• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down to the wire. Pens deserve the win.

Good series Ark, thanks for talking hockey. A lot of respect for you guys. I still hate Callahan and Boyle but I would've rooted hard as fock for you guys if you advanced. Rebuild and win next season. Jon Cooper has you guys on the right path. Good hard fought series. Refs did ruin it somewhat for both sides. But damn---took a Game 7

What a ride! Even though he wasn't tested all thag much, Murray stood tall and I think we can all agree that there should be absolutely no goalie controversy going forward. The pipes belong to Murray. Good all around game tonight and I'm so ******* happy it didn't end with heartache. The fact that they couldn't bury some of those though had me a little uneasy and thinking that Tampa was going to do enough to get it to go their way. Especially that sequence near the end with bonino and Lovejoy. But, as has been the case throughout this exciting season, they found a way to prevail! Spit shine your shoes, Pittsburgh! The Pens are going dancing with Lord Stanley!

Washington and Tampa tested Murray quite often. The kid is composed. Give credit to Sullivan's coaching though. He turned these guys around and got them this far. They bought in and believe. Hoisting Lord Stanley would be the icing on the cake for this season. But win or lose, to see the Pens come this far is amazing! Steeler Nation made this hockey season fun. Hope we can win it for the adversity. Helluva ride

Washington and Tampa tested Murray quite often. The kid is composed. Give credit to Sullivan's coaching though. He turned these guys around and got them this far. They bought in and believe. Hoisting Lord Stanley would be the icing on the cake for this season. But win or lose, to see the Pens come this far is amazing! Steeler Nation made this hockey season fun. Hope we can win it for the adversity. Helluva ride

Its very reminiscent of when Dan Bylsma took over mid season.

Way to go Pens! Man, Vasilevskiy is incredible. If it weren't for him this series would have never gone 7 games.

On a side note we get to listen to how much bigger faster and better the Skarks are for 4 days now. Its already started.

Why do you have to be such a jagoff? You are qouteing me from two days ago before game 6. Lots has happened since then. Many folks here and other places were already calling for flower. Others were saying stay with Murray. I was just trying to make a point that Sully was in a tough spot. I have no idea what your point is.

You said: "Play Murray again and everyone would ***** that they should have played Fluery because he was healthy."

My point is simply that this wasn't a correct statement, since by your admission above, many of us would have been perfectly happy (and therefore wouldn't have bitched) had Sullivan stayed with Murray. Not sure why that makes me a "jagoff."

Why do have get your panties in a bunch and call somebody a stupid name when they've asked you a legitimate question?

In any case, it should be a great series against the Sharks. LET'S GO PENS!

Last edited:
RUSTY!

That game should have been 7-1

I'm spent. **** me, that was intense

It'll be interesting to see how the Sharks deal with the Pens, since the Pens play a style they haven't really encountered yet. I watched the Shark's series, St. Louis was basically the anti-Penguins

100% more Kessel!

VzacibC.jpg

Last edited:
RUSTY!

Exactly. Vassy was exceptional. The SH guy......not so much. Jones has had his problems, and St Louis really didn't test him. It will be different this series. He will need a lot of help from his blue line. Offensively, they have weapons, but we will have to smother them, as well.

This will be a showcase for 2 different styles of play. Should be interesting.

Kudos go out to TB for a great series. They are a helluva team, and well coached. Glad to see Stamkos back. Hopefully he is past his health issue.

Wooooo! Listened to it on the radio. That last minute took forever. I liked Borkie's cheesy line, Bolts don't like Rust.

Congrats Pens!!!! True to form, I didn't watch, and they won. I plan on doing the same for the Stanley Cup. I'll get my updates on my ESPN app. Yeah, I'm very superstitious,,,,

RUSTY!

I'm spent. **** me, that was intense

It'll be interesting to see how the Sharks deal with the Pens, since the Pens play a style they haven't really encountered yet. I watched the Shark's series, St. Louis was basically the anti-Penguins

100% more Kessel!

VzacibC.jpg

He has only one more series to **** up the Pens season. Hardly enough time for even an elongated sulk....I hope I have to eat my words.

Sharks will be tough....the Pens are playing great defensive hockey in front of their young goalie, and transitioning so quickly. If penalties are not a factor, there should be a lot of open ice rushes....best goalie wins!

Crosby was all over the place. He needs to learn how lift the buck on his backhand. He had 2 open nets if he could have lifted the puck over the goalies pads and he buried both low in the pads both times.

Melrose is already saying the East has no chance against the West. I guess we shall soon see.

The Sharks have a strong power play. I don't think they can and will not match the Pens speed. Do I expect an easy series? Eh maybe. Sharks are good. But outside of their bearded guys and Ward they just dont wow me. The Pens all playoffs have faced solid goaltending. The Rags, Caps and Bolts had guys in net better than Jones. Caps had better lines than the Sharks. I'd take Backstrom, Ovie, Oshie over Duck Dynasty and Paul Martin any day. The media claims the Sharks are fast, but we played and were faster than the Bolts.

No hate on San Jose but I stand by my Pens in that we will win
With 100% more Kessel

Crosby was all over the place. He needs to learn how lift the buck on his backhand. He had 2 open nets if he could have lifted the puck over the goalies pads and he buried both low in the pads both times.

Melrose is already saying the East has no chance against the West. I guess we shall soon see.

**** Melrose

I'm still giddy from last night. So proud of this team to prove me and others wrong. In Nov and Dec, this team was a damn mess, but the turnaround has been epic. They made me love to watch hockey again. The ride has been like a damn roller coaster and I hate roller coasters. Every series is tough and tougher.
The Sharks will be the final and ultimate test. I'm hoping they are just happy to be there, but I'm sure they will bring it every shift.

No need to apologize. Didn't realize you had to be an NHL coach to criticize one. As I said earlier, I like Sullivan. I think he's a solid leader. I agreed with almost every single move he had made this season, until his complete and inexplicable lineup decision collapse for Game 5. However, as I'd hoped, he quickly righted the ship for Game 6 and started the right people. Now there's no margin of error, but they've just got to win one game on home ice with momentum. Should be a great game.

I hate to disagree with yet another one of your opinions, but replacing Sheary with Bennett most definitely did not provide the team with more speed.

You said: "Play Murray again and everyone would ***** that they should have played Fluery because he was healthy."

My point is simply that this wasn't a correct statement, since by your admission above, many of us would have been perfectly happy (and therefore wouldn't have bitched) had Sullivan stayed with Murray. Not sure why that makes me a "jagoff."

Why do have get your panties in a bunch and call somebody a stupid name when they've asked you a legitimate question?

In any case, it should be a great series against the Sharks. LET'S GO PENS!

It's not about disagreeing it's about being disagreeable. You are. **** it.......Let's go Pens.

Wooooo! Listened to it on the radio. That last minute took forever. I liked Borkie's cheesy line, Bolts don't like Rust.

Borkie mighta stolen that..........was a sign in the crowd with that or similar wording. Still good stuff though.

I posted on FB yesterday morning "I've been telling everyone Rust is special since they called him up.......he's going to become more and more so." I'm like.....nostradumbass.

Video of the 2nd period should be posted on every hockey site in the world as a clinic on how to use an energetic, possession forecheck to cover for your D. Absolute, complete and total dominance.

Ark- GREAT series man...I like TB quite a bit, and like I told you before round one, didn't really want to play them. Yeah you guys are set at G as hopefully are we. Good run.

Last edited:
i have nothing, but respect for TB and their team. They are a snake in the grass that creeps up on you and before you know it, you're bit and dead. No flash, no dash. Just solid attack. They will get their 2nd Cup soon. They're too good, young and deep NOT to get back to the ECF. To be honest, they scared me more than WASH and I was very leery on playing the President's Trophy winners. It was a helluva series and it may sting now, but TB shouldn't have lost by a fluke goal. They deserved better.

Way to go Pens! Man, Vasilevskiy is incredible. If it weren't for him this series would have never gone 7 games.

On a side note we get to listen to how much bigger faster and better the Skarks are for 4 days now. Its already started.

I agree. Not a huge NHL guy, but Pitt's D blocks a lot os shots, which helps out the mediocre goaltending.

Bryan Rust impressed me with his skating and speed.

This team has come a long way in a matter of months..

Rutherford deserves tons of credit!
His fingerprints are on everything about this team.

Go Pens!

Penguins vs. Sharks......an all aquatic Finals!

BTW...Rust = Notre Dame strong!

i have nothing, but respect for TB and their team. They are a snake in the grass that creeps up on you and before you know it, you're bit and dead. No flash, no dash. Just solid attack. They will get their 2nd Cup soon. They're too good, young and deep NOT to get back to the ECF. To be honest, they scared me more than WASH and I was very leery on playing the President's Trophy winners. It was a helluva series and it may sting now, but TB shouldn't have lost by a fluke goal. They deserved better.

I agree with most of what you said, but the Pens were the superior team overall and definitely deserved to win. Some of the placement of the shots Tampa hit were 1 in a 1000 shots. Like their goal yesterday the guy was spinning around and kinda blindly fired and hit the far top corner. It was a great shot, but I think that is kinda fluky as well. The Pens seem to have success against the west so I think we have a good chance to take it, but Im sure it wont be easy.

You watch this series and you have to wonder how Vasilevsky was on the bench. The guy was the reason his team was in it every game. The Bolts have a tough decision there. If there is an expansion draft, I don't expect him to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.