• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no size, and we just get pushed around. Lovejoy just gets pushed back into Flower.......for their third goal. So, what do we do....we trade for a 5-11 defenseman. Great.

another lazy and uninspired effort got crushed by the Crapitals

I wouldn't say lazy or uninspired. The team did play with a little more enthusiasm. Gotta face the fact that the Pens are a small team

Rutherford has made this team small and easy to play against. No identity and I doubt there is a coach that will get this team on the right track. They played better in spots tonight, but still can't score. Their D is horrid. Kessell, I have no clue why he is here. Hornquist and Perron are ghosts. I think Sid should get a vacation and MAF needs rest.

Daley scored 16 G last year and is supposed to be very good at moving the puck up ice.....been the QB of the PP before. Letnag won't have to drag the guy around the ice like he did with Scudes.....

Pens needed someone to do this for awhile. Yeah he's not a big guy, but Scuderi wasn't exactly feared, nor is lovejoy, so.....a wash there.

He could very well be a top 2 pair leader. I'll take it......

As for last night's game, I have to give some credit to the Pens effort but much more to the craps goalie.

Oh, and **** tj oshie.

I wouldn't say they got crushed, more like some bad puck luck.....one hops over Hornies stick in front of an open goal, and Flower got pinned against the pipe by his own guy on the wrap around....but I agree they miss a big D-man back there.

I like the trade.

Well, at least they're listening to me

Pittsburgh Penguins trade Rob Scuderi to Chicago Blackhawks for Trevor Daley

Daley, 32, the Penguins get a player who is four years younger and should provide a bit of a boost to the struggling Pittsburgh blue-line corps. Daley is more of a puck-mover than Scuderi, and the Penguins need that.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...e-rob-scuderi-chicago-blackhawks-trevor-daley

Pieces falling into place on paper. Damn these guys look sloppy against Boston. Confidence is lost too easily. The team needs leadership and bad. The talent is there. I thought they looked good against the Caps. I wonder how this game would be with Letang and Fluery

Letang, Fleury, Bonino and Bennett.......same **** different day for the Pgh. Pens injury bug........

I'm writing this season off. Think the new coach should too...........just tell everyone to have fun and play their best hockey and see what happens. Take the pressure off and see who's worthy of the C, who should stay, who should move on, etc. Make it clear that no one plays if they don't give every shift 100%.....regardless of name or stature.

Liked what I saw from Sherry (sp?) and Daley for the most part but this team is just a train wreck right now.

Hard to believe how fast this team regressed. They looked terrible last night.

Spanked and Humiliated. Boys among men

I turned it off after B's scored the first goal - Pens are going nowhere, they look like ****.

Sid can half-*** every game for the rest of the year, I don't care if he don't.

At this point, I'd rather watch WBS. With the current payroll and "talent", if they can't turn it around by the trade period, I'd start the fire sale. It may be time to re-build. I'd start with Rutherford and work my way through to the org. I think this team is damaged beyond repair. Besides Sprong, Maata and MAF, I'd listen to serious offers. They are painful to watch.

Letang, Fleury, Bonino and Bennett.......same **** different day for the Pgh. Pens injury bug........

I'm writing this season off. Think the new coach should too...........just tell everyone to have fun and play their best hockey and see what happens. Take the pressure off and see who's worthy of the C, who should stay, who should move on, etc. Make it clear that no one plays if they don't give every shift 100%.....regardless of name or stature.

Liked what I saw from Sherry (sp?) and Daley for the most part but this team is just a train wreck right now.

I think Sheary. He was the only one playing with heart. I think Malkin wants to be the leader but is giving up on this group. Daley got up in the offensive zone fast. This team might be done sadly :(

There is still a lot of hockey. Maybe they prove us wrong. I really dont know

Maatta, Flower, Malkin, Bennett, Sheary, Daley.

Stil play with effort. Keep this guys. Everyone else needs a damn wake up call
Bring up Pouliot. Who hasn't been drunk in public at his age and his profession?

I haven't gotten to see much of them this season but it seems like every game I do get to watch, they just flat out stink. Little spurts of effort followed by flat spells that seem to last whole periods. Malkin is the only real star on this team. Crosby has been a shell of his former self this season from what I've seen. I've said it before but it would not bother me if he was traded. I know it'll never happen, but that's how I feel. Even when he plays well in the regular season, he shrinks come playoff time. And I don't think he's captain material.

I'll just stick with the Wild.

Pens are a sorry lot. It reminds me of the year before Mario was drafted, how awful they were then.

This is a poorly constructed hockey team. Ian Cole.....a bum. Matt Cullen......a bum. Thank God we got rid of Scuds. Bonino....a bum. Then you have the support staff nowhere to be seen...........Horniquist, Perron, Lovejoy, Plotnikov, Kunitz. We have perrennial injuries....Bennett, Letang. And we have youngins with no experience....Sprong and the rest of the WB crew. Then we have the superstars underachieving..hello.....Sid......where are you? Kessel, did you forget how to hit an open net?

This team has no size, and gets pushed around by bigger teams. Our puck handling and passing sucks, so you can't say we are a skill team. The power play is a zero, unless you like a lot of passing, until it is stolen.

I don't see any upsides, unless the superstars catch fire. Maybe the new coach can right the ship.

Beyond that, there isn't much to like about this team.

This is a poorly constructed hockey team. Ian Cole.....a bum. Matt Cullen......a bum. Thank God we got rid of Scuds. Bonino....a bum. Then you have the support staff nowhere to be seen...........Horniquist, Perron, Lovejoy, Plotnikov, Kunitz. We have perrennial injuries....Bennett, Letang. And we have youngins with no experience....Sprong and the rest of the WB crew. Then we have the superstars underachieving..hello.....Sid......where are you? Kessel, did you forget how to hit an open net?

This team has no size, and gets pushed around by bigger teams. Our puck handling and passing sucks, so you can't say we are a skill team. The power play is a zero, unless you like a lot of passing, until it is stolen.

I don't see any upsides, unless the superstars catch fire. Maybe the new coach can right the ship.

Beyond that, there isn't much to like about this team.

When Phyllis begins her pout, you'll be able to tell from Tennessee.

Kessel isn't a problem at all, in fact, he's one of the few still giving a full game effort.

Sid being stuck with two offensive blackholes in Perron and Kunitz doesn't help....he's about the only one still going to the net...but these clods can't get it to him

I really enjoy the fact that our 2nd power play unit is now better than the #1....and Lovejoy is our #1 defenseman. No wonder.

Wild did ya'll a favor and put a little tattooing on the Rangers last night. A 5 - 2 no doubter.

There's two points you'll never need to account for.

At this point, I'd rather watch WBS. With the current payroll and "talent", if they can't turn it around by the trade period, I'd start the fire sale. It may be time to re-build. I'd start with Rutherford and work my way through to the org. I think this team is damaged beyond repair. Besides Sprong, Maata and MAF, I'd listen to serious offers. They are painful to watch.

Keep Malkin too. He works, a little t o prone but good effort and when he's hot he's hot. Edgy too.

Kessel isn't a problem at all, in fact, he's one of the few still giving a full game effort.

Sid being stuck with two offensive blackholes in Perron and Kunitz doesn't help....he's about the only one still going to the net...but these clods can't get it to him

I really enjoy the fact that our 2nd power play unit is now better than the #1....and Lovejoy is our #1 defenseman. No wonder.

I know you don't like Kunitz but the dude is the only hitter on the team......and he does camp in front of the paint as much as anyone.

I get arguments when I say this team needs an enforcer or two because of how the Pens lost their collective minds a few times and went mental taking bad penalties in the PO's., etc. but this team is diminutive. Watching them play Boston was sad.....there is NO ONE tough or feared on this team....Kunitz is a hitter but not big. Having an enforcer doesn't mean Sid has to go apeshit (and cause the rest of the team to follow.) In fact it should mean the opposite. I don't like seeing Geno fight.....I do, but I don't, ya know?

I agree that there needs to be a complete rebuild and wouldn't mind seeing Sid leave at this point as long as the return is "adequate."

I know you don't like Kunitz but the dude is the only hitter on the team.....

If Kunitz was getting paid 2 mill or so and in the bottom 6, I'd almost never complain about him.

Why he keeps getting top line minutes is beyond me....he's Sid's favorite son is all I can think

What we need is scoring...more shuffling

Pens Inside Scoop @PensInsideScoop
Sheary is skating with Crosby and Kunitz. Rest of the lines: Perron-Malkin-Kessel, Plotnikov-Bonino-Hornqvist, Sprong/Porter-Cullen-Fehr

You don't need an enforcer. Just players doing the job they are paid to do. The rest will take care of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.