• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

12 States move to ban gas vehicles by 2030 nationwide

I'm really disappointed in some of you. Facts should never stop woke progress! Just make electric cars, smurfs and rainbows, and it will all work out correctly soon!

What did they teach you in school?

I wonder if this will drive liberals out of those states and infect others. Pun intended.

Who stands to profit the most from all the batteries?

If there was a way to safely unload a vehicle's spent bank of batteries and then load a fresh bank of charged batteries at a futuristic "filling station", that might work for those who need to travel long distances. Probably not a realistic solution though.

What happens when you get into an accident in an EV? Does battery acid get all over everything and everyone?

I just read that Chevy has killed the Z06 Corvette because 2024 emissions laws are an obstacle too difficult to surmount.

Muscle cars and the like are all but dead in 2 years.

I just read that Chevy has killed the Z06 Corvette because 2024 emissions laws are an obstacle too difficult to surmount.

Muscle cars and the like are all but dead in 2 years.
iu

Damned hippies...

No more battery acid!!

Its more like spurtin' jizz
Ewwww. Guess that's why Supe has been so damn busy lately.

I'm heading down to the battery plant...Back in a little while...I need to get my eyes checked before I come home. I think I'm going blind
-Supe

Why do you think 1 generation is entitled to all the oil? Future generations will likely need some and having some could be a national security issue eventually. Seems like we should be doing everything today, that will preserve resources for the future.

Why do you think 1 generation is entitled to all the oil? Future generations will likely need some and having some could be a national security issue eventually. Seems like we should be doing everything today, that will preserve resources for the future.
It would be awesome if the left could ever come to one clear consensus on WHY they propose radical changes. Seriously, is it the green initiative...if so, that has noting to do with rationing or preservation. Is it preservation for future generations, because our reliance on petroleum has been on the decline for a while now. Does the US have the ability to actually produce and supply the materials necessary for electric vehicles and batteries? Guess we will just circle back on that too. Typical liberal bullshit, grand ideas and fantasies with no real plans on how to actually accomplish anything.

You are a moron. This may be one of the dumbest posts you have made, and that is a tough win.
Oil has been used in the US for 150 years, and big companies have literally controlled most of the production since the 1880s.

You are a moron. This may be one of the dumbest posts you have made, and that is a tough win.
Oil has been used in the US for 150 years, and big companies have literally controlled most of the production since the 1880s.
I thought Henry Ford was dead. ;)

Bwhahahahaha...... if they do that just build a wall of the millions of unusable cars in a circle around their houses and let them sit in a prison of their own obtuse stupidity
Yup. This ban won’t feasibly last

You are totally ignoring the pure physics that says this is a disaster waiting to happen. It can’t work. Not unless you build Nuclear plants galore and reinvent the battery and charging science.

It would be awesome if the left could ever come to one clear consensus on WHY they propose radical changes. Seriously, is it the green initiative...if so, that has noting to do with rationing or preservation. Is it preservation for future generations, because our reliance on petroleum has been on the decline for a while now. Does the US have the ability to actually produce and supply the materials necessary for electric vehicles and batteries? Guess we will just circle back on that too. Typical liberal bullshit, grand ideas and fantasies with no real plans on how to actually accomplish anything.
Facts are irrelevant. Emotion can overcome physics apparently.