• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need an enforcer. Just players doing the job they are paid to do. The rest will take care of itself.
Also, if we had a power play worth a damn, maybe teams wouldn't take as many liberties and cheap shots.

........Sheary will be a star.

The rest of this team I hereby dub the "inept clown posse." They have officially become a joke. Like my son said last night "they used to be so likeable and fun and now they're just petulant and boring." A perfectly apt description.

They are the Keystone Cops of the NHL. Get the puck to the front of the Pens' net and keep hacking away because they have no one to move you. There is not much to like about this team and the fun of watching them play is gone. You can only tinker with the chemistry and talent for so long before you hit that brick wall. We are there, folks.

Blown out again. Pitiful

Bench everyone but Malkin and bring up the entire WBS team

You don't need an enforcer. Just players doing the job they are paid to do. The rest will take care of itself.

I guess "enforcer" is not really what I meant. Just general toughness. Like I said there's not one player on this team that says to opponents "if you screw with anyone, you'll have to pay for it." So guys hack away at goalies, headhunt, slash and otherwise get away with murder. And while the Pens deserve no excuses, and this is not one, games are called so inconsistently and haphazardly it seems more often than not that they are able to get away with that stuff. THAT is one reason this team needs a rebuild.......they were constructed to take advantage of what was purported to be a move towards more offensive hockey which would see a clamp down on the clutching and grabbing. That shift either never actually took place or was very short lived. I think it's why their focus shifted to offensive rather than defensive player contracts but it turns out the NHL is still a grage league.

Where are the Talbots, Recchi's, Stevens'? Even the Despres'? Anyone miss Orpik or even Matt Cooke yet? Hell, I miss Engelland and Glass at this point.

I guess "enforcer" is not really what I meant. Just general toughness. Like I said there's not one player on this team that says to opponents "if you screw with anyone, you'll have to pay for it." So guys hack away at goalies, headhunt, slash and otherwise get away with murder. And while the Pens deserve no excuses, and this is not one, games are called so inconsistently and haphazardly it seems more often than not that they are able to get away with that stuff. THAT is one reason this team needs a rebuild.......they were constructed to take advantage of what was purported to be a move towards more offensive hockey which would see a clamp down on the clutching and grabbing. That shift either never actually took place or was very short lived. I think it's why their focus shifted to offensive rather than defensive player contracts but it turns out the NHL is still a grage league.

Where are the Talbots, Recchi's, Stevens'? Even the Despres'? .

You know....they are on other teams...

The Pens traded away youth and size and toughness for old and slow " veteran experience"....yeah, fire the GM

You know....they are on other teams...

The Pens traded away youth and size and toughness for old and slow " veteran experience"....yeah, fire the GM

They traded away their young talent for rent-a-players, in that win-now mindset. And they have to start playing their young players, instead of letting them rot on the vine in WB/Scr.

Blown out again. Pitiful

Bench everyone but Malkin and bring up the entire WBS team

I know it is early, but it kinda looks like maybe the coach wasn't the problem.

Where are the Talbots, Recchi's, Stevens'? Even the Despres'? Anyone miss Orpik or even Matt Cooke yet? Hell, I miss Engelland and Glass at this point.

Orpik, Cooke, Engelland, Asham. Even fockinng Downey showed some heart. The team needs leadership and toughness. Not taking away from Sids abilities. But the Pens had leadership from guys like Orpik, Gonchar, Talbot and toughness in guys like Asham, Englelland, Vokoun as well. Malkin is showing that leadership but no one helps him out

Sid can ride the pine for one game - then they take the week off for Xmas

He was due for a sitting before this "injury". Go get him laid, take a vacation, whathaveyou.

How long before Rutherford is ****-canned? Give Botterall the reigns. How much worse can he do? He's ready.

Phil the Thrill. 5-2. Will the Pens stay consistent though? Nice to break the losing streak

Phil the Thrill. 5-2. Will the Pens stay consistent though? Nice to break the losing streak

THAT is the question. I really am liking the addition of Daley and the bring up of Sheary.....definitely opens things up. Even though he didn't get the best of it, nice to see Fehr challenge Dubinsky.....Columbus is becoming the new Flyers.....dirty bastids.

Warsovsky's play much improved regardless of the goal.

3 competent goalies is a good problem to have.

I LOVED the aggression.......attacking the crease and trying to cram one in with a 3 goal lead and 9 seconds remaining definitely sends a message and I have to believe that was Sullivan's idea.

Sid and Malkin aren't exactly hitters either - kick them out of the league!

THAT is the question. I really am liking the addition of Daley and the bring up of Sheary.....definitely opens things up. Even though he didn't get the best of it, nice to see Fehr challenge Dubinsky.....Columbus is becoming the new Flyers.....dirty bastids.

Warsovsky's play much improved regardless of the goal.

3 competent goalies is a good problem to have.

I LOVED the aggression.......attacking the crease and trying to cram one in with a 3 goal lead and 9 seconds remaining definitely sends a message and I have to believe that was Sullivan's idea.

The Pens have been more physical now with Sullivan. I like Daley too. The guy gets up into the offensive zone quick after distributing the puck. He brings a scoring threat as well. Sheary will improve as the season progresses. Hopefully when Letang comes back the Pens can kick it up a notch. Fehr has the size and strength to challange but he doesn't stand out just yet. The one thing I miss from the defense and Daley is starting to bring is the smarts of Paul Martin. I think the Pens will rebound

soooo, the Pens are up 4-2, Kessel has two goals and Sid is not playing. Coincidence??

Sid and Malkin aren't exactly hitters either - kick them out of the league!

was a sniper...not sure now.

This is how she sucks you in. A couple more good games, January MVP, and then Phyllis disappears. You could read about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.