• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Well getting pasted by the Jets. 5-0 end of 1. They pulled Murray and they scored on DeSmith before time ran out.

Man the team has been beyond BAD is most of their losses just not competitive.

No defense. Murray nor DeSmith have a chance.
Too much passing on the PP. Very bad when you're giving up 5+ points a night.

I thought they looked good last night. Tonight is just uninspired hockey.

Not a fan of these back to back games.
Especially playing a physical team like Winnipeg.

Luckily they do not play Edmonton until Wednesday.
I think the Penguins will be ok going down the line. A near non-existent offseason will make teams look bad.
Depth players need to step up

I think they will be fine too but they are like jekyl and Hyde

Reactions: MTC
I think they will be fine too but they are like jekyl and Hyde

It's all to the top lines producing.
The past two seasons under Sullivan, the Pens have been lucky to have depth for 3rd/4th lines.
I think the talent is there and it has shown some nights.

But the depth is still adjusting to consistency.

The defense seems to be making much less of an effort to block shots. With Shultz and Hunwick out, I can understand. Letang is disappointing, He is making a ton of unforced errors. I wondering if he hasn't fully recovered for surgery. I'm not jumping off the ledge yet. All this talent will come together.

Maybe they need some WBS legs up for those B2B games. They've played a lot of hockey the past two seasons and it could be catching up to them. It shouldn't be affecting most of the guys like Letang, Reeves, McGregg, Shenan, etc. The big guns, on the other hand, it may be taking a lot of out them and are going through the motions. It's three very ugly blowouts, though.

Maybe they need some WBS legs up for those B2B games. They've played a lot of hockey the past two seasons and it could be catching up to them. It shouldn't be affecting most of the guys like Letang, Reeves, McGregg, Shenan, etc. The big guns, on the other hand, it may be taking a lot of out them and are going through the motions. It's three very ugly blowouts, though.

I think the top dawgs are going through the motions too.
Last season they were pretty solid throughout and ended up grinding through the playoffs.

I'm ok with some half assed hockey for the time being.
If any, by some odd chance our guys do not make it to the playoffs or even a 1st/2nd round team. The guys could use an off season really.

This hockey season has been enjoyable in a sense that the games do not irate me to the point I was gonna cross check the tv lol.
I've been content and cruise control atm. I'd just like to see the team put up more of a fight in the blowout losses

I think the top dawgs are going through the motions too.
Last season they were pretty solid throughout and ended up grinding through the playoffs.

I'm ok with some half assed hockey for the time being.
If any, by some odd chance our guys do not make it to the playoffs or even a 1st/2nd round team. The guys could use an off season really.

This hockey season has been enjoyable in a sense that the games do not irate me to the point I was gonna cross check the tv lol.
I've been content and cruise control atm. I'd just like to see the team put up more of a fight in the blowout losses

The blowouts are concerning, but at the end of the day, it's one loss and two points. Like they say, "whether you lose by one or 10, it's still only two points". I would be concerned if the blowout losses were not the second night of the B2B. Not that it makes it OK, but a lot of factors are going into getting waxed.

I wouldn't put it past Jimmy R to pull some moves to get some fire in that locker room. They need goalie help and maybe a Dman. Besides Horny, they do miss the grinders like Kunitz, Cullen and Bonino. They will be OK moving forward. Cups are not won in Oct or Nov.

JR must not have liked what he saw in DeSmith. Shame his only chance was walking in on a blow out. Couldn't even find his equipment. Hopefully Jarry is ready. I agree about missing Kunitz, Cullen, Bonino and I'll add Fluery. Losing that from the locker room must be having an impact. I hope thayb have their A game for the Oilers.

They do lack grinders. I thought Reaves would've added a bit of that. He's turned out to be a better skating Sestito.
Cullen's and Bonino's absence on the bottom lines is noticeable.

MAF did have the locker room mentality/leadership.
But I do think Murray will excel in that situation. A lot of good coaching and guys on the team who are used to winning tradition.

They do lack grinders. I thought Reaves would've added a bit of that. He's turned out to be a better skating Sestito.
Cullen's and Bonino's absence on the bottom lines is noticeable.

MAF did have the locker room mentality/leadership.
But I do think Murray will excel in that situation. A lot of good coaching and guys on the team who are used to winning tradition.

There is definitely still leadership there. I'm OK with Reaves, he does change the tempo in certain situations. Losing Tocchet may have some impact as well. Looking forward to tonight's game even though it's at 8:30. Going to be tough to head to the treestand in the morning.

Pens looking strong in the offensive zone tonight. A lot of quality chances and good possession against the wall.

I thought Rust' shot was passed the line. But no call

I thought he did, too. He was upright about the whole thing. Two great chances for him in that first period. Interesting lines tonight. Loving Sid on McDavid so far. Sid is just better right now.

I thought he did, too. He was upright about the whole thing. Two great chances for him in that first period. Interesting lines tonight. Loving Sid on McDavid so far. Sid is just better right now.

Sid came out on fire.
That hit at the beginning lol. Got his groove going.

Oooh Rust had a nice shorthanded chance just now

Damn just 8 seconds to spare.
Pretty good job to almost kill that 4 minute penalty

Damn just 8 seconds to spare.
Pretty good job to almost kill that 4 minute penalty

Yeah, that sucked. Not much you can do about a bounce like that. The goal after that one was a dud, too. Stupid ref

Does Kessel or Sid shoot anymore????