• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2014 Draft Re-Cap

steelbush

Reaction score
I think Tomlin and Colbert finally hit on a few players. Tuitt and Bryant will be solid starters for years to come. I love Shazier's speed but he hasnt shown me enough to know if he was worth the pick. After seeing his first preseason game (INT and numerous tackles) I fell in love with him, unfortunately that was the last time I was impressed with him. If we could do it all over again, knowing what we know now, I would have taken Zack Martin even though it wasnt a need. Martin is an absolute horse on that Dallas OL.

ReCap of other players that were talked about on this board constantly....

Mike Evans: I really wanted him, pimped him to no end, however he was drafted before are pick so the point is mute.

Justin Gilbert: Last I knew he really struggled and was replaced by an undrafted rookie mid way through. Taken before our pick.

Kelvin Benjamin: I believe he is the real deal however I think Martavis Bryant can be just as good.

Darqueze Dennard: 17 total tackles, 1 sack....unimpressive. Not much playing time.

CJ Mosely: Played great and will be a force to be reckoned with on that Ravens D for years to come.

HaHa Clinton Dix: 66 tackles, 28 assists, 1 sack, pretty solid.

Kyle Fuller: 51 tackles, 13 assists, and 4 INTS. Great rookie year and showed he could be a shutdown corner in the future. Taken before our pick.

Those are pretty much the guys we talked about consistently for our pick. If Shazier turns out to be a good LB, Tuitt and Bryant continue to impress, and we get anything out of Dri Archer and Dan McCullers I would consider our draft very good and will help solidify this team going forward.

CJ over Shaz isn't looking good early........................

The same was said last year about Lacey and Leveon Bell. I suggest we give it another year and then take a look at it.

true

Shaz was hurt some

I think he has more upside than Jarvis...........

I know its only been one year but I for one am glad we didnt go with CB....both Gilbert and Dennard didnt do ****. How bad are they if they couldn't contribute on those defenses?

^^^^ never mind on Gilbert I forgot he went before our pick ^^^^^^^^^

I think CB should be addressed in free agency and not the draft...unless there is a cant miss guy when we pick which is highly unlikely. I think its just too much of risk in the first round on a CB. I know there's risk with every position but I think QB and CB are probably the hardest positions to draft. Busting on a first round CB would set us back even further. I say we keep McCain and Blake, get Cortez's head on straight, and maybe shoot for a CB in round 3. We need to get a pass rusher, maybe a couple.

I know its only been one year but I for one am glad we didnt go with CB....both Gilbert and Dennard didnt do ****. How bad are they if they couldn't contribute on those defenses?

Browns fans are done with Gilbert already. Most of them are ready to cut him.

If they are like most Steeler fans they don't know anything about football either.

you think little of Steeler fans huh?

I actually think a solid amount of posters here know their football.........