• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Yeah **** you Washington. 2-2 suck it you dirty politician smelling cheap shot mother *******.

No doubt a much needed win.
Play smart and the series can turn in our favor.

D is too suspect, but better puck control and center ice movement can get us a win in DC.

Lol. You can tell Letang has not fought in awhile.

Pens better start playing with a chip on their shoulders. Soft in between blue lines won't win this series. The 2 line pass has Murray playing on his heels. Come on Pens. **** the caps!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Good solid game... much better defense even though the caps had a ton of possession

They had a ton of possession last year too. You'd swear they're on the power play for 6 min. This year our defense after the trade dropped significantly.

Reactions: MTC
Something is seriously wrong with Kessel. I mean, dude is half-stepping out there. Very little effort, not working hard, turning the puck over, just lain ******* this whole thing up. Keep him off the ice. No value added at this point.

He has to be hurt.
Hot dogs are catching up to him

They had a ton of possession last year too. You'd swear they're on the power play for 6 min. This year our defense after the trade dropped significantly.

MAF stole that series last year.
Last years series looks a lot like this years.

The Pens manage to tough it out though. So holding on to hope in beating these dirty cap suckers

How do the refs completely miss Oshie's hit on Letang? Should've been the easiest call of the night.

Something is seriously wrong with Kessel. I mean, dude is half-stepping out there. Very little effort, not working hard, turning the puck over, just lain ******* this whole thing up. Keep him off the ice. No value added at this point.

I agree he is a serious liability with whatever is ailing him. Can't count how many times I have yelled DAMMIT PHIL! this series.

It weren't pretty but we ******* won! Enjoy it...

It's not about style points ..... It's only about winning . . .

giphy.gif

Couple of thoughts/questions on the Pens:

1. Is it time to take Kessel off the PP? The last time I saw a professional athlete go from terrific to poor overnight like Kessel has, was Steve Blass.
2. Malkin is obviously still not 100%. This is also hampering our PP. But unlike Kessel, Malkin at 75% is still good enough to add value. Hoping he continues to improved physically, but it looks like something that might linger for awhile?
3.Chad Ruhegehel (sp?) has been the unsung hero of this series for the Pens.The defensive play on the semi break-away he made last night was outstanding and probably saved the win.
4.We are hanging in there despite the horrible trades JR made at the end of season this year, unlike previous 2 years where his deals added much value to the Cup run. Hoping that Brassard does something, anything to turn it around.
5.These two teams are equally talented and have great depth, the Caps are an impressive team. With that said the wild card is the goaltenders.
6.Whoever wins this series...will represent the Conference in the Finals.

Much needed win....I think the momentum is in our favor now.

1. Is it time to take Kessel off the PP? The last time I saw a professional athlete go from terrific to poor overnight like Kessel has, was Steve Blass.
2. Malkin is obviously still not 100%. This is also hampering our PP. But unlike Kessel, Malkin at 75% is still good enough to add value. Hoping he continues to improved physically, but it looks like something that might linger for awhile?
3.Chad Ruhegehel (sp?) has been the unsung hero of this series for the Pens.The defensive play on the semi break-away he made last night was outstanding and probably saved the win.
4.We are hanging in there despite the horrible trades JR made at the end of season this year, unlike previous 2 years where his deals added much value to the Cup run. Hoping that Brassard does something, anything to turn it around.
5.These two teams are equally talented and have great depth, the Caps are an impressive team. With that said the wild card is the goaltenders.

Jake Guentzel is legit. Yeah, playing with Crosby helps, but even when he isn't on with Crosby, he is out there creating scoring chances or getting quality shots on goal. Kid is a hell of a player.

Chad Ruhwedel has probably been the Pens second best defenseman this series behind Schulz. He knows the game very well, makes good decisions. Unfortunately, his athletic ability isn't able to keep up with his mind. Still, not a bad defenseman.

Too many passengers right now on the Crosby Guentzel train. Need some more players pulling in the same direction. Getting Kessel and Brassard going would sure help. Rust is working hard, but doesn't offer much else, same with Sheary. Sheaahan has not been awesome, but he hasn't been awful. Not gonna rehash Letang, everyone knows his issues. Seems Maatta is catching whatever Letang has.

Seems Maatta is catching whatever Letang has.
You are not kidding I think it was towards the end of the second and the Pens had a good attack going and Maatta attempted to pass the puck across the ice and it drifted over the blue line. That was the end of that attack. I belted out a few choice words and my wife, who doesn't understand the finer points of hockey no matter how many times we watch Slapshot :), looked at me like, what the hell are you yelling at, the other Pen got the puck. (Offsides still escapes her)

You think they would have learned not to leave your feet on a high hit after the Wilson injury. This act is actually worse than Wilson. It was a direct head target and he launched himself to get to the head. This should have a hearing, and be at least a game. The only thing not making this front page news, is Letang was able to get his head out of the way so his jaw wasn't broken.

Like it, but I think this year Tampa Bay is the best in the East.

Launching and leaving his feet, but no call on Oshie? How? Jake was crossed checked after his goal. Plain as day. The only way to stop these hits to make the call and sit their *****. The Craps are dirty MFers and it will be all out tomorrow night. The Pens need to shut their crowd up early and often. I want the Pens to oust the little ******* in the worst way now. Matt was very good yesterday, as was the D and blocking shots. WASH had some chances in the 3rd, but nothing that really concerned me. We are playing good enough to win and stymie their offense. One goal on the PP by Oshie, I'll take that. Gonna be crazy in DC.

While I generally agree, I would not be surprised to see Boston win that series. TB isn't anything special. They can be had. Either way, I don't see anyone in the east beating Vegas, Nashville or Winnipeg. One of those three is coming out of the west. My hope is that it is the Jets. They are fun to watch.

Boston. Better defensive team and can score.
I like Tampa, similar to us, but a bit better. Washington is not a threat really.
We're giving them fits and we are at our weakest in years. Crosby/Ovie story is keeping this series interesting.

And **** washington btw. Dirty pricks

Boston has our number so I would definitely rather play TB. I do believe Tampa is a better team than Boston, but Boston is just a bad match up for us.