• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

The radio call is comical. Just showed me of how bad we have owned them. It's was they are a 17-year old that finally busted a nut with a girl and the top of the mountain was reached. How they get down off that mountain is another story all together. They might be content with the piece they have finally got.

You are not kidding. I heard that call on the ride into work this morning. I felt like puking. I live in Caps country (sort of) and one of our local stations broadcasts their games so I imagine I'll have to listen to that call all next winter when they advertise the next game. Guarantee it will be the last call of 2018 they decide to use for promotions. They are not going any further.

I am rooting for the Jets the rest of the way. Aside from the Caps and Preds, I don't dislike the other teams. The Jets are just fun to watch. They are that little guy that no one is really giving a chance. Should they lose, probably won't root for anyone, just probably enjoy each game as it comes. I will, however root for the Lightning against the Caps. I hate the Caps.

Yeah, Brassard was a zero.
Phil had a horrendous series

We could have won that series. We didn't for 2 reasons....

1. Their goalie was better than ours. Murray played well. Holtby shined.
2. Trouble getting the puck out of our own zone.

Our success in the past was starting a rush by getting out of our zone fast, and accurate. That was a breakdown this year.

I don't see many major off season changes. Over the past few seasons, we have sold our future for the present. It is time to start preparing for the future.We now need less of a GM, and more player development.

But what do I know. We may win the Cup next year with the same team.

I am rooting for the Jets the rest of the way. Aside from the Caps and Preds, I don't dislike the other teams. The Jets are just fun to watch. They are that little guy that no one is really giving a chance. Should they lose, probably won't root for anyone, just probably enjoy each game as it comes. I will, however root for the Lightning against the Caps. I hate the Caps.

I am rooting for the Vegas Flowers. But if Holtby continues to play like he has, Caps win the Cup.

I am rooting for the Vegas Flowers. But if Holtby continues to play like he has, Caps win the Cup.

I’m not sure anyone has anything for Vegas. No, they aren’t gonna win any 7-0 games, but their defense and goaltending is second to none. If it’s Vegas out of the West it’s a done deal. First expansion team to win a cup. Fleury has been lights out. Best goalie this playoffs and it isn’t close.

Brassard was a big disappointment. I was never a letang fan, but this year's playoffs he was really really bad. Obviously kessel was terrible and malkin was half assed. I have to disagree about the coaching. I thought this series was a terrible coaching job. The top line should have never been broken up. Phil had no business getting a jersey let alone being on the #1 PP unit. Also having Phil and malkin together at the end of regulation agonist l almost cost them the game right then. Some of the non inured guys should have had a chance. This year we did not have the young fresh legs to inject some life into the team

You can't beat the Caps with one line. Sullivan changed up as much as he could. But with Murray letting in soft goals and probably both Malkin and Phil hurt you don't have much to go on. Add to that the FO gives you Brassard who has 46 points in 90 playoff games and there isn't much you can do.

Rust actually looked like he was giving it his all though. At least he was trying. :)

Agreed, I like Rust. The others though can go, and I wouldn't shed a tear.

I miss Barnaby, Ulfie and Kasparitis. Smell the glove! Beat some ***!

Reactions: MTC
Vegas defense reminds me of those devils teams in the late 90's. I dont see them losing to anybody left

Reactions: MTC
Game 7 tonight between the Catfish and Jets. Pulling for Winnipeg, but think Nashville will spank them again. If Vegas does win it all, it will be one amazing story and MAF will get his 3-Peat. lol Vegas vs. TB. I can see it. Would be a wild SCF.

Game 7 tonight between the Catfish and Jets. Pulling for Winnipeg, but think Nashville will spank them again. If Vegas does win it all, it will be one amazing story and MAF will get his 3-Peat. lol Vegas vs. TB. I can see it. Would be a wild SCF.

I'd like to see a Kunitz vs. Fleury SCF. Great storylines.

The game is tomorrow night, I think.

Pulling for the Jets. Being a game 7 you know its going to be a fight to the end and it will suck for either of those teams to have to turn around and play at Vegas less than 48 hours afterwards.

Well locker clean out day has passed and the injury reports start to creep out. Good new is that PGH Hockey now reported that no one needs surgery. Here's a quick rundown.

Malkin-Knee issues will keep him out of Worlds
Kessel- Accumulated bumps and bruises.
Brassard- Rushed back to soon from late season injury (groin) and was limited
Simon- had a thumb, would like to play Worlds * who the hell would want him.
Hornqvist- had an upper body
Crosby- Claims nothing major but is sitting out Worlds
Letang- Claimed nothing major but I think brain surgery is in order.

Hagelin was not mentioned and we all know about ZAR.

I'm sure a few other issues will leak out.

I would have rather lost to Tampa. I've got no hatred toward them yet. I should be good in a few more days...haha.

Well locker clean out day has passed and the injury reports start to creep out. Good new is that PGH Hockey now reported that no one needs surgery. Here's a quick rundown.

Malkin-Knee issues will keep him out of Worlds
Kessel- Accumulated bumps and bruises.
Brassard- Rushed back to soon from late season injury (groin) and was limited
Simon- had a thumb, would like to play Worlds * who the hell would want him.
Hornqvist- had an upper body
Crosby- Claims nothing major but is sitting out Worlds
Letang- Claimed nothing major but I think brain surgery is in order.

Hagelin was not mentioned and we all know about ZAR.

I'm sure a few other issues will leak out.

Read that Wilson didn't even reach out to ZAR.
******* douche. I hope someone on Tampa lights him up

Vegas defense reminds me of those devils teams in the late 90's. I dont see them losing to anybody left

Engelland is playing lights out.
Shmidt is having a solid season too.

Vegas is pretty fast. I've been impressed follwing them a bit this season.
Wanted to check how MAF was doing, and got addicted to a non Pens team

I would have rather lost to Tampa. I've got no hatred toward them yet. I should be good in a few more days...haha.

I'm over it. We all knew by game 20ish it wasn't going to be a 3peat. Those that didn't know figured it out after the trades. It was a fun ride and we enjoyed rooting for them. I'll forget the caps series and remember beating the Flyers. There was always hope. Class Organization with great Leadership.