• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

missed the game, but listened to the end of the third period on the way home. Caught OT. I'm bad luck, too, then. Heard Jarry was really good. Calgary is a good team. They remind of Pens-lite. Quick and fast, can score in bunches. I'll take the point and hope for the best in VAN tomorrow night.

The back to back game saga continues. The pressure on the Flames in the first period was great to see. I thought , we had this one in the bag. As the game went on, we tired out. Jarry made some great saves. He is very active outside of the crease, handled the puck well. Not really many negatives. Lots of offense, good chances but the puck just didn't go in for us.

Reactions: MTC
The back to back game saga continues. The pressure on the Flames in the first period was great to see. I thought , we had this one in the bag. As the game went on, we tired out. Jarry made some great saves. He is very active outside of the crease, handled the puck well. Not really many negatives. Lots of offense, good chances but the puck just didn't go in for us.

and that's all I ask of them. Give a great effort, win or lose. Don't mail it in so they lose 10-1 or 7-1(twice).

and that's all I ask of them. Give a great effort, win or lose. Don't mail it in so they lose 10-1 or 7-1(twice).

Not losing by so much is an improvement.

The guys look like they are finding a groove as well.
The bottom lines are looking like they are progressing

Missed opportunities tonight.
Back and forth game.
Self inflicted wounds, the road trip exposed a mental block that is plaguing the team.

Cup hangover. Entertaining hockey game is the positive tonight

I didn't see it. Just stats. They had about double the shots vs the canucks,but half the goals and a hat trick against them. A good portion of these games are blah blah blah. Next.

Last game of the longest road trip of the year. The effort was there and they didn't mail in the third period. Kessel played well again. Hagelin was all over, just can't put the puck in the net. I think being scratched put some fire under him. Even the 3 and 4 lines were able to cycle.

Let's go home !

I didn't see it. Just stats. They had about double the shots vs the canucks,but half the goals and a hat trick against them. A good portion of these games are blah blah blah. Next.

They played good. The talent and effort is showing.
A few mental lapses and missed opportunities/failure to score caught them last night.

Sheary, Reaves and Sheahan are having solid performances imo.
They've stood out in a positive way this road trip.

Crosby was amazing against the boards again. Took a high stick that went uncalled.
A goalie interference as well.

I'm looking forward to tonight. If there ever was a team to cure this scoring draught, the Coyote's are it. Hunwick and Shultz are back ! Some 5 on 5 goals ? Maybe some line 3 or 4 goals ? Letang shakes the dust off ? I'll take a win but we need a blow out in our favor.

Pens up 2-0 already 7 min left in the first. Malkin already has a goal and a helper. So far so good

Good to see Shultz back!
Keeping up on my phone. Are the Pens heading into the 2nd on PP?

Uncle Ben, Letang needs to shake a lot of cobwebs off lol

Glad the Pens won. I was blacked out of the game in my region?!!! >:/

Oh well. The guys won and I got some track work in

Glad the Pens won. I was blacked out of the game in my region?!!! >:/

Oh well. The guys won and I got some track work in

I grab the condensed 8 min high def version on my bleacher report sports app this morning. Good game. A ton of good chances. Could have had 6 goals. Geno&Phil both with 3 points on the night. I don't think Crosby even took a shot. He was trying to set guys up all night. Just a bunch of selfless guys. That's why they've won so much the last few years. I wish the Steelers would take note. Forget personal stats and just win the game.

A win is a win. We came out on fire for the first 10 minutes. Looked like I was going to get the blow out I was looking for. Shultz being back spiked the offense. He created several good chances and was solid on the back end. Malkin's line looked awesome, Sid's not so much.

their schedule is whacked. Back on the road for a B2B with WASH and NASH. This is brutal. If they get 2 points, they should be content? Ugh!

I didn't see most of the game, only the third. Nothing amiss. AZ is an up and coming team, but the Pens should have beaten them. Good "warm-up" before this next stretch of games.

Not February yet. I enjoy the entire season. I like the process from talent development to playoffs. I lived through many seasons of horrible teams and am thrilled that the franchise has reached this point.

The talent development under Sullivan has been amazing to watch.
The WBS guys have made an impact since Sullivan took over.

Under Johnston and Bylsma I cannot recall WBS developing guys.
Of course it falls on Donatelli down in WBS and Christian in Wheeling to prepare.
As long as the organization stays hungry we'll be treated to playoff hockey.

Seeing the mid 2000's slump was brutal.
However this season, idk why. Just doesn't bother me if the guys lose.
These back to back cups are hard to come down from. Lol

The talent development under Sullivan has been amazing to watch.
The WBS guys have made an impact since Sullivan took over.

Under Johnston and Bylsma I cannot recall WBS developing guys.
Of course it falls on Donatelli down in WBS and Christian in Wheeling to prepare.
As long as the organization stays hungry we'll be treated to playoff hockey.

Seeing the mid 2000's slump was brutal.
However this season, idk why. Just doesn't bother me if the guys lose.
These back to back cups are hard to come down from. Lol

I saw my first game as a little kid, 67-68 if I remember correctly. They were fun to watch in those days, just played bad hockey. Then came Mario and then Sid. These are good times and I'm enjoying it.

WBS and general scouting have sustained the success. Add a few well timed trades and JR keeps us rolling on. We still have 5-6 guys at WBS that could move up and help in the future.
Everyone knows about Sprong. Some of the others are Quinney, Dea, Bentsson and Simon. Great to have all the potential down there.

The better play well against Buffalo. Driving 2+ hours for a bad game sucks !

Should be Murray since it's not back to back. Looking for Sid to have a good game. He has been quiet lately.