• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and Thank You Toronto!

CkzJ0RJWEAAR2uJ.jpg

WE know Phil was the real playoff MVP...but it's nice for Sid to get his

Alcohol talking ;)---seriously though. Shout out to all the teams the Pens played this post season. Wasnt easy by any means. Steeler Nation---this was damn fun ride with yinz

Gretzky was traded to the kings on August 9th, 1988, as every Canadian knows. What game was 3 days later?

Oops,sorry you are right. It must have been his first appearance in Vancouver as a king. In my defense,it was a long time ago,with many Molson Canadian beers eroding my brain cells since then.

Congratulations Pens!!

Congrats to the Pens!!!! AWESOME!!!!

So please explain what the hell Mario is wearing.....and why Crosby got the Conn Smythe.

I'm still in disbelief that Kunitz passed up the WIDE OPEN net for an extra pass to Malkin.

Ha......he was kicking himself on the bench after that.....

Oh, and Thank You Toronto!

CkzJ0RJWEAAR2uJ.jpg

WE know Phil was the real playoff MVP...but it's nice for Sid to get his

Yeah, I was a tiny bit surprised, but it's all good!

Alcohol talking ;)---seriously though. Shout out to all the teams the Pens played this post season. Wasnt easy by any means. Steeler Nation---this was damn fun ride with yinz

'Deed it was fun...........and the best part is there is every reason to believe they will be very much in the hunt again this year!

Congrats to the Pens!!!! AWESOME!!!!

So please explain what the hell Mario is wearing.....and why Crosby got the Conn Smythe.

Leadership.........he's matured seemingly overnight.

Kicked *** on ice.....now let's kick *** on the turf too! Let Stanley and Lombardi hangout together again!!
And while were at it....how about the Pirates bring home a Championship as well.....to complete the tri-fecta!!

I thought marios jacket reminded me a bit of the mayor's look in Jaws. Maybe he was stating that he owns Shark city!

Can't believe I was able to wake up at 6 lol. What a night! I usually don't watch the full post game celebrations, but had to last night. Really happy for these guys, they deserved the Cup.

Same here. Had a little hangover. Feel better now. Lol. Damn! Stanley Cup Champs!!!

Thank God I have Mondays off.

Enjoyed this thread with you Yinzers this year. Now the challenge is to our Steelers to bring home the Lombardi THIS year.

Talk soon. Go Pens!!!!

Reactions: MTC
what a season....eh?

I watched at least 95% of the games this year....what a ride.

the way the vets mixed with the kids and the motivation from Sully was something to see....in the run to the playoffs, they beat the snot out of some teams, it was fun to watch.....then, see ya Rags, **** you Ovie, and Tampa....Tampa was good.....

I thought the Sharks played top flight hockey....other than the greasy goals, they just didn't get some puck luck when they needed it....very good team.

and it's a team game....the Penguins figured that out, and fooled around and won a Cup.

looking at the roster, there could be more.

Steelers?...maybe....don't hold yer breath on the Bucco's, they're done.

Thank God I have Mondays off.

Enjoyed this thread with you Yinzers this year. Now the challenge is to our Steelers to bring home the Lombardi THIS year.

Talk soon. Go Pens!!!!

Good for you. Hope you got to enjoy the win better than me lol. I felt like crap this morning. Again though, worth it. Awesome talking hockey with you and everyone else as well. Damn, sure was fun guys! Great end

Congrats to the Pittsburgh Penguins organization from top to bottom!

Perfect example of what can be accomplished within an organization when everyone is "rowing in the same direction"!

Yinzers get "spoiled" some more....and I LOVE IT!!

I am mostly pleased... The only thing im kicking myself over is i honestly had a vivid dream of a shark being eaten by a penguin before these playoffs and jokingly said it was a sign that the pens would beat the sharks in the finals.... Why didnt i bet on that just for fun lol? I even picked it in six... Sooo dumb...

If you want to have a good read, start at the beginning of this thread and read it through. It is an absolute chronicle of this amazing season, from shoddy start to SC Champ.

Sidney Crosby has cemented his legacy of one of the game's greats.He was a consummate leader, and world class performer. He is a worthy Conn Smythe winner.

If you want to have a good read, start at the beginning of this thread and read it through. It is an absolute chronicle of this amazing season, from shoddy start to SC Champ.

Sidney Crosby has cemented his legacy of one of the game's greats.He was a consummate leader, and world class performer. He is a worthy Conn Smythe winner.

Haha! Did just that earlier. I was stubborn and refused to give up on Johnston. I still think if he showed a greater authorative figure he'd be a decent coach. What seperates Sullivan from Johnston and Bylsma however was Sullivan utilizing the younger, speedier guys to compliment the vets. The speed really helped the Pens forechecking and when the Pens forechecked aggressively, they really dominated games. Now reflecting back on the season. First off, this was the best championship team to follow in my short life. I've never had that privilege of seeing the Steelers of the 70's. And given the historical statistics this season, the Pens overcame a lot of obstacles.
-Early playoff exits. The Pens not only dominated but they chased a HOF goalie out the building
-Shark tank---Before this season, the Pens never won a game in SAP arena since 1997. Now our boys lifted some type of curse and lifted Lord Stanley too
-Phil Kessel---No doubt a playmaker, who many talking heads in the media questioned regarding his work ethic. Sure he isnt the fitness poster child. But the guy plays with intensity and steps up when you need him
-Daley---Scuderi for Daley---best damn trade in the history of history
-Sid---I am not gonna lie. I questioned Crosby's leadership when the team was down. Let's face it. Our boys were playing uninspired hockey, not into drama. So maybe Johnston wasnt it with the guys. But Sullivan rejuvinated Sid's passion. I believe Sid won the Conn Smythe trophy based on votes from his teammates

Again---Steeler Nation---You guys made hockey season a damn fun one this season. A lot of passionate fans no doubt. Happy for all of us to see these guys raise Lord Stanley. We toughed this out when the season got tough. 12th place to Champs. Proud as ****. Anywho booze break finally. Losing some damn beer weight and let's get behind the Steelers for 7th Lombardi

[video]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=i+need+bonino[/video]

I don't believe I missed a game this year......what a season. This team is gonna be pretty damn hard to beat for a long time. Thanks for the memories Pens (and SN). It was fun......I have a hell of a hockey jones going now.

Better line up some trade partners for Fleury - we can't protect two goalies in the expansion draft

NHL settles on Las Vegas for expansion

The NHL is ready to roll the dice on Las Vegas.

A person with direct knowledge of the NHL's decision says the league has settled on Las Vegas as its choice for expansion, provided organizers can come up with a $500 million fee.

The person spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because details have not been released by the league ahead of its Board of Governors meeting on June 22 in Las Vegas. Quebec City was also considered for expansion.

A second person who had been briefed on the decision said Las Vegas was a "done deal" following the recommendation of the NHL's executive committee.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f665...9c6/ap-source-nhl-settles-las-vegas-expansion

Better line up some trade partners for Fleury - we can't protect two goalies in the expansion draft

NHL settles on Las Vegas for expansion

The NHL is ready to roll the dice on Las Vegas.

A person with direct knowledge of the NHL's decision says the league has settled on Las Vegas as its choice for expansion, provided organizers can come up with a $500 million fee.

The person spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because details have not been released by the league ahead of its Board of Governors meeting on June 22 in Las Vegas. Quebec City was also considered for expansion.

A second person who had been briefed on the decision said Las Vegas was a "done deal" following the recommendation of the NHL's executive committee.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f665...9c6/ap-source-nhl-settles-las-vegas-expansion

i like MAF, but sure up the team a bit and get something for him while we can. Murray is young and the future. He will get better, too.

Reactions: MTC
Status
Not open for further replies.