• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

I still think they will move a Goalie. Injuries happen down the stretch and Goaltender values go up. It's the one bargaining chip we have from a position of relative strength. A lot of this will depend on how they project Gustavsson.. I like depth we have but we need a 3C bad. I'd rather have Hagelin next year (at a lower contract) and keep Horny. Letang looks save since his mental game looks a little better.

I agree a winger will go. The question is which one ? Just don't move Sprong or play with our #1 pick.

Simon with 1st goal of the game.
Crosby with the assist. 400

Simon has a wicked slap shot from the right side

4-0 Pens end of the 2nd.
Still awaiting goal 400. Looks imminent

Complete game pretty much. Pens looking good.
Hagelin finally on the point board

And neither happened, but Elvis left the building with a 6-3 big ole fat W....next!

**** I put the jinx on it. Ok,Sid get your goal or get Geno a hat trick.

Ha! We survived. 6-3.

Pens clamped down after that 3rd goal.
Pretty good performance from the team.

The baby Pens are stepping up. Dominik Simon is playing amazing.
Malkin is playing better.

Only downside is penalties. Hit the box a few trips tonight

Can't believe Sid didn't get number 400 tonight. Oh well, he did everything but score.

Thought the shut out was there but they got sloppy. I'll certainly take a win with the Metro so tight.

I hope the momentum stays through the All Star break.

Can't believe Sid didn't get number 400 tonight. Oh well, he did everything but score.

Thought the shut out was there but they got sloppy. I'll certainly take a win with the Metro so tight.

I hope the momentum stays through the All Star break.

Out of all the teams. The Pens should benefit from the all-star break.
I like how the Pens had the bye and the all star break so close.

Really gives the guys a chance to:
1: Get in a groove - Check
2: Get healthy - Check

With the amount of hockey the majority of our guys have played.
Keeps them fresh.

Holy Matta ! We are only 4 points behind the Caps ! Currently in 2nd.

We have played 3 more games but with the way this season has gone. It still looks good on paper.

SECOND PLACE IN THE METROPOLITAN, BABY!!!!!

The craps have to be looking over their shoulder, thinking . . . .

Many teams have games in hand. It looks good now, but it will even out. The Pens just have to rack up some wins to keep pace. Still don't know what is up with Letang. I listened to the first period and heard he turned over the puck in the middle of their zone giving the Wild a great opportunity. Thank goodness DeSmith played strong. His turnovers are frustrating.

I was starting to get concerned that MIN scored three quick goals, but they tightened up the D. Get rest and come back to make another run. Going to be a long week w/o hockey. Real hockey, that is.

Yeah I think it is only like 11 points separating first and last in the Met. You make the playoffs from the Metropolitan, you deserve to be there. Same with the Central Division. All teams in both Divisions have winning records.

Yeah I think it is only like 11 points separating first and last in the Met. You make the playoffs from the Metropolitan, you deserve to be there. Same with the Central Division. All teams in both Divisions have winning records.

Gonna be a fun spring

The one thing I will say, even though the Pens are not lighting it up every game, they are still fun to watch and are competitive most nights. Sure, they can get spanked here and there, but they are still resilient. Last night showed, me at least, they still can be a dangerous team. Some tweaks and who knows what can happen.

Gonna be a fun spring

Wouldn’t be surprised if they end up winning the Metro, but no margin for error right now thanks to the slow start, you can throw a hat over the whole division, insanely close.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they end up winning the Metro, but no margin for error right now thanks to the slow start, you can throw a hat over the whole division, insanely close.

I'm ok if Washington takes the division.
The Pens just need to get in.

Jackie Redmond = hit.
(Nhl network hostess)

The one thing I will say, even though the Pens are not lighting it up every game, they are still fun to watch and are competitive most nights. Sure, they can get spanked here and there, but they are still resilient. Last night showed, me at least, they still can be a dangerous team. Some tweaks and who knows what can happen.

Definitely looking like an nhl club again.
Pens speed game looks to be back

The metro is insane.
All winning records
11points separate first and last place, which you mentioned Sarge
5 points separate 2nd place and 8th place
2 points separate 2nd place and 7th place.

That is 6 freaking teams separated by a game's worth of win points.

It's anyone's guess who will make the playoffs, but at least the Pens are starting to put it together. I don't know if it's part of their makeup, but the've never really been a first half team lately. They always pour it on in the second half and are rolling when they hit the playoffs. Hopefully it continues this year!

Pens could be in last place when they get back from the break.

Bad call refs! That should have been a five minute major for the hit on Sid.