• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Congrats to JSD.

Simon's laser shot on the first goal though was fire!

Wife wants to watch her Dukies, I'll have to change the game. Ugh...

Reactions: MTC
Nice rush by Sid.
Took the shot, Simon almost had the rebound

80's night thursday @ PPG paints arena.
Just a heads up

;)

3-1 final --- Pens win!
Much needed 2 points.

Team is looking good.
Game had a lot of positives. JSD first career goal
Rust is back
Hornqvist is a pest. Lol.
DeSmith is the man

Super excited about our goalie situation. Great game tonight. Have to wonder when Sid gets #400

DeSmith has a hot hand ! He's playing better than I ever expected.

Nice Metro win tonight.

JSD 1st career goal ! Simon with his 2nd career goal.

Sid still searching for goal 400. Hope it's soon !

Yeah they need someone they can count on to fill in or take over If need be....big plus.

DeSmith has a crazy quick glove.
He doesn't give up rebounds either. Just shuts down play.

Carolina's goal was a failure to clear the puck on the Pens end

No Reeves. Did the team look a little quicker? Not that Reeves is quicksand, but there seemed some hop in their skating on all four lines. Like seeing the young guys contribute. Got to keep riding DeSmith. He looks pretty decent out there. I'm not feeling Hunwick and still think Ian Cole is better.

No Reeves. Did the team look a little quicker? Not that Reeves is quicksand, but there seemed some hop in their skating on all four lines. Like seeing the young guys contribute. Got to keep riding DeSmith. He looks pretty decent out there. I'm not feeling Hunwick and still think Ian Cole is better.

Yeah they looked quick. I still think Reaves is under utilized. The guy can skate.
I think DeSmith needs to stay in Pittsburgh.

I like Jarry, but he'd benefit more in WBS.
I don't understand the Cole situation either

Reaves is a waste of a roster spot. Gave up a 1st round pick and Sudqvist for a guy that plays 6-7 minutes a game. Stupid.

DeSmith has a hot hand ! He's playing better than I ever expected.

Ayep. I think he looks better than Jarry, who crawls around on his knees too much and can't ever move and find the puck behind the net

Ayep. I think he looks better than Jarry, who crawls around on his knees too much and can't ever move and find the puck behind the net

Jarry has played well in spurts. He has some value. With the 3 Goaltenders, I would think one is going to be trade bait. Not to mention Gustavsson who will be brought up to WBS next year.

Reaves is a waste of a roster spot. Gave up a 1st round pick and Sudqvist for a guy that plays 6-7 minutes a game. Stupid.

Reaves has had his moments this year. He can change the flow of the game. The 4th line has saved the Pens a few times. Reaves does get the puck out of the corners. I agree that we gave up too much. It was a first round pick but the Pens dropped only 20 slots, 31 to 51. Sudqvist was a nothing, he never developed and hasn't done much for the Blues either. I would have traded Sudqvist even up.

Reaves has had his moments this year. He can change the flow of the game. The 4th line has saved the Pens a few times. Reaves does get the puck out of the corners. I agree that we gave up too much. It was a first round pick but the Pens dropped only 20 slots, 31 to 51. Sudqvist was a nothing, he never developed and hasn't done much for the Blues either. I would have traded Sudqvist even up.

A first-round pick or prospect could have been packaged to pick up a much more valuable asset than a fourth-liner. Agree Sundqvist for Reaves straight up would have been a better deal.

Pens are rumored to be interested in trading for JG Pageau. Interesting. Gonna have to give up something to get him. Ian Cole perhaps? Still think trading Cole is a bad idea, especially when your team is starved for competent defense.

Pens are rumored to be interested in trading for JG Pageau. Interesting. Gonna have to give up something to get him. Ian Cole perhaps? Still think trading Cole is a bad idea, especially when your team is starved for competent defense.

I like Cole. Gritty guy and does a heck of a job blocking shots. If they don't trade him he will be a Cap causality. I'd like to see the Pen's hold onto him.

I think one of our Goaltenders are going to be moved by the deadline. Maybe a package with Cole ?

I like Cole. Gritty guy and does a heck of a job blocking shots. If they don't trade him he will be a Cap causality. I'd like to see the Pen's hold onto him.

I think one of our Goaltenders are going to be moved by the deadline. Maybe a package with Cole ?

I honestly can't see them trading one of the young goalies. Both Jarry and Murray will be needed down the stretch and in the PO. A two-headed monster is better than riding one guy. DeSmith is playing well, but how long will that last? I'd trade Hunwick and keep Cole, but Sully doesn't like Cole, for some reason. A move or two will be coming. GMJR is waiting for the right one.

I honestly can't see them trading one of the young goalies. Both Jarry and Murray will be needed down the stretch and in the PO. A two-headed monster is better than riding one guy. DeSmith is playing well, but how long will that last? I'd trade Hunwick and keep Cole, but Sully doesn't like Cole, for some reason. A move or two will be coming. GMJR is waiting for the right one.

DeSmith has shown well in his short time.
I don't think the goalies are going anywhere for the time being.

I'm all on board with the Cole train, but sadly I think he's traded along with one of our wingers.

I'm still on board with Reaves too and believe he's under utilized.
Like Hagelin he's pretty good on chasing dump offs. Just no points to show for.

Should be interesting to see who Rutherford trades for