• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

$0 spent in advertising to become president

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

Look, I don't understand politics much at all. But I do understand marketing, promotions, and advertising.

Clinton has spent $52mil on advertising this year. The Donald has spent $0. This has never happened before in politics, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with a business strategy over trying to become a president.

Hear me out here. I've watched the Donald for over a decade. I was a HUGE fan of The Apprentice. I'll get into my Apprentice theories later, but now, I'm dealing with Donald the businessman. His show was all about branding and making money. This election cycle, he has successfully branded himself and increased the value of the Trump brand while creating a Presidential fund in 8 close to 9 digits. Why isn't he spending it?

Maybe, just maybe, he has no intentions of wanting or becoming the president of the US. If this is the case, the Trupeters and GOP have just been taken for a ride by a shrewd businessman. Maybe he wants to keep all of his campaign funds and laugh his way all the way to the bank, while contending the system is broken, and rigged against him (when it isn't), since he doesn't want to be president. By arguing this way, he still gets to build his brand by becoming the winner that the country had to screw over so he would never be president.

So even if Trump loses the election, he still wins his campaign fund as well as the hearts of the Americans that believed he could make a difference, even if he had no intention of leading them...

BWAhahahaha - ads aren't votes - ask Jeb! - he spent $150 Million and Trump spent $0

TRUMP RALLY IN Fort Lauderdale, Florida (8/10/16)

CpikFLIWcAAgKLP.jpg

Cpi7Wy_VMAANjft.jpg

CpiYoReWgAEm2Tp.jpg

I have always been against campaign-finance reform. The reason for this is campaign-finance reform is actually an attempt by the left-wing MSM to control political information to the general population. Donald Trump may have found a way around that, by couching his message and out rages terms and trading on the fact that he was already a household name.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

Look, I don't understand politics much at all. But I do understand marketing, promotions, and advertising.

Clinton has spent $52mil on advertising this year. The Donald has spent $0. This has never happened before in politics, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with a business strategy over trying to become a president.

Hear me out here. I've watched the Donald for over a decade. I was a HUGE fan of The Apprentice. I'll get into my Apprentice theories later, but now, I'm dealing with Donald the businessman. His show was all about branding and making money. This election cycle, he has successfully branded himself and increased the value of the Trump brand while creating a Presidential fund in 8 close to 9 digits. Why isn't he spending it?

Maybe, just maybe, he has no intentions of wanting or becoming the president of the US. If this is the case, the Trupeters and GOP have just been taken for a ride by a shrewd businessman. Maybe he wants to keep all of his campaign funds and laugh his way all the way to the bank, while contending the system is broken, and rigged against him (when it isn't), since he doesn't want to be president. By arguing this way, he still gets to build his brand by becoming the winner that the country had to screw over so he would never be president.

So even if Trump loses the election, he still wins his campaign fund as well as the hearts of the Americans that believed he could make a difference, even if he had no intention of leading them...

I agree. He wanted to place 2nd in the primaries but he faced crappy competition and his ego keeps him going. He knows how to win a news cycle. He did it in the primaries for his benefit and now he does it with stupid comments to make sure he doesn't take a YUGE paycut by actually becoming President. Remember, he really thinks Hillary is great and will be a good President.

Ha ha - Open your eyes - he NAILS Hillary and Obama!

LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP
LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP

Trump holds his campaign rally in the BB&T Center, home to the Florida Panthers, to a packed house!

trump-fort-lauderdale-5.jpg

The only thing propping her up are the lying media and fatcat beltway insiders that are afraid to lose their gravy train.

Hillary can't fill a high school gym with more than 100.

Maybe he wants to keep all of his campaign funds and laugh his way all the way to the bank, while contending the system is broken, and rigged against him (when it isn't), since he doesn't want to be president.

This doesn't make any sense ? First..while I'm not versed on campaign finance laws, I'm pretty sure you can not spend that money on personal stuff. Second, he already has spent something like $40-50m of his own money on this campaign.

Why would he risk breaking the law to lose money on something he doesn't want, just to increase profits on an already successful enterprise ?

Goin-Gold-NRD-600.jpg

Nice theory. But an exit right now would actually devastate his brand.

Nice theory. But an exit right now would actually devastate his brand.

I think staying in will also devastate his brand. So he's got options, none of them will have a positive effect on his businesses. He's ****** and he knows it. Hence the increased insanity of his comments. I think we'll be seeing full meltdown mode in the very near future, if we're not already there.

This doesn't make any sense ? First..while I'm not versed on campaign finance laws, I'm pretty sure you can not spend that money on personal stuff. Second, he already has spent something like $40-50m of his own money on this campaign.

Why would he risk breaking the law to lose money on something he doesn't want, just to increase profits on an already successful enterprise ?

I had to look it up, and you're right. Since 89, you can no longer use your campaign money on personal expenses. You can however use the money for future campaigns or to support someone else's campaign. So instead of buying financial freedom with campaign finances, you can buy influence. And that goes a long way for a guy that knows how to negotiate deals in his own favor.

I had to look it up, and you're right. Since 89, you can no longer use your campaign money on personal expenses. You can however use the money for future campaigns or to support someone else's campaign. So instead of buying financial freedom with campaign finances, you can buy influence. And that goes a long way for a guy that knows how to negotiate deals in his own favor.

Or you can funnel the money to yourself through businesses

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-trumps-campaign-cycles-6-million-into-trump-companies-2016-6

Followed by launching a network:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-me...trump-considering-media-company-launch-224423

Hildebeast would know all about that.

LOL, JonBoy..I played golf with a Progressive Union Democrat today and in casual conversation he told me what a liar Trump was. Hey, I'm no big Trump junkie but it kind of amused me that he would be slamming Trump while supporting lyin' Hillary. He even said that "Trump was far the most guilty of being a liar between the two..by far....I'll send you the proof!"

I got some research to do beinz I haven't heard anything of the kind. Must be watchin' the wrong shows, I guess. I'll find out when I can get in there and dig a bit but this is bizarre to say the least. Aughta be amusing.

aa429f40333f3f372a298c9d8d548989.jpg

Vgm56BS.jpg

He better start or he will get waxed. I have no idea what he thinks he is doing. I'm donating my share and I'd like to see him reach into his pocket and level this ******* ad playing field a bit.

He better not be counting on the same "visceral feeling" Bush thought would sway the electorate against Billy. Americans are not that aware. You have to work doubly hard as a Republican candidate to succeed, given the headwinds of the liberal media.

Suck it up and work hard, *******. Lot of **** on the line here.

Americans are not that aware. You have to work doubly hard as a Republican candidate to succeed, given the headwinds of the liberal media.

And there you have it. I heard a lawyer friend of mine say, " the press made Trump and now they will take him down". It also shocked me to find out how far behind the Trump team was in organizing and getting their message out. No wonder the Dems believe Trump is the anti-Christ, that's all they hear.

I'm also finding that they believe him to be the worlds biggest liar because the left turns his bombastic exaggerations into world ending prognostications and nobody bothers to clarify his real meaning. I don't think anything about most of his comments because I am of the same ilk, I exaggerate and swim against the stream of political correctness too so I don't think anything about it until some Libtard goes berserk about it. Even then I may need someone to explain wtf they are bitchin' about because they have twisted the whole thing so out of whack.

Here is what the left calls stupid comments and will twist into lies later but for now we are told that they are just stupid beyond belief. Maybe I'm the idiot but while some are what I call bombastic, I don't see stupid. Count em for me huh ?

This kinda says it all......

comedy-channel-news.jpg

Last edited:
52 million dollars to 0 dollars and all the Clinton campaign along with 97% of the media and GOPe can show for it is....

ELECTION ABC LIVE POLL: Who Are You Voting For?

Donald Trump (68%, 58,086 Votes)

Jill Stein (15%, 12,613 Votes)

Gary Johnson (11%, 9504 Votes)

Hillary Clinton (6%, 4720 Votes)

http://abcnewsgo.co/2016/08/abc-live-poll-who-are-you-voting-for/#respond

BWAhahahahah

This cycle is just about as frustrating as the last one, where Mitch Milktoast clobbered Obama in the first debate and then seemed to take a dive in the next two. Really seemed like a fixed fight. He showed he could beat him if he wanted, then took a dive. Obama let him. There was no fight in the Chicago kid in that first debate because he knew. He let him have that one. This feels the same way. I know literally nobody who would vote for Hillary, and yet it feels like The Donald is giving it to her somehow.

Last edited:
Big Rallies do not = votes either. Just ask Bernie. I watched a few talk shows this morning and even trump supporters acknowledge that they are behind. If you do not believe Trump is in serious trouble then you are delusional. He can not fake his way to the white house and even supporters can not clarify his comments. I have seen one maybe 2 ads against clinton but they were not from Trump. Trump better learn about some foreign countries quickly or Clinton will make him look like a total fool in debates. I do not feel Trump is taking this seriously or putting in the proper effort. Since he announced he was running he has not seemed to learn much about politics or taking the initiative to really learn about foreign countries. His ISIS speech tomorrow should be interesting.

It's like the NFL. One win and your going to the SB, a terrible loss to a bad team ahh they aren't going away where. He is biding his time. I envision mad trump ads/press when it gets closer.

You guys remind me of Iraqis who took Bahgdad Bob seriously. Our media is just as dishonest. Trump won this election in the first primary debate when he raised his hand and said **** you to the establishment. It's not even going to be close.

And again, if you think your pissant hoity toity 3rd party vote will actually mean something, it won't. Trump is the only candidate who can beat Hillary. If you don't vote for him you are voting for Hillary and the death blow to America. That is no lie.

Unless you're a hardcore Berntard who is going to vote for Jill Stein. That works too.

Last edited: