• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yuengling CEO Says Lefty, Anti-Trump Boycott of His Beer Fails

Spike

Reaction score
First Ivanka’s clothing line, now Yuengling.

Just prior to the presidential election, the owner of Yuengling beer Dick Yuengling, Jr. endorsed Donald Trump. Immediately, liberals called for a boycott of the company.

The New York Times wrote about the endorsement and questioned the wisdom of Yuengling’s statements, “Will a Yuengling Executive’s Endorsement of Trump Hurt Beer Sales?”

But according to the company owner, the boycott failed to harm his business. Yuengling joined a March 30, panel discussion at an event called "Meeting of the Malts VI" in Bethlehem, Pa.

Yuengling was crowned the top craft brewing company for the third straight year” for 2016 by The Brewers Association.

yuengling_brewery.jpg

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/bu...-says-lefty-anti-trump-boycott-his-beer-fails

-------------------------------

Beer Power!

10422361_10153605359035070_4244010.af2d4e92.fill-735x490.png

The Yinzer beer of choice. My go-to if I'm in a place without craft beer. Yuengling ain't really craft beer. Troeg's, Yards, Victory, and Erie is craft beer.

Reactions: MTC
But according to the company owner, the boycott failed to harm his business. Yuengling joined a March 30, panel discussion at an event called "Meeting of the Malts VI" in Bethlehem, Pa.

Libs forget there's more of us than there is of them.

Yuengling is clearly the greatest American beer.

Yuengling is clearly the greatest American beer.

Instead of greatest, I would insert "better than average".There are greater beers, like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale......and probably some of Wig's beers, as he would tell you..

Beer snobs are NOT welcome in this thread

just so U know

No need to be picky with alcohol. But I'm kinda living a dry life right now. So....

Instead of greatest, I would insert "better than average".There are greater beers, like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale......and probably some of Wig's beers, as he would tell you..

let's see these great beers put out something great at Yuengling's price point.

One can be a beer snob and still appreciate Yuengling. I'm proof.

Reactions: MTC
I'm drinking it right now....

Sorry beer sucks. These "boycotts" that enrich the target companies are awesome. Chick-fil-A, this really weirdly spelled beer company and many others have benefited from the acrimonious cries of doom pronounced by the MSM fed go alongs.

let's see these great beers put out something great at Yuengling's price point.

They can't. ...but so what. Geez. I'm surprised by all the butthurt over calling Yuengling an above average beer.

Sorry beer sucks. These "boycotts" that enrich the target companies are awesome. Chick-fil-A, this really weirdly spelled beer company and many others have benefited from the acrimonious cries of doom pronounced by the MSM fed go alongs.

No fair, I was gonna mention Chick-fil-A.

Then you have Pepsi who succumbed to irrelevant libtards over that recent ad by pulling it.

Last edited:

Not a fan of Sierra Nevada.

I drink Yuengling because I like it and the Tampa Yuengling Brewery is 2.5 miles from my house.

One can be a beer snob and still appreciate Yuengling. I'm proof.

Yuengling is my favorite mass-produced beer.
Was at the county GOP dinner last night where beer selection at the banquet hall was limited. I tried a Weyerbacher Tarte Nouveau that I didn't care for, after that I went with Sam Adams. They had Yuengling also.
Pittsburgh Home Brewing Society is having their annual judging tonight in Oakdale. I'll be there barring getting called to work, made an early morning trip to Presby for a new customer already. We're entering six beers and stouts.

Beer snobs are like music snobs. No matter what beer/band you mention as being good, they must list a bunch of obscure "superior" alternatives that 95% of people have never heard of nor care about. It shows that they have discriminating taste.

Last edited:
Beer snobs are like music snobs. No matter what beer/band you mention as being good, they must list a bunch of obscure alternatives that 95% of people have never heard of or care about to show that they have discriminating taste.

+1 ^^^^^^

I feel the same way about wine snobs. And feel the same way about their discussions about it. It should be "If you like this, you may like this other beer. Try it out some day." Instead, it's often "You like that?? Have you ever tried Dog Butt Testicle IPA? It's SSSooooo much better!" Translation: Your taste sucks, you're an oaf.

Can't get Yuengling out here, so it's usually Sam's, Alaskan Ale, or Kilt Lifter.

When I'm back in PA, my bud has a refrigerator in the basement that's stocked full of it, and I do my best to help him make room in that frig.

I support American companies now in my beer drinking and proud of it. I've always liked Yuengling as my every day beer. It's got a simple, strong lager flavor and isn't high in alcohol content so if I have 3-4 at an afternoon party I don't feel guilty about driving the kids home. In Delaware I can buy cases of bottles at COSTCO for $16.99. The savings I get from buying my beer at COSTCO every year pays for my membership (I go through about 20 cases a year).

After that, for treats or when I'm out (because I'm not the hugest fan of Yuengling on tap - a bit flat at times), I stick to local microbrews IPAs or just Pale Ales. The big one here in Delaware is Dogfish Head, which I think makes the best IPA I've ever had with their traditional IPA 60 Minute. I can also get that by the case at COSTCO, but that's a treat at $30.00/case. I probably buy 2-3 cases of that a year to treat myself. In the big picture, I'm probably almost paying for the same amount of alcohol because Yuengling is 4.4% alcohol by volume. 60 Minute IPA is 6.0% ABV.

At this point in my life, I know what I like. I like hoppy beers, IPA's, pale ales, etc. from local microbreweries. I don't stray too far from the hoppy flavor profile. I don't like dark beers or fruit beers or anything not served in a pint glass. I stay away from EVERYTHING owned by AB-InBev and by Molson/Coors (Miller) now. Those are just monster companies that I want no part of. Even some of the "local" microbreweries are now part of their umbrellas so you have to check sometimes.

If I could recommend anything it's just stay local. There are even cheap beers that are local and often much better than the Bud/Miller/Corona profiles. When it comes to beer, there are so many ways to support small American companies there is almost no reason not to do it.

At this point in my life, I know what I like. I like hoppy beers, IPA's, pale ales, etc. from local microbreweries. I don't stray too far from the hoppy flavor profile. I don't like dark beers or fruit beers or anything not served in a pint glass. I stay away from EVERYTHING owned by AB-InBev and by Molson/Coors (Miller) now. Those are just monster companies that I want no part of. Even some of the "local" microbreweries are now part of their umbrellas so you have to check sometimes.

I'm the same way. Dogfish Head 60 Minute is real good, the 90 Minute is even better but awful pricey here. I refuse to drink the cloned Rolling Rock since they were bought by InBev and moved to New Jersey. I mostly buy Pennsylvania-made beers because when you drink as much as I do it helps the state economy. (Just kidding, I don't drink as much now since I got the Beetus.)