• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they morons? For wanting to see the first championship raised in the city since 1960? For having an experience of a lifetime? Dumb comment.

It was a CHANCE for that. I guarantee you there was much buyers remorse leaving Consol last night and many people who either can not afford or would not even consider buying a ticket for game 7.

I wouldn't be surprised if the prices are less for game 7 than than they were for game 5.

It was a CHANCE for that. I guarantee you there was much buyers remorse leaving Consol last night and many people who either can not afford or would not even consider buying a ticket for game 7.

I wouldn't be surprised if the prices are less for game 7 than than they were for game 5.

Doesn't explain why they are morons. There is always a chance that a team loses, but it's not like they HAD to buy those tickets. No way Game 7 will be cheaper as the lowest available ticket is over $1250 right now.

eh, just was not meant to win it in the Burgh. Jones stole it! Nothing else to say. The Pens peppered him with 40+ shots. If the Pens continue to play relentless with their attack, they will get goals to go in. Get it done on Sunday! All the pressure is on SJ. The Pens have to match it.

Agreed. Pens need to transition their wingers for rebounds. Jones moves side to side a lot. Bonino had him beat. Those opportunities haunt us. I still see the Pens winning this damn series. Wanted it over last night but I prefer to raise that in the enemy building. Lol

Plum High School, so I'll leave it to you to guess which of the young hotties are having sex with their teachers. (It's gotten so bad that Plum HS has become a local joke.)

Let game 5 serve as a lesson to the morons who shelled out $1,000+ for a ticket.

Lol. Morons. First of all it was a great game. Yeah the pens didn't win,but c'mon it was nonstop action for awhile there. Jones was great....much respect there in a do or die game. If a fan wants to shell out 1000$ for something that has never happened before that is their business. Being there for a cup hoisting is priceless,I am jealous. If you think the prices will go down for a game 7......I mean really?

Toughest cup to win in all of sports,they will bounce back. Try finding a CBC hockey Canada feed,if you don't like NBC broadcast. I mean you can't even compare the two.

Let game 5 serve as a lesson to the morons who shelled out $1,000+ for a ticket.

Shouldn't a person be allowed to decide how to spend the money the government allows them to keep?

Also, with Murray's record of bounce back wins, no way you change now.

Keep Murray in net. The Pens played a good game overall. Took the refs and puck luck to beat our boys. Not gonna doubt these guys under Sullivan

This. A little air under the puck and the game is tied. I believe had that happened, the Sharks fall apart and the Pens win it. Truly a game of inches.

And **** the refs!

Pens had a ton of opportunities. It's just about putting them in the net. Pens will get 'em sunday. If not then game 7. I just think the Pens are the better team. We all see it here and the guys over at LGP see it too. It's 1 loss. Still up in the series though

First of all it was a great game. Yeah the pens didn't win,but c'mon it was nonstop action for awhile there. Jones was great....much respect there in a do or die game. If a fan wants to shell out 1000$ for something that has never happened before that is their business. Being there for a cup hoisting is priceless,I am jealous. If you think the prices will go down for a game 7?

I know it was a great... well, first quarter, I watched on TV for free.

I wasn't certain tickets would be cheaper, but it wouldn't have surprised me. If you had a ticket or four, would you turn down $1,250 a piece for them? I surely would not.

Shouldn't a person be allowed to decide how to spend the money the government allows them to keep?

Sure, but unfortunately if they spend their money on stupid **** and file for bankruptcy, the government also has laws to protect them.

I know it was a great... well, first quarter, I watched on TV for free.

I wasn't certain tickets would be cheaper, but it wouldn't have surprised me. If you had a ticket or four, would you turn down $1,250 a piece for them? I surely would not.

Complete opposite. If I had tickets, no way I'd ever consider selling them. Being at the game for the experience is worth much more than a few extra grand in my book.

No chance Fleury starts

Complete opposite. If I had tickets, no way I'd ever consider selling them. Being at the game for the experience is worth much more than a few extra grand in my book.

Exactly. I remember as a kid watching the village of Vancouver (as described by the ABC commentator) whitecaps beat the mighty New York Cosmos. Going to a hockey game during the Calgary Olympics. Vancouver Canucks playoff hockey. My buddy,a huge 49er fan inviting me to the conference finals between the Cowboys and the 49ers in those two heydays in the pouring rain at candlestick. And later on in life taking my eldest son,a huge Steeler fan ( gee I wonder where he got that from) to a game in Pittsburgh against the NY Jets.

Coming from Vancouver ,this " moron" fan spent a little more than 1000$ believe me. And I will spend my money any frigging way I want to.

Keeping the tradition of hoisting the Cup in the other team's building is just fine by me.

Aren't we about due for a 6-1 blowout win?

Keeping the tradition of hoisting the Cup in the other team's building is just fine by me.

You would think but I have been saying for weeks now this team is overdue to blow the opposing team out of the water, but for some reason they seem to bring out the Patrick Roy on steroids in whoever they have played.

Look at game 5...46 Shots on goal? Seriously if you would have told me they were going to pepper Jones with 46 shots I would have been making arrangements to go to the parade.

Reactions: MTC

Soon Spike, soon

Str8liner said. We put up 40+ shots on goal. Puck luck. Kessels puck was a bad bounce. Bonino had Jones beat, that's usually a go to goal for Bonino. Pens will win. Sharks are not the better team by any means. Let them keep gooning it up and talking under their breathe. Pens will find a way by tomorrow

I have only been to one hockey game and it was great. However if someone offered me a grand for my ticket I would take it in a heart beat and watch it outside. 1k is a lot of money to me. For people with a lot of money off have been saving up then 1k to them is like $100 to me. I read an article the other day that the average NBA player spends over 40k per month. I can not even wrap my head around that.

I have only been to one hockey game and it was great. However if someone offered me a grand for my ticket I would take it in a heart beat and watch it outside. 1k is a lot of money to me. For people with a lot of money off have been saving up then 1k to them is like $100 to me. I read an article the other day that the average NBA player spends over 40k per month. I can not even wrap my head around that.

I hear you on this one.....lol 40k a month. My buddy scored 4 tickets to a hockey game 3 days before Gretzky was traded to The Kings. The market was huge,he sold the tickets at the game,someone gave him 500$ a ticket. We went to the nearest big screen strip joint,booze and food was all on him. He came out ahead. I think.

So my wife banged herself up in a charity run in Pittsburgh today (sprained ankle) so I'm heading up to bring her home. We will probably spend the night before heading home on Monday. Will they have the game broadcast again outside of the Energy Center?

I hear you on this one.....lol 40k a month. My buddy scored 4 tickets to a hockey game 3 days before Gretzky was traded to The Kings. The market was huge,he sold the tickets at the game,someone gave him 500$ a ticket. We went to the nearest big screen strip joint,booze and food was all on him. He came out ahead. I think.

Gretzky was traded to the kings on August 9th, 1988, as every Canadian knows. What game was 3 days later?

I am hopeful that the NHL does the game tonight correctly, with a meaningful memorial tribute to Mr. Hockey. It is fitting that the sports second greatest player, who had a great effect on spreading hockey south, can be honoured at a game far west, in the summer. RIP Gordie.

So my wife banged herself up in a charity run in Pittsburgh today (sprained ankle) so I'm heading up to bring her home. We will probably spend the night before heading home on Monday. Will they have the game broadcast again outside of the Energy Center?

They are having a viewing party inside the Consol Energy Center. Pens are selling tickets at $10 a piece and it goes towards their charity.

They are having a viewing party inside the Consol Energy Center. Pens are selling tickets at $10 a piece and it goes towards their charity.

What he said^^^

Hope the wife feels better too. Sprained my ankle just last year. Not a fun week. Go watch it JMM--need all on board tonight

Let's Go Pens!

Drinking has started here

Play the game boys, stay out of the box and go out there and have fun!

Let's Go Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.