• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your draft would have been what? Post them here.

When I read the strength part of Munchak's, i went to look at the Combine results,.I don't see strength. I wonder how someone of that size can only bench 19 times.
I'd have taken a defensive player. However, it is clear that this was a pick they actually gave thought, too and have a clear picture of what they wanted and what they were getting.

Very good Ark. You might want to compare how he shuttles back and forth for quickness ( needed at tackle ) and how he jumped relative to the other players at the combine. I do not see this great athlete, and view his competition in college as a suspect.

Yes, a defensive player would have been nice. I would have taken a defensive player at pick #3B too.

Is anyone going to post who they would have selected?

While I respect the heck out of Munchak and consider him our best coach, he's in the business. I never say any pro coach not say nice things about an early draft pick. Heck they say something nice about the last draft pick.

Come on Coach, I've been very informative about Eli's recovery time. Multiple times. Eli will be LUCKY to be back by September 1st. That's 9 mos.

ACL recovery time isn't magic, it's a 9mos window.

Punter Dixon.

SMFH...

You lost bro, we didn't draft a punter.

Do you want fries with that Cope? I was right on Dickson being worth our pick in round five. He made the pro bowl as a rookie. Watch him play. He's special.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
" Dickson is the first rookie punter to be selected to the Pro Bowl since Dale Hunter of the Rams in 1985 "

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]I think my draft will likely prove to be better than the Steelers. Time will tell.[/FONT]

hahahahahaha a punter in 5.

I would much rather them draft a box safety to help against the run and a slash type player to give Ben another option after losing two WRs. And arguably a lack of quality depth at RB.

Oh wait

they did.

Oh and on a team that lost two WRs you wait until 7 to draft one.

You suck as a GM you're fired.

A pro bowl punter in round five. Better than Allen any day and we would have saved over a million on the cap. You can pretend that Reid and Baker did not have better seasons than Edmunds and Washington and be wrong. I liked Samules a lot in round five, how's that for depth?

You see, I'm not afford to state my mind. In 2019, let's both post who we would have taken.

Yeah, we need better defensive backfield. Our punter isnt the reason we lose games.

I take a shot at a Db every time over a P. You can argue about which db if you want, but to suggest we needed a punter over a shot at a db is just plain dumb.

Yeah, we need better defensive backfield. Our punter isnt the reason we lose games.

I take a shot at a Db every time over a P. You can argue about which db if you want, but to suggest we needed a punter over a shot at a db is just plain dumb.

And we'd have one if we picked J. Reid.

The Steelers have not been very good on DB picks lately. I hated the Golson pick, and warned some about Burns. Who was right?

Our ILB's are a mess!

Next draft, ILB, S, CB, and speed WR.

Pro bowl means jack ****.

Have you seen him play? Just compare his net average and if you had access to it, hang time to Berry's.

Making the pro bowl as a rookie punter is very hard. Like I said I felt he was a pro bowl guy, and I was right.

But if you really want to defend Colbert, how about that long snapper pick? I think we all panned that one.

Boy someone is really fishing for a pat on the back. Wow you have some real confidence issues. Well here you go Coach you got one right sort of.

Have you seen him play? Just compare his net average and if you had access to it, hang time to Berry's.

Making the pro bowl as a rookie punter is very hard. Like I said I felt he was a pro bowl guy, and I was right.

But if you really want to defend Colbert, how about that long snapper pick? I think we all panned that one.

How he plays is irrelevant, to me. Being in the Pro Bowl means jack ****, regardless of how hard it is to make it as a rookie. Just a meaningless award.

We NEEDED db talent. When the punter starts losing the games for us, i will give a **** about whether we take a punter in the draft.

Having drafted a LS has zero to do with the idiocy of drafting a punter when we needed DB help.

The Steelers have not been very good on DB picks lately. I hated the Golson pick, and warned some about Burns. Who was right?

Our ILB's are a mess!

I already told you why i dont want reid anywhere near the BnG. I dont give a **** if he makes the pro bowl and all star team every year of his career. We DID draft a S early and and they STILL wanted to take a shot at another DB over a ******* punter.

Hopefully, the LS and that other P they drafted in the 4th a while back taught them a lesson and they dont ever do it again. Ever.

So, all that and youd draft a ******* punter over a shot at another DB. GREAT IDEA!

Keep patting yourself on the back. get out your tissue and lotion while you watch dickson in the useless pro bowl.

Why bring up golson. Dude had no major injuries in college and got injured so he couldn't ever get on the field. Wtf does that have to do with anything.

Do you want fries with that Cope? I was right on Dickson being worth our pick in round five. He made the pro bowl as a rookie. Watch him play. He's special.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]I think my draft will likely prove to be better than the Steelers. Time will tell.[/FONT]

No Coach..... you're special.

I already told you why i dont want reid anywhere near the BnG. I dont give a **** if he makes the pro bowl and all star team every year of his career. We DID draft a S early and and they STILL wanted to take a shot at another DB over a ******* punter.

Hopefully, the LS and that other P they drafted in the 4th a while back taught them a lesson and they dont ever do it again. Ever.

So, all that and youd draft a ******* punter over a shot at another DB. GREAT IDEA!

Keep patting yourself on the back. get out your tissue and lotion while you watch dickson in the useless pro bowl.

Why bring up golson. Dude had no major injuries in college and got injured so he couldn't ever get on the field. Wtf does that have to do with anything.

Someone's a bit testy :) A good punter can help out a defense, and our needs that help. Golson was small, light, and not fast enough. He had major trouble with larger receivers. A bad pick. And while I'm on it so was Burns. The guy I wanted X Howard only made the pro bowl.

So ark who would you rather have Burns or Howard?

And while I'm still typing I have no faith in Boswell. He'll have to make several in a row to snap out of his funk. We likely go into the playoffs with a shaky kicker. And if he costs us, its on TOMLIN.

Is this another one of those look at me threads?

Nah, I just like the reactions when someone calls me out ( without making their own predictions for the most part ) and is wrong.

You could say hindsight agrees with me more often than not. Ta.:wave:

As for LOOK AT ME, that's you guys. I took at look at my profile page. 12,000+ Views. Not that I'm asking for it, but that seems to be a lot for a guy who join in Jan 2015.

Last edited:
Someone's a bit testy :) A good punter can help out a defense, and our needs that help. Golson was small, light, and not fast enough. He had major trouble with larger receivers. A bad pick. And while I'm on it so was Burns. The guy I wanted X Howard only made the pro bowl.

So ark who would you rather have Burns or Howard?

And while I'm still typing I have no faith in Boswell. He'll have to make several in a row to snap out of his funk. We likely go into the playoffs with a shaky kicker. And if he costs us, its on TOMLIN.

Golsons physical features had zero to do with why he had no success. His injury had zero to do with his size. It wasn't even a contact injury. Keep harping on that, though. Wanna bag on the shazier pick because he will never play another down?

Wow, another in the Pro Bowler. Holy ****. I once got a certificate for completing a Microsoft Word class.

You already said you would trade down for Howard, not take him there. The flaw in that plan, which is so very obvious to everyone but you, is that there is no guarantee he'd be there when you picked again. Yes, we all know he was, in HINDSIGHT. I don't recall if you ever said you'd take Howard at that spot. You say so many things that might have been one of them. If you didn't the "i wanted howard" is pure BS and wishing he was available later.

How do you know whoever we traded with wouldn't have taken Howard there?

Golsons physical features had zero to do with why he had no success. His injury had zero to do with his size. It wasn't even a contact injury. Keep harping on that, though. Wanna bag on the shazier pick because he will never play another down?

Wow, another in the Pro Bowler. Holy ****. I once got a certificate for completing a Microsoft Word class.

You already said you would trade down for Howard, not take him there. The flaw in that plan, which is so very obvious to everyone but you, is that there is no guarantee he'd be there when you picked again. Yes, we all know he was, in HINDSIGHT. I don't recall if you ever said you'd take Howard at that spot. You say so many things that might have been one of them. If you didn't the "i wanted howard" is pure BS and wishing he was available later.

How do you know whoever we traded with wouldn't have taken Howard there?

Golson did not LOOK good on film. Coates who I didn't like either burned him twice in one game. He was small and slim. That's asking for injury problems in the NFL.

I would have taken Howard with our without the trade down in round one. With the extra 3rd I would have Simmons ( Safety Denver has him ).

I did like Sahzier, but if you want the truth, I wanted OL Martin. ( Dallas has him ) . He made the pro bowl too.

Nah, I just like the reactions when someone calls me out ( without making their own predictions for the most part ) and is wrong.

tumblr_nh3o0eyW5A1sj4xr4o1_500_zpsgr6gsl08.0.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this another one of those look at me threads?

As for LOOK AT ME, that's you guys. I took at look at my profile page. 12,000+ Views. Not that I'm asking for it, but that seems to be a lot for a guy who join in Jan 2015.

You like to see folks “reactions” to your posts, and you look at your own profile to see post hits numbers. Ok.

So....in other words, it’s like what Hines said “another look at me thread”.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sure, theoretically. Too bad you weren't right there though, huh?

I said the pick was a bust, and I did think he was injury prone base don his size. Yeah, I was off by a mile. Stick to politics Ark, you're better at it.

Our ILB's are a mess!

Needs are ILB and CB.
We could use depth at OLB (if they plan on going with Bud longterm. If not, we need to draft a starter in rds 2 or 3)
OG could get a pick if one slips.
WR? Maybe a late round guy. Same goes for RB.

No way we take a S. Doesn't make any sense.

what also seems high is the lack of Contributor status for a guy who joined in 2015 and has 10,000+ posts.
cheap ****