• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

He turned the puck over at the blue line. I can't even count how many times he turned it over in this game or the series. He should have been traded instead of Cole.

Don't get me started on Cole and Reaves man. That trade did this team in.
Not sure what the team was thinking.

Enjoy the offseason Pens. Heal up and be ready to roll next season

That ******* sucked. I've never seen one defensive guy become such a liability.

It was fun 2 years with mire of a fizzle into a bad defensive team after the trade...oh well

Reactions: MTC
So caps record vs Pens in the playoffs. 2-9.

Lol. Still lopsided as ****. A blind squirrel gets their nut once in awhile.
Tampa is gonna paste these *****. Do it for my boy Kunitz

Don't get me started on Cole and Reaves man. That trade did this team in.
Not sure what the team was thinking.

Enjoy the offseason Pens. Heal up and be ready to roll next season

I'm proud of what they did the past two years. I'm pissed that the organization didn't leave the team alone when it was playing well. They got too cute and it cost them.

Well my hockey watching is pretty much done. I'll tune into the finals if it's an elimination game.

Reactions: JMM
Really proud of this team and great coach. Like Vader said, and I said when it happened, should have left it alone. I guess they have been right most of the time, so there ya go.

He turned the puck over at the blue line. I can't even count how many times he turned it over in this game or the series. He should have been traded instead of Cole.

I totally agree. I never wanted them to trade Cole, even with all the rumors about him and Sully not seeing eye to eye or he sat for how many games.

I'm proud of what they did the past two years. I'm pissed that the organization didn't leave the team alone when it was playing well. They got too cute and it cost them.

Yeah I got pissed after that too. After that ugly month of march. The team showed no signs of going deep.
Proud fan here.

Yeah I got pissed after that too. After that ugly month of march. The team showed no signs of going deep.
Proud fan here.

Maybe they can rest up and re-tool in the offseason. Not sure how much they can do but Letang should be gone.

Tough way to end the year and it is a missed opportunity with such a great postseason from the first line. You want to win every year, but with a lackluster offseason with so many losses, it was going to be tough. Add in Brassard not working out the way they thought he would and not adding depth on the blue line did them in. At least they'll be in good shape heading into next year with hopefully a retooled roster that is geared toward a deep run.

Maybe we can trade Letang for a solid dman like Cole. Or, get Cole back, but I'm sure he is going to get paid in the off-season. I think I would try to trade Phil for something while he still has value. That's a lot of money they can free up between those two.

Maybe they can rest up and re-tool in the offseason. Not sure how much they can do but Letang should be gone.

They need the rest. They'll re-tool. Sullivan made use with what he had. Dude was working with tools that didn't fit this season.
Gonna be interesting to see the injury report and what these guys were battling through.

Hopefully a team will sucker into Letang for us. Give us some gritty depth on D.
Pens need to start pasting wingers against the boards next season.

Maybe we can trade Letang for a solid dman like Cole. Or, get Cole back, but I'm sure he is going to get paid in the off-season. I think I would try to trade Phil for something while he still has value. That's a lot of money they can free up between those two.

We all love Phil, but this is a conversation they will eventually have to have in the front office. He's one of those pieces you possibly move a year early rather than a year late to maximize the return.

I'd welcome Cole back.
I think he could've been the difference maker. He and Oleksiak were clicking so well.

Kessel can thrive one more season here. Need a bit of authority on him though. Tocchet kept him in check, and it seems he's liked by his teammates

A positive take away is this gives the Pens some time to really look at their glaring weaknesses.
I have a good feeling they'll make that an emphasis during the off-season.

If Letang is around next season. I'm gonna be....baffled