• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your draft would have been what? Post them here.

I said the pick was a bust, and I did think he was injury prone base don his size. Yeah, I was off by a mile. Stick to politics Ark, you're better at it.

You'd be right if his injury had been related to his size. it wasn't though, which is the flaw in your case.

I said the pick was a bust, and I did think he was injury prone base don his size. Yeah, I was off by a mile. Stick to politics Ark, you're better at it.

you also said a certain safety we drafted would be a bust due to his head size, the distance between his head and the ground, the dude's hair preventing him from having a helmet that fit and a whole host of other bullshit about Troy Polamalu.

So when you opine about draft picks, those of us who remember your pissing all over 43 before he got on the field, take your bullshit as bullshit. Kudos on Jason Peters and the ******* punter you continue to masturbate over, though.

as Heinz said...

tumblr_nh3o0eyW5A1sj4xr4o1_500_zpsgr6gsl08.0.gif

and since you want to harp on Senquez ******* Golson for some reason...

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/07/5-things-to-know-about-raiders-new-cb-senquez-golson/

Though Golson stands at just 5-foot-9, he had 16 career interceptions at Ole Miss and was voted as a First Team All-American after his senior season.

Golson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 seconds at the NFL combine, and he also posted a 33.5-inch vertical jump. At Ole Miss, Golson typically played off-man or zone coverage but is quick enough to play man in the slot if need be.

In 2012, Golson lettered in football and baseball at Ole Miss. He scored 13 runs and stole six bases for the baseball team and started 6 times on the football field in that time.

The Red Sox selected Golson in the eighth round of the 2011 MLB draft as a center fielder.

but you say
BarryCoachHorowitz said:
Golson did not LOOK good on film.

which ******* film were you watching? dude was balling out at Ole Miss. Maybe forward that to Lance Zeierlein?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/senquez-golson?id=2552264

Analysis

Strengths Outstanding competitor with plus ball skills. Production was off the charts in 2014. Had 9 interceptions and 16 pass deflections. Explosive through lower body. Instinctive. Can twitch and trigger to break on the ball. Can mirror in space and closes down passing windows. Plays with smooth hips and good balance. Can open hips to turn and run and has good top-end speed. Willing and effective against the run. Maintains leverage against the run and can disengage to make aggressive tackle when necessary. Has good eye discipline and can focus on his man and the quarterback at the same time.

Weaknesses Worked primarily in zone and off-man coverage. Needs to show NFL evaluators that he can get in a receiver's pocket and stay there from press-man. Might be considered too small to play outside in the NFL. Three of his four touchdowns allowed came against receivers 6-foot-4 or taller. Smallish frame combined with aggressive tackling could lead to durability concerns.

Draft Projection Round 3 or 4

Sources Tell Us "He has that love of football we look for. He turned down big money as a baseball player to lock in on football, and he plays with passion and with explosive talent." -- AFC South regional scout
NFL Comparison Brent Grimes

Bottom Line Golson has the twitch, ball skills and instincts to be an outstanding cornerback in the NFL. Despite playing so much zone in college, there is no reason to believe he can't transition to any coverage asked of him. He's well put-together, but his lack of height could force some teams to view him as a slot-only corner. Golson has Pro Bowl potential.

Needs are ILB and CB.
We could use depth at OLB (if they plan on going with Bud longterm. If not, we need to draft a starter in rds 2 or 3)
OG could get a pick if one slips.
WR? Maybe a late round guy. Same goes for RB.

No way we take a S. Doesn't make any sense.

Safety is a need to. Davis needs to be replaced.

Like I said before I'm okay with trading for Ramsey. He's worth our 1st and 3rd, then go ILB in round two. The defense would be SO MUCH better, even Superman would say so.

and since you want to harp on Senquez ******* Golson for some reason...

Analysis

Strengths Outstanding competitor with plus ball skills. Production was off the charts in 2014. Had 9 interceptions and 16 pass deflections. Explosive through lower body. Instinctive. Can twitch and trigger to break on the ball. Can mirror in space and closes down passing windows. Plays with smooth hips and good balance. Can open hips to turn and run and has good top-end speed. Willing and effective against the run. Maintains leverage against the run and can disengage to make aggressive tackle when necessary. Has good eye discipline and can focus on his man and the quarterback at the same time.

Weaknesses Worked primarily in zone and off-man coverage. Needs to show NFL evaluators that he can get in a receiver's pocket and stay there from press-man. Might be considered too small to play outside in the NFL. Three of his four touchdowns allowed came against receivers 6-foot-4 or taller. Smallish frame combined with aggressive tackling could lead to durability concerns.

Draft Projection Round 3 or 4

Sources Tell Us "He has that love of football we look for. He turned down big money as a baseball player to lock in on football, and he plays with passion and with explosive talent." -- AFC South regional scout
NFL Comparison Brent Grimes

Bottom Line Golson has the twitch, ball skills and instincts to be an outstanding cornerback in the NFL. Despite playing so much zone in college, there is no reason to believe he can't transition to any coverage asked of him. He's well put-together, but his lack of height could force some teams to view him as a slot-only corner. Golson has Pro Bowl potential.

^^^ What garbage! Golson has Pro bowl
potential, yet they say round 3-4. Lol. Okay, tell me where I can get a pro bowl corner in rounds 3-4 pretty please.

The man was short, light, a blow average leaper, and had short arms. I thought he was injury prone, and that was the case. On film he was burned by bigger WR's. A big time bust, and an over drafted player.

His un-drafted teammate in Hilton was much better. Sort of a make up for Colbert.

END.

Someone's a bit testy :) A good punter can help out a defense, and our needs that help. Golson was small, light, and not fast enough. He had major trouble with larger receivers. A bad pick. And while I'm on it so was Burns. The guy I wanted X Howard only made the pro bowl.

So ark who would you rather have Burns or Howard?

And while I'm still typing I have no faith in Boswell. He'll have to make several in a row to snap out of his funk. We likely go into the playoffs with a shaky kicker. And if he costs us, its on TOMLIN.

Coach this is the PM you sent me.....I'll reply in the forum since I don't know what the purpose was to send it as a PM. Mods let me know if it isn't appropriate.

Coach said:
Good Morning Ike,

The guy I wanted for punter made the pro bowl and would have saved us over a million on the cap. Do you still prefer M. Allen in round five? No spinning facts, just reporting them :) Be a man and admit I was correct.

As for look at me, that is not my true intention, but I did look at my page. I have over 12,000 views and 10,000 posts. When your page count view exceeds a large posting amount, I think you have it backward, THEY are looking at me by choice.

We'd better win today.

-Coach

First, you seem to think this punter is your golden ticket to Willy Wonka's factory. That he is the cure for much of the maladies that have occurred. Lets look at this from a rational perspective rather than through your agenda mentality.

Dickson's stats:

G GS Num Yds Avg Lg TB In20 OB FC Dwn Blk Net Ret RYds
15 0 71 3,429 48.3 69 4 27 14 10 12 0 43.8 31 238

Berry's stats:

G GS Num Yds Avg Lg TB In20 OB FC Dwn Blk Net Ret RYds
15 0 58 2,564 44.2 69 4 24 5 23 11 0 38.9 15 226

The rookie punter on 13 more punts is averaging 4.1 yards more per punt (at 4.9 Net) So less than 5 yards....
The rookie punter on 13 more punts has 3 more punts inside the 20 than Berry....
The rookie punter on 13 more punts one more downed punt and they are tied in Touch Backs
The rookie punter longest punt of 69 yards is the same as Berry's longest punt.
I will add, Berry's return unit gave up a TD. Dickson's unit hasn't. GOOD JOB!!

You ask me if having a punter with Dickson's numbers or a 6'2 218 box safety (Allen), I will pick the safety EVERY time. Unless the next Ray Guy comes along, I'm not drafting a punter. They are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable, just like kickers. Using that flyer pick (which are 5th round picks) I would rather have a player with tangibles. Someone who could provide impact and contribute (sooner than later if he can adjust to the NFL faster than normal). You never know when you can get a Darren Perry type player.

You keep harping on salary savings. Just like you keep slobbering over the wasted Bell money the club could have used in season. There were no viable FA's to use the money and in actuality is was smart by Colbert to just let Bell's contract hit to decrease until it counted all towards next year. That 14 mill will be more useful in FA or to resign more of our guys than to find a rent a player. There were no DB's ILB's or Punters to give you the joy that you think you know more about front office strategy than the professionals who've done it since you were in grade school.

So I will be an honest man and say you aren't correct. What I will say....and its been said often. Its your opinion. Nothing more. Not this clairvoyant ability you feel you have or soothsayer mentality you think you allude to.

As for this quote from you...well I think it says all that has been reported on countless occasions. "...but I did look at my page. I have over 12,000 views and 10,000 posts. When your page count view exceeds a large posting amount, I think you have it backward, THEY are looking at me by choice.

Yes Coach, you would like to think WE are looking at you by choice. Not due to the fact that you need the attention for whatever frail ego you have, but rather you bring a sense of humor no other person can match. Well, except for Coolie....he wrote the book on board humor.

Last edited:
You're a better man than me Ike. I can't write much more than a sentence about a ******* punter. If I didn't see the back of our punter I wouldn't even know his name. I sure as hell wouldn't spend a draft pick on one.

You're a better man than me Ike. I can't write much more than a sentence about a ******* punter. If I didn't see the back of our punter I wouldn't even know his name. I sure as hell wouldn't spend a draft pick on one.

Ike's just a village idiot. His boy M. Allen, who I think was a reach can't even get a hat with our secondary.

Would Dickson, a pro Bowl punter be an upgrade over Berry and save us over a million on the cap per year? Yes. Ike doesn't watch. Things like hang time, the ability to covert on 4th down on a trick play ( Tomlin might like that ) and the ability to flip the field matter.

And by the way Ike, I'll compare Dickson's stats to Ray Guy's any day. Ray best year was 45.3 yards per punt. Dickson passes him easily as rookie at 48.3 yards per punt

Football is a game of inches. 5 yards a punt better matters.

End of story.

Ike's just a village idiot. His boy M. Allen, who I think was a reach can't even get a hat with our secondary.

Would Dickson, a pro Bowl punter be an upgrade over Berry and save us over a million on the cap per year? Yes. Ike doesn't watch. Things like hang time, the ability to covert on 4th down on a trick play ( Tomlin might like that ) and the ability to flip the field matter.

And by the way Ike, I'll compare Dickson's stats to Ray Guy's any day. Ray best year was 45.3 yards per punt. Dickson passes him easily as rookie at 48.3 yards per punt

Football is a game of inches. 5 yards a punt better matters.

End of story.

You will compare Dickson to Ray Guy any day? You call me the village idiot? I don’t know how old you are, but you definitely waived bye bye to education and common sense early in life. Particularly to conceptual analysis. You need a CAT scan to make sure you don’t have a tack hammer in your head.

And this “my boy” commentary. Where have I said I pimped him before the draft? I watched him in college seen his impact, and IMO (my own, not anyone else’s) think he has tangibles to perform in the league. He can’t get a hat in the secondary because we already have 4 safeties on the active roster. 2 which plays his role. He’s a future role player. You know like Keisel was, Parker, Harrison, your future HOF pick Chickillo. It’s just too easy showing how limited you are intellectually on the game itself.

You feel a 5th round player is a reach? I think you just proved your own stupidity to even greater levels than usual. Again, you provide so much humor to this board, even though you are a freeloader.

As for your depiction of punting acumen at the professional level, don’t waste your time or ours. You have been schooled on this topic by Cope alone more than a dozen times. If some of the other members from the past (yes, TMC in particular) were still posting on this forum you would be even a greater laughing stock than you are now. Oh yeah before you say it Coach. No, you were never right in any argument with TMC, he could discuss more about the game than you could even fantasize.

Take your punter and crown yourself the king of rookie punters who made it to the pro bowl. If he last 5 to 7 years I will give you credit then.

Staking your brilliance in a punter....,.hahahahahahaa

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Why would anybody tout a draft where they advocated taking a guy drafted in Rd 3 with a 1st round pick?

Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder and if you picked him in Rd 1 it would have been a horrible pick because you mis-read the market and vastly overpaid.