nickerson, who you thought was a 2nd/3rd pick for the Steelers. Plus you draft a WR in the 7th that you admitted was undrafted? But, make assumptions about a player who DID start in college and then got hurt and got Wally Pipp’d by two players who were blue chippers drafted in the first couple rounds? Not to mention, the DL coach was his position coach last year. He knows the player already and what the ceiling is.

Since when did long arms become a negative for a lineman on either side of the ball?

All right with Rudolph and Samuels? So you are agreeing with KC/MT or saying this who you picked or would’ve picked?

Another useless look at me! thread.....

Edit: Hey! I also noticed you picked a punter before the pick he was drafted.

So you would have lost your own bet genius! Having said that, since you never confirmed the watered down version, presumably because you don’t trust your own BS, your peacocking would be just a confirmation of your Run and Hide from your own opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:
I view it as Edmunds was a middle to high second round value. That they felt strongly wouldn't have been there. I like Rudolph but I think the small concerns that was relayed he probably is a second round value. Washington? A second round value.That tackle? another second round value. I think this is close to accurate as we will ever know. Really think the draft didn't run deep with true firsts. Enough had question marks to be second rounders, that went in 1.

Now is 4 second rounders solid?

I think it is B type of solid, with the potential to be A. Depending on who pans out.

I would say a team that has 4 2nd rounders has a solid chance of shoring up some depth issues. Strengthening their team in the process.

Very much the way I see it. And in any draft if you get one player that verges on pro bowl or makes it. A solid starter and some depth, you did well. I really like the fact that we moved on from Bryant and got a player Im very excited about to replace him. If somehow Rudolph works out and becomes a good or better starter, none of the rest of it really matters.

Hey coach please read this link and see munchaks opinion on a prospect that already had high level competition even though he started playing football in junior year in high school. Highest ceiling of the Steelers picks in fact.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ost-unique-upside-of-entire-2018-draft-class/

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

Very much the way I see it. And in any draft if you get one player that verges on pro bowl or makes it. A solid starter and some depth, you did well. I really like the fact that we moved on from Bryant and got a player Im very excited about to replace him. If somehow Rudolph works out and becomes a good or better starter, none of the rest of it really matters.

Yeah the whole Bryant thing. A not knowing if he was going to be a distraction yet again, in the process dinging your receiver depth. And if he wasn't? you're still dealing with this player that looks like a shell of a player that what was. So if not a distraction perhaps he handcuffs the offense with inconsistency. Then he walks and you get nothing, nada. You always would like to get something for a decent talent. Not that it pans out that way often. But a round higher than what he was drafted. **** no wonder the Steelers took a bite.Because if they didn't and they still drafted a WR? Then on top of it perhaps you have that he is butthurt so he acts up again. I think 99 reasons to trade him, but to keep him I couldn't think of one.

With Bell possibly walking without equal compensation next year. It was nice to get solid value for Martavis. So instead of having to replace a WR next year, you have three under contract.

If you have to replace Bell? It won't be in the same year you let Martavis go. I would guess a slightly easier transition.

If I were the Steelers' GM, this would have been my draft:

1. Saquon Barkley
2. Bradley Chubb
3. Josh Allen
4. (I am the GM and decide what @#$%ing picks we have) ... Tremaine Edmunds, to play with his brother.
5. Sam Darnold. Just to be sure on the QB thing.
5b. Terrell Edmunds
6. Did I not ALREADY explain this?!? Minkah Fitzpatrick
7. Vita Vea

You losers ... your drafts SUCK. Mine is freaking AWESOME.

Yeah the whole Bryant thing. A not knowing if he was going to be a distraction yet again, in the process dinging your receiver depth. And if he wasn't? you're still dealing with this player that looks like a shell of a player that what was. So if not a distraction perhaps he handcuffs the offense with inconsistency. Then he walks and you get nothing, nada. You always would like to get something for a decent talent. Not that it pans out that way often. But a round higher than what he was drafted. **** no wonder the Steelers took a bite.Because if they didn't and they still drafted a WR? Then on top of it perhaps you have that he is butthurt so he acts up again. I think 99 reasons to trade him, but to keep him I couldn't think of one.

With Bell possibly walking without equal compensation next year. It was nice to get solid value for Martavis. So instead of having to replace a WR next year, you have three under contract.

If you have to replace Bell? It won't be in the same year you let Martavis go. I would guess a slightly easier transition.

My feeling on Bryant is that it was one of two things.
1. His heart wasnt in it with the Steelers and he really is a mega talent and he blows up this year.
2. He is an incomplete talent. He can only run about 1/3 to 1/2 the route tree really well. With no short setup the Corner just played off. I kinda always felt the skinny post always should have been there and was under used.
But either way the Steelers werent getting much more than **** all out of him next year.
In reality if Brown Juju and Washington all stay healthy with a healthy Ben they would have to produce something like:
AB- 1200 plus yards
Juju-1000 yards
Washington- 600 yards
I dont really see that as unrealistic at all but thats damn near 3000 yards between the three. Leaving the other 1000 plus for a wr, TEs, Bell presumably. Not hard to do.

My feeling on Bryant is that it was one of two things.
1. His heart wasnt in it with the Steelers and he really is a mega talent and he blows up this year.
2. He is an incomplete talent. He can only run about 1/3 to 1/2 the route tree really well. With no short setup the Corner just played off. I kinda always felt the skinny post always should have been there and was under used.
But either way the Steelers werent getting much more than **** all out of him next year.
In reality if Brown Juju and Washington all stay healthy with a healthy Ben they would have to produce something like:
AB- 1200 plus yards
Juju-1000 yards
Washington- 600 yards
I dont really see that as unrealistic at all but thats damn near 3000 yards between the three. Leaving the other 1000 plus for a wr, TEs, Bell presumably. Not hard to do.

Not sure he will ever get back to the point he will blow up. Being away from football is a hard thing. No guarantee he will ever get that burst back.

Other small possibility is he can't function without the weed. Everything we all talked about mixed in.

But yeah there is a lot of weapons on this team, minus him. And they still might resign Eli when it is all said and done.

Bryant never had great hands, but they really did improve in his year off.

Bryant used to be a deep threat only, but he improved his intermediate routes. Still looked awkward on short routes.

Bryant was a good run blocker, and also looked for the big block after downfield catches by teammates.

Bryant has potential to be good, but I think he lacks the technique and discipline to be great.

His route running is not crisp, and his reading and reacting to defenders is poor.

We know what we had in Bryant, and now we have a new player with more potential upside and a higher floor than MB started with. I'm looking forward to see what Washington can do, and I'm happy we got a mid 3rd rounder for him. It was better then we would have gotten in FA. 4-5comp at best.

Bryant used to be a deep threat only, but he improved his intermediate routes. Still looked awkward on short routes.

Bryant was a good run blocker, and also looked for the big block after downfield catches by teammates.

Bryant has potential to be good, but I think he lacks the technique and discipline to be great.

His route running is not crisp, and his reading and reacting to defenders is poor.

We know what we had in Bryant, and now we have a new player with more potential upside and a higher floor than MB started with. I'm looking forward to see what Washington can do, and I'm happy we got a mid 3rd rounder for him. It was better then we would have gotten in FA. 4-5comp at best.
Good assessment. Plus that compensatory pick is in two years. Rudolph gets his main target in camp this year. Not a big deal but wont hurt his development.

My knock on Bryant is that he couldn't locate nor would he fight for deep balls most of last year. I'm not sure if this was the result of him bulking up, the year out of football or just lack of heart but he didn't go and fight for balls. You could sense Ben's frustration with this and that's why we chucked the ball so often down there to try and get him into games. Now we don't have to force the long ball if we don't need to.

This thread is irrelevant. Draft is OVER.

But all credibility left when you said How WR was not a need....

We were thin last year and lost Bryant. Bryant really sucked balls last year anyhow

The Steelers felt Bryant wasn't a need and were okay trading him, then drafted a rookie receiver. Bryant had 50 catches last year. We'll see if Washington can pass that amount.

Until then we have a hall of fame player in his prime, and a player who impressed as a rookie, and should improve a bit by year two.

Eli Rogers is a fair #3 slot man.

WR is one of the teams strongest areas, Steve/

The Steelers felt Bryant wasn't a need and were okay trading him, then drafted a rookie receiver. Bryant had 50 catches last year. We'll see if Washington can pass that amount.

Until then we have a hall of fame player in his prime, and a player who impressed as a rookie, and should improve a bit by year two.

Eli Rogers is a fair #3 slot man.

WR is one of the teams strongest areas, Steve/

Eli Rogers has a ACL..

My knock on Bryant is that he couldn't locate nor would he fight for deep balls most of last year. I'm not sure if this was the result of him bulking up, the year out of football or just lack of heart but he didn't go and fight for balls. You could sense Ben's frustration with this and that's why we chucked the ball so often down there to try and get him into games. Now we don't have to force the long ball if we don't need to.

I think it was his time off, he lost sync. But still, he wouldn't have resigned with us, neither party wanted that. Now we practically traded Bryant and 7th for a potential starting QB, that's golden when you were near to lose him anyways

Hey coach please read this link and see munchaks opinion on a prospect that already had high level competition even though he started playing football in junior year in high school. Highest ceiling of the Steelers picks in fact.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ost-unique-upside-of-entire-2018-draft-class/

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

“He got away with things because of his size, his arms, his strength, those types of things, which he’s not even close to being developed the way he can be. So, just really excited about all the upside that he has and then looking forward to working with him and seeing, you know, teaching technique, teaching how we do things for myself and for the guys and the group that we have in that room will be great for him. They’ll teach them the game a lot of ways. how to prepare, how to work, the work ethic.”

^^^ Yes, he got away with is at Western Michigan. They play on the MAC. A College conference with few NFL Defensive Lineman.

But ask coach Munchak, if he thinks 19 reps on the bench is good for an NFL Tackle to taken on day two of the draft, or any day of the draft for that matter. And ask him about his shuttle time, which looks below average, or his vertical with was awful.

The tape according to Maycok was mediocre...in the MAC. Sorry, if you can't dominate in the MAC, and work out suggests some NFL struggles, it doesn't add up.

34 1/2" arms are above average for a starting NFL tackle, nothing beyond that. 35-36" would belong. Anything under 33", too short in general.

Having said the above, Munchak is an amazing coach, we'll see if he can mold him. And I do not think you can teach heart and a mean streak, you either have that or you don't.

Eli Rogers has a ACL..

Edmunds had an injured shoulder last year, you point?

ACL's can be repaired these days with good success. Shoulder injuries, ( ask the med's ) can be worse.

Edmunds had an injured shoulder last year, you point?

ACL's can be repaired these days with good success. Shoulder injuries, ( ask the med's ) can be worse.

An ACL that was injured in January. So he might not be ready right a way. Try watching the games

^^^ Yes, he got away with is at Western Michigan. They play on the MAC. A College conference with few NFL Defensive Lineman.

But ask coach Munchak, if he thinks 19 reps on the bench is good for an NFL Tackle to taken on day two of the draft, or any day of the draft for that matter. And ask him about his shuttle time, which looks below average, or his vertical with was awful.

The tape according to Maycok was mediocre...in the MAC. Sorry, if you can't dominate in the MAC, and work out suggests some NFL struggles, it doesn't add up.

34 1/2" arms are above average for a starting NFL tackle, nothing beyond that. 35-36" would belong. Anything under 33", too short in general.

Having said the above, Munchak is an amazing coach, we'll see if he can mold him. And I do not think you can teach heart and a mean streak, you either have that or you don't.

I'll take Munchak's opinion way ahead of Mayock, if he sees talent then it must be there. Put the kid through strength conditioning and let him compete with Hawkins for the swing tackle spot.

And he did dominate his competition in college, just aks Watt

When I read the strength part of Munchak's, i went to look at the Combine results,.I don't see strength. I wonder how someone of that size can only bench 19 times.

However, by other comments, they noted they have been watching this player for a year. Presumably, Munchak was part of the group watching him. The kid is 20 years old and can get better/stronger. I trust what Munchak has to say over what MayCOCK has to say, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. In addition, Munchak says, from watching film, he has gotten better every year.

I'd have taken a defensive player. However, it is clear that this was a pick they actually gave thought, too and have a clear picture of what they wanted and what they were getting.

Coach, I’m absolutely content with the way the draft unfolded for the Steelers.
Colbert, Tomlin and our scouts know a hell of a lot more about evaluating talent and the current and future needs of this football team than any of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app