• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with Melrose and his hate for the Pens? Did he interview here at one time and get turned down or what?

Sorry in advance if this is a repeat (and I know, it's not worth a hell of a lot come playoff time), but:

Nov 21
Sharks won 3 - 1 at Pitt

Dec 1
Penguins won 5 - 1 at SJ

Both games played BEFORE Sullivan was hired (12/12/15)

How crazy to note that before that win in SJ, the Pens have never won at the Shark tank since 1997. If this season is any indication, it's been about getting a monkey off their back. Lundqvist, Tampa, Game 7's at home. I like the Pens chances

I agree with most of what you said, but the Pens were the superior team overall and definitely deserved to win. Some of the placement of the shots Tampa hit were 1 in a 1000 shots. Like their goal yesterday the guy was spinning around and kinda blindly fired and hit the far top corner. It was a great shot, but I think that is kinda fluky as well. The Pens seem to have success against the west so I think we have a good chance to take it, but Im sure it wont be easy.

i'm not taking a thing away from the Pens win. They totally deserved it. I'd hate for the Pens to have lost on such a fluky goal. That would suck to harp onto for all summer. The Pens played a near flawless game last night. I can't wait to see how they measure against SJ. Another batch of stressful night in front of the tube!

Last edited:
Melrose does take me back some 20+ years ago to ESPN's hockey night with Darren pang, Al Morganti, Steve levy and those guys. Those were my college years so I miss that. I don't really miss Thorne and Clement though.

My prediction. Pens in 7.
Not a shocker. ..right? But...........

The Constantine Falkland Cary Smythe Trophy goes to. .......wait for it. ......

Mark Andre Fleury.

Yep.

My prediction. Pens in 7.
Not a shocker. ..right? But...........

The Constantine Falkland Cary Smythe Trophy goes to. .......wait for it. ......

Mark Andre Fleury.

Yep.
For getting hurt and giving Murray the keys ?

The whole secret to getting to the Final was to not play MAF

It's us against the world

CjfNxtyWgAEeMS-.jpg

In actuality, probably 95% of that green don't care or even know who's playing. Shame, too, because the playoffs have been really entertaining so far. (At least the Pens games have, I don't watch other teams.)

In actuality, probably 95% of that green don't care or even know who's playing. Shame, too, because the playoffs have been really entertaining so far. (At least the Pens games have, I don't watch other teams.)

Which perfectly describes that 95% of the rest of the country doesn't care.

Which perfectly describes that 95% of the rest of the country doesn't care.

Meh. I will watch other teams play football. Just can't get interested in hockey unless the Penguins are playing. I understand how most of the country feels, I guess.

It's not about disagreeing it's about being disagreeable. You are. **** it.......Let's go Pens.

You obviously can't argue the fact that Sheary is indeed much faster than Bennett, so rather than admit you were wrong, it's easier to call me "disagreeable." Cool.

LET'S GO PENS!

Meh. I will watch other teams play football. Just can't get interested in hockey unless the Penguins are playing. I understand how most of the country feels, I guess.

I will watch other teams play hockey and only watch the Steelers play football. I'm gonna assume you're a football first guy. I'm hockey first

You obviously can't argue the fact that Sheary is indeed much faster than Bennett, so rather than admit you were wrong, it's easier to call me "disagreeable." Cool.

LET'S GO PENS!

Sheary is a lot faster than Beau. I think Beau played his last game in the NHL. The guy could've been something decent but injuries. The Pens are fine with Sheary and he provides not just speed but puck control as well

I think Beau used to be faster, but has slowed probably due to injuries....right now the pens speed is amazing. The only flaw I see are guys like Hagelin and bonino need to control it a little better. I think they get going so fast that they are a bit out of control which makes finishing more difficult. The one series Bonino had a ton of chances but could not quite finish the play.

I think Beau used to be faster, but has slowed probably due to injuries....right now the pens speed is amazing. The only flaw I see are guys like Hagelin and bonino need to control it a little better. I think they get going so fast that they are a bit out of control which makes finishing more difficult. The one series Bonino had a ton of chances but could not quite finish the play.

HBK line always creates chances. I do agree. Especially Hagelin. Rust is finally controlling the puck more as well

LET'S GO PENS!

Dude.......let it go. This thread was pretty cool until you bandwagoned in at the end of the semi ******* finals and managed to convince two different people you were a jagoff in like 3 posts. I never ever said Bennett was faster than Sheary.........quit being a disagreeable ****.

The Sharks will target Letang just like every other team has this season....he has to keep his cool and Geno needs to stop taking dumb penalties. This team has been amazing all year or at least since Sullivan got here at showing maturity and not retaliating and going mental ala the flyers series a year or so back. They can't blow that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.