• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I wasn't too optimistic about the chances of a 3 peat to be honest but you have to be concerned about what we have seen these first couple games. They might dig themselves in a pretty big hole to start here if they aren't careful with the Preds Caps and Lightning coming up.

I wasn't too optimistic about the chances of a 3 peat to be honest but you have to be concerned about what we have seen these first couple games. They might dig themselves in a pretty big hole to start here if they aren't careful with the Preds Caps and Lightning coming up.

Wasn't expecting much with a shortened offseason and some key voids to fill.
Right now is a combination of both and it's showing. Gonna be a bumpy first couple months imo.

In other NHL news.
I hope the Vegas Golden MAF's win tonight. A lot of PP chances.
MAF, Neal, Perron, Engeland. A lot of former Pens on Vegas' roster

I'm not worried and even if the season tanks then so be it. They need and deserve a rest. Eventually the fire will come back and i expect them to make a big run at some point.

It'll be fun to see the growth of the newer guys. I think Sullivan will bring out their strengths.
When Sullivan took the reigns. Rust, Sheary, Wilson etc were unheard of.

The following season Guentzel shines.
So there's the optimism that this coaching staff knows how to handle and develop the youngsters.

Speaking of coaching staff, I wonder how much of Tocchets presence is missed? A learning experience for Recchi too

The team completely gave up when it hit 3-0

Letang and the other D basically just waved their sticks around and didn't even try to stop them - it was a practice skate after that

The team completely gave up when it hit 3-0

Letang and the other D basically just waved their sticks around and didn't even try to stop them - it was a practice skate after that

The defense is horrible.
Giving up 4 goals early is discouraging too, but the guys should show a little fight at least.
Upside is waaaay too early in the season to panic.

Downside is idk if the guys will burn out, a lot of teams will have an advantage in terms of rest, etc.
Gonna be a long season. But expected

Looking good vs the catfish this evening. Up 2-0 after period 1.

The Reaves show. Dude came to hit and a fight to boot.
I'm liking the scoring chances when the Pens present them.

The catfish like us are figuring out their identity.
Both teams are beating each other up tonight.

Hope Cole is ok. Took a puck to the face

I do like how Reaves went after Scott Hartnell in the 1st. Hartnell wanted none of it lol

I like how Reaves tipped that goal in.

McKegg is due for a break out. Kid has skills.

Pens PK is very good this season tbh.

Great shift by Crosby's line just now

Good 2nd period. Bury this game Pens.
27 seconds left to go on the PP for the start of the 3rd.

Murray is shutting Nashville down, the defense of the Pens is still a bit of a struggle.
But improved compared to thursday

I do like how Reaves went after Scott Hartnell in the 1st. Hartnell wanted none of it lol

I'd love to see that dude get his *** beat. I've hated that guy since he was on the flyers.

Reactions: MTC
Good 2nd period. Bury this game Pens.
27 seconds left to go on the PP for the start of the 3rd.

Murray is shutting Nashville down, the defense of the Pens is still a bit of a struggle.
But improved compared to thursday

Looks great. That's the team I remember. Damn sure better than that epic cluster **** from the other day..haha

Hartnell keeps Malkin pinned down behind the net

Reaves brings the hammer!I dig that guy A LOT.

Reaves is a Godsend. They are out to hurt Sid, and they need dental instruction from an enforcer.

Might be my next jersey.

Chippy game.

Reaves earned his Black & Gold stripes today. Dude is a frickin monster!
A little Bylsma-esque. But I think the Pens will be a lot tougher and play through down the line.

Nashville played dirty and they lost. I'll take the W

Reaves is a Godsend. They are out to hurt Sid, and they need dental instruction from an enforcer.

Might be my next jersey.

Yeah they're clearly targeting him. This year will be a bloodbath. Fun game to watch. I dig the grit&fire. They will need to keep that eye of the tiger

Yeah they're clearly targeting him. This year will be a bloodbath. Fun game to watch. I dig the grit&fire. They will need to keep that eye of the tiger

The games will be a lot more gritty against Washington imo.
When Tom Wilson comes back from suspension, I'm expecting some bloodbath games.

I will not be surprised to see a Reaves/Sestito show against a team like Washington/Philly.

A bit concerned losing Cole. Hoping it's not a broken jaw. Bob Errey said he lost some teeth