• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel G

Reaction score
Really sucks about Duper, but here's to his long standing health. Hope he has many, many healthy and happy years with his family. Such a great guy.

As for this Pens team. Can't get a bead on them at all this year. They are just.....so mediocre.

Spike

Reaction score
The Duper era is over. Sad to see.

Yep - he had many good years - he was fun to watch

So, maybe we got some cap room now

Trade em Scuds!...bring back Bort!

Blues defenseman Robert Bortuzzo was a healthy scratch Tuesday and he will be again Thursday for the 12th time in the last 17 games.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens played a decent 3rd period in Denver. Beau is looking good this season

Stillers

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about PD.
Tough news, but hopefully he has a long, healthy life ahead of him.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Just like to add, that firing was about a month late.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Just like to add, that firing was about a month late.

Never should have been hired in the first place. You could foresee this ending the instant the move was made.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought they should have hired John Hynes rather than Johnston, but that ship has sailed. Sullivan had WBS off to an 18-5 start tops in AHL,and they were in the top 3 in both goals for and goals allowed per game. Hope he can bring some of that to Pittsburgh.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
We'll see......has to be a disciplinarian. Hope he is but I still maintain that there's but one man who would command the respect of the 'super stars" and he aint interested.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Sullivan will do well in Pittsburgh. I really do. I am still not sure why Tocchet is still in town with the 27th ranked PP, unless they are blaming Johnston for that too. Gets a tough first test straight out of the gate in Washington. Hoping for an improvement.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully a wake up call. Johnston was too soft a coach. Hope Sullivan toughens the grown up Pens up a bit

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The future of this team is nothing without an identity. They have sloppy passes, weak boards, and no heart. I just hope the new guy gets us some moxie. It's hard to watch.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Sullivan will do well in Pittsburgh. I really do. I am still not sure why Tocchet is still in town with the 27th ranked PP, unless they are blaming Johnston for that too. Gets a tough first test straight out of the gate in Washington. Hoping for an improvement.

Hope so. The team needs some discipline no doubt. There are flashes of it some games. But hope this guy can really set a tone and make this a proud organization again

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
If nothing changes and Sullivan is fired, that is essentially 3 coaches this crew has ended. It will be time to start moving players. Something is wrong, and as much as firing Johnston might help, Pens fans need to face the reality that it might just be time to blow this thing up.

Ideally, Sullivan would show up, pull the C and the A's and make players earn them. Send a message and get it going.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
If nothing changes and Sullivan is fired, that is essentially 3 coaches this crew has ended. It will be time to start moving players. Something is wrong, and as much as firing Johnston might help, Pens fans need to face the reality that it might just be time to blow this thing up.

Ideally, Sullivan would show up, pull the C and the A's and make players earn them. Send a message and get it going.

I've been saying for 2 years now that it's time to break up the band. Either Crosby or Malkin needs to go. In the past, I had been pretty critical about Malkin, but now I wonder if Cindy isn't the real problem there? Has always been a real cry baby. I'm not sure what, but something is going on there with him. I think it's time for a change of scenery.

Rod Farva

Reaction score

I've been saying for 2 years now that it's time to break up the band. Either Crosby or Malkin needs to go. In the past, I had been pretty critical about Malkin, but now I wonder if Cindy isn't the real problem there? Has always been a real cry baby. I'm not sure what, but something is going on there with him. I think it's time for a change of scenery.

Tough to face isn't it? been thinking (and posting) along these lines myself for awhile.....and part of the reason(s) I keep saying Mario would be the only guy that could save this unit (maybe Babcock but that's over).
When you add in the players and or cap space that would be created by moving someone of stature it becomes a little easier to swallow. Doesn't mean there wouldn't be riots in the streets.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe it is Sid. Malkin can spark the team and get players to rally. Sid has been on a rapid decline since his concussion in '10. He's still a good player but not feared anymore. Crosby isn't a leader and a captain this team needs. He needs to be demoted to Alternate and if he whines sit him down. Make a statement early, perhaps call up a couple of Dmen from WBS and spark an attitude

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Tocchet is still in town because he's Mario's buddy.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
This team is too good to be where they are. A drastic change was necessary and the Head Coach is prime for that action. Timing is kind of weird, yes it need to occur much earlier in the season as they've been flat as the ice surface for some time.

Bad move when they let Mike Yeo leave the org. Look at what he's got going there. It's a similar situation. A speed and skill based team with several star type players. They play a solid defensive game and allow the offense to thrive off of it. The young D-men are thriving in the system and they each contribute up front as applicable. Lots of puck movement and fancy passing but the Wild are not flat like the Pens are.

Sullivan should be good for this group.

Spike

Reaction score
Mike Sullivan Named Head Coach of Pittsburgh Penguins

“I felt it was time for a coaching change because our team has underachieved,” Rutherford said. “Our expectations are much higher with this group of players."

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

----------------------------------

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG

Early Twitter reaction to Mike Johnston's firing seems mixed. Some fans are thrilled, others are delighted.

woo-hoo!

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Bad move when they let Mike Yeo leave the org. Look at what he's got going there. It's a similar situation. A speed and skill based team with several star type players. They play a solid defensive game and allow the offense to thrive off of it. The young D-men are thriving in the system and they each contribute up front as applicable. Lots of puck movement and fancy passing but the Wild are not flat like the Pens are.

IIRC, weren't people ready to run Yeo out of town because of the power play?

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Scuderi traded to Blackhawks. For Trevor Daly.

Can this team get smaller?

Last edited:

Scott T

Forefather
Reaction score
another lazy and uninspired effort got crushed by the Crapitals

Spike

Reaction score
Totally out-manned

why is Perron still on this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.