• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sharks will target Letang just like every other team has this season....he has to keep his cool and Geno needs to stop taking dumb penalties. This team has been amazing all year or at least since Sullivan got here at showing maturity and not retaliating and going mental ala the flyers series a year or so back. They can't blow that now.

Letang's temper tantrum has contributed to wins/loss columm somewhat. I'd say yea, he needs to keep his cool. Same with Geno. I
Think Washington and Tampa should be tougher opponents than the Sharks, so if the Pens stick to their game. Winning

I just don't think San Jose has the speed the Pens have

For getting hurt and giving Murray the keys ?

Firstly, I hope I am wrong.

I just think that Duck Dynasty is going to come out shelling the young net minder, and it will force Sully to pull him. Flower will take the reins, and not look back.
Very possible.

Real life

Cjn8BC1XIAApI_D.jpg

Last edited:
Malkin faces down the press mobs on Media Day

Cjo5umUXAAAj8rj.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Malkin: "The team just works unbelievably. We believe in ourselves. I feel confident."

CjpANkHWgAEqQNs.jpg

Pittsburgh PenguinsVerified account
‏@penguinsMurray: "The entire city is behind you. It's cool. I was walking down the street and some guy high-fived me."

My prediction. Pens in 7.
Not a shocker. ..right? But...........

The Constantine Falkland Cary Smythe Trophy goes to. .......wait for it. ......

Mark Andre Fleury.

Yep.

No chance the back-up goalie comes into the finals, plays 4-6 games, wins 4 and gets Conn Smythe.

If Pens win, it is Murray, Crosby, Phyllis (gulp) and Rust with an outside chance.

If Sharks, it is Couture, Thornton, Pavelski, Burns or Jones. Not many defensemen win this award, and Burns is very intriguing.

I will watch other teams play hockey and only watch the Steelers play football. I'm gonna assume you're a football first guy. I'm hockey first

I'm a football gal. But I must say, for me, there is absolutely nothing like watching a Game 7 of a Penguins playoff series. It is the most stressful and exciting sporting event, IMO. Just knowing that any shot, any rush, can produce the deciding goal. It can come out of nowhere. No other sport really has that. In basketball, they score constantly. In football, there are so many stoppages of play, you can rest. You just can't rest while watching playoff hockey. It is exhausting. LOL

I'm a football gal. But I must say, for me, there is absolutely nothing like watching a Game 7 of a Penguins playoff series. It is the most stressful and exciting sporting event, IMO. Just knowing that any shot, any rush, can produce the deciding goal. It can come out of nowhere. No other sport really has that. In basketball, they score constantly. In football, there are so many stoppages of play, you can rest. You just can't rest while watching playoff hockey. It is exhausting. LOL

Hockey does get crazy. Despite the stoppages of play in football. I think catching a deep ball gets pretty intense

Wheeling Nailers are beating the Allen Americans btw 7-1 end of the 2nd. Signifigance? Wheeling is the minor league hockey affliate for the Pens---while Allen is the sharks. Kelly Cup Finals. Thats like the Stanley Cup for the ECHL. Gotta support the boys in the minors too

Too close for comfort. Nailers survive the game 7-6. Conservative playing

Where do you watch those games

I follow them on ECHL's official streaming. Not recommended cause you have to pay. I've followed them the past two seasons. Fun to watch at times. Idk if they show them surrounding the local area. From my understanding I know Wheeling does broadcast games on their local networks. I'm not sure of the Pittsburgh area to be honest

Like the Pens, change in coaches this season. When Sullivan got called up to Pittsburgh, WBS took Wheelings original coach. Dave Gove kept them up for the spring. Dont know why he took a leave of absence but Coach Christian got Wheeling through the playoffs, took the South Carolina Stingrays(caps affiliate) to a game 7--now Wheeling is in the finals for the first time since 1993. If you're a hockey fan then sure, check them out

No chance the back-up goalie comes into the finals, plays 4-6 games, wins 4 and gets Conn Smythe.

If Pens win, it is Murray, Crosby, Phyllis (gulp) and Rust with an outside chance.

If Sharks, it is Couture, Thornton, Pavelski, Burns or Jones. Not many defensemen win this award, and Burns is very intriguing.

Yeah, Phil Kessel. No way he can be a Conn Smythe, He sucked in Toronto.

Firstly, I hope I am wrong.

I just think that Duck Dynasty is going to come out shelling the young net minder, and it will force Sully to pull him. Flower will take the reins, and not look back.
Very possible.

Burns is concussion prone, Thornton doesnt age as gracefully as Cullen. The beards and whacky personality bring more attention than so. I'm not to worried. The Caps and Tampa were a lot more of a test than the Sharks. If it makes you feel better, Sharknado was a crap *** movie. The Pens weathered the lightning---sharknado will be a breeze in the summer while wearing a kilt(commando of course) Bold prediction---> Pens in 5

Yeah, Phil Kessel. No way he can be a Conn Smythe, He sucked in Toronto.

Nice come back Hamster. Phil has been far from a head case in Pittsburgh as far as I'm concerned. I don't live in Pitt. So I don't know how he is with the local media....but Phil has been what the Pens needed. Of course it helps to have Bonino and Hagelin on the same line. Two very underrated players. Speaking of underrated players---Kunhackle(sp?)---that kid can play

Nice come back Hamster. Phil has been far from a head case in Pittsburgh as far as I'm concerned. I don't live in Pitt. So I don't know how he is with the local media....but Phil has been what the Pens needed. Of course it helps to have Bonino and Hagelin on the same line. Two very underrated players. Speaking of underrated players---Kunhackle(sp?)---that kid can play

It seems as though the line on Phil is that e saves his best for the playoffs. But how was Toronto supposed to find that out?
To answer your question, Kessel generally avoids the media........which probably is perceived as some sort of arrogance. But I think he is just a private guy, and on the shy side. I can understand why his stay in Toronto was probably a living Hell for him. In Pittsburgh, he doesn't have to be that face of the franchise, and that lesser role seems to suit him well.

Gotcha. He was kinda the star on Toronto. Boston? Dont recall him being a jerk there. You're right, the lesser role plays to his advantage. I think he's turned on another gear for us. I still think this team has another gear to switch. Let's Go Pens!

Wheeling Nailers are beating the Allen Americans btw 7-1 end of the 2nd. Signifigance? Wheeling is the minor league hockey affliate for the Pens---while Allen is the sharks. Kelly Cup Finals. Thats like the Stanley Cup for the ECHL. Gotta support the boys in the minors too

Nice..I bought a Jacksonville Lizard Kings hat at the Johnston Memorial when J-Town had an ECHL team...

Is the Lizard Kings still in J-Ville?

BTW--cool *** logo is why I bought the hat for my sports hat collection.

Nice..I bought a Jacksonville Lizard Kings hat at the Johnston Memorial when J-Town had an ECHL team...

Is the Lizard Kings still in J-Ville?

BTW--cool *** logo is why I bought the hat for my sports hat collection.

Are the Lizard Kings still around? A lot of the minor teams struggle for $$$. ECHL is damn fun to watch too. I know the Florida Everblades are in the ECHL. I like the Nailers logo too. I bought a few hats and a shirt from their store. Another thing I like about the ECHL is the teams get involved with their fans. Wheeling does the stars wars, steelers nights. Flat screen fridays, frosty fridays etc. Only way to watch them out of market is the leagues online streaming. Recommended at the start of the season, now---no too much money for a few games lol. Anywho onto topic. It would be nice to see both the Pens and Nailers win their cups. Nailers are tied 1-1 in the series. Such an ugly third period though

Lundqvist, Holtby, Vasilesky, Jones.

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong..........

In that Jones isnt a great goalie. He's good. But not what the Pens faced throughout the playoffs

Kings and Blues were lumbering pylon teams that didn't score a lot, Preds played a faster tempo and took them to 7 with Neal as their sniper weapon.

I like our chances - Pens in 4!

Every game ends 6-5 in OT!

In that Jones isnt a great goalie. He's good. But not what the Pens faced throughout the playoffs

Tampa's goalie was the only reason the Pens didn't have 3 or 4 blowout wins in the series. As long as the Pens can play their style, they are going to put pucks in the net, but I do hope Jones isn't as strong as the goaltending we've seen so far.

It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh!
With 100% more Kessel!
The Cup is in sight!

Last edited:
Kings and Blues were lumbering pylon teams that didn't score a lot, Preds played a faster tempo and took them to 7 with Neal as their sniper weapon.

I like our chances - Pens in 4!

Every game ends 6-5 in OT!

Predicting a sweep?!---lol I wanted too cause I like our chances as well

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.