• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

You’re fired.

Does anyone else feel that it very strange that EVERY Democrat voted in favor of removing McCarthy?

If you have to give the Dems credit...they are a tight bunch that reads their memos from their fearless leader (whoever that is?), and follows the beat to that drum in unison..

So now the question is why did the Dems want to see McCarthy gone? Especially as some conservatives have stated that he was doing the bidding for the Democratic party while Speaker...

Strange days indeed...
They see it as an opportunity to Push Hakeem Jeffries to the speakership. Just my opinion.

They see it as an opportunity to Push Hakeem Jeffries to the speakership. Just my opinion.
I hear ya...but probably aint going to happen.

My point is if the Dems thought McCarthy was "user friendly" like Getz says he is....why would they ALL vote to give him the boot??

Now the Dems are looking at a Jim Jordan Speaker of the House.
I am certain they will all vote no on his appointment, if it goes that way.

My point is if the Dems thought McCarthy was "user friendly" like Getz says he is....why would they ALL vote to give him the boot??

And all the R's would vote no on Jeffries, or at least I would hope so.

From what I'm hearing McCarthy promised this group no more Ukraine funding as part of electing him Speaker. Word is, he did backdoor deals with the Dems to keep the Gov't open and continued funding of Ukraine. If that's true, then I'm all for kicking him to the curb. You can't constantly, constantly kneel to the Dems. McCarthy was afraid of the shutdown and would rather capitulate. Enough, he lied and did backdoor deals....DONE.

Both Gaetz and Jordan like to hear themselves talk. I think Gaetz is creepy and Jordan is confrontational, but what has he actually got done? The Dems are dumb for going along w/ the ousting both Gaetz and Jordan will not be as friendly to cross parties.

1cbdf670.gif
Ahhh. I hate politicians

And all the R's would vote no on Jeffries, or at least I would hope so.
Wouldn't be so sure of that. I can think of one that might flip. Could be others.

So Scalise dropped out of the running for the speakership. What a **** show. They are writing the book on how to lose an election.

The sad part is, there probably isn't a candidate that they'll all agree on because everybody seems to want their own thing. Republicans can't agree on ****, and it is going to cost them. Idiots.

**** 'em all Sarge. Every last one of them. They are all muppets of corporate America and nothing more.

The only way to fix this is to get all those that are NOT left or right extremists, to work together and elect a centrist.

I don't know enough about the protocol, but if they don't choose a speaker by a certain date, what happens?

Does the minority speaker simply slide into place? That would be the cherry on top of this clown show.

I don't know enough about the protocol, but if they don't choose a speaker by a certain date, what happens?

Does the minority speaker simply slide into place? That would be the cherry on top of this clown show.

That would most certainly make me go register as a libertarian and say **** all of these people! Bring on the commie government and let's just get it on.

Republicans can't agree, so they fail. Democrats can't agree either. Too many specialty groups under their tent. But they agree on retaining power. They win.

I like Matt Gaetz. I like most of my reps from Florida.

I definitely like people who stick by what they say they're going to do.
He's a Rino. Just like the ****-up from MT, Rosendale.

Get em both out. They've opened the door to let the Dems take back Speaker. ******* stupid, or just treacherous.

And in so doing, block it as Matt & Co. will vote with them again.

He's a Rino. Just like the ****-up from MT, Rosendale.

Get em both out. They've opened the door to let the Dems take back Speaker. ******* stupid, or just treacherous.

I would definitely disagree on the ring part. Buisness as usual has to end one way or another.

This is nothing compared to the next presidential election. Which won't be anymore legit in some states than the last election.

**** 'em all Sarge. Every last one of them. They are all muppets of corporate America and nothing more.
Yep. I’ve had enough of republicans and their stupidity. Just stupid after stupid on top of stupid. You would almost be convinced that they are trying to ensure that democrats take the majority in both houses in 2024. They are well on their way.

We desperately need a viable third party in this country because I see no appeal in voting for the two we have now. Not that my vote matters anyway.

Both Gaetz and Jordan like to hear themselves talk. I think Gaetz is creepy and Jordan is confrontational, but what has he actually got done? The Dems are dumb for going along w/ the ousting both Gaetz and Jordan will not be as friendly to cross parties.
The Dems want Hakeem Jeffries in that speakership. Can’t get him there by supporting the guy in that chair. Republicans keep ******* around, the Dems may just get their wish and shitheads like Gaetz will get what they deserve.

There is the Uniparty, and then a bunch of theatrics and manufactured crises to keep the dramatic tension between Dim and Repug supporters, so the Congressional workers can claim to be "doing their best".

What was the substantive difference between Pelosi and McCarthy? What is that differential between Schumer and McConnell?

They all seem far more similar than different, with very little noticeable difference.

The only point that I can recall as being substantive was Uncle Mitch on Scotus replacements. But everything else was industinguishable from Crying Chuck.

There is the Uniparty, and then a bunch of theatrics and manufactured crises to keep the dramatic tension between Dim and Repug supporters, so the Congressional workers can claim to be "doing their best".

What was the substantive difference between Pelosi and McCarthy? What is that differential between Schumer and McConnell?

They all seem far more similar than different, with very little noticeable difference.

The only point that I can recall as being substantive was Uncle Mitch on Scotus replacements. But everything else was industinguishable from Crying Chuck.
That’s what I’m saying. They could have fixed many of the problems this nation has faced 100 times over, but you can’t get rich fundraising off of unity and harmony. Gotta keep everyone sniping at each other, believing that their party is fighting for them when in reality they keep you enslaved by robbing you blind. They all say the same thing, they just use different words.