• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

This has been the most exciting few weeks of puck. This team is on a mission.

Gotta wonder if Sid's 400th will ever come.

First game I was able to watch from start to finish. I was hoping my good friend, who was a caps fan, would come over for the game. Instead another friend and his son came over, and they are fortunately Pens fans!

Sorry I couldn't write during the game, I had my laptop hooked up to the TV to watch it.

The Pens look like they are finally rounding into playoff form. Though Letang skating away from Ovechkin for no reason led to that kick in goal. Taking that false step to the center of the ice gave #8 the room he needed to beat him with speed around the edge.

Murray looked good. 2 goals shouldn't have happened, a hand pass and a kick in off the D. He made some much larger saves to make up for the ones he let in. Fortunately everyone was scoring!

Beginning of the game looked like it was going to be a rout. Caps did a good job of getting back into the game after 2pds. and then they both exchange quick goals in the 3rd and I was just hoping they wouldn't earn a point in the standings, then the Pens poured it on. Holtby gets pulled, and it's game over at that point.

Fun to be all in for the Pens already this year!

I agree, Cope, two of those goals hit off skates and were goofy bounces It sucked they lost the lead, but stuck with it. Phil and Geno has been wicked. Add Rust, Horny, Sheahan and Oleksiak(of all guys) are playing lights out. Sid is playing like Sid. He makes things happen, even if he doesn't score goals. They look pretty sharp. The Devils will be another tough and physical game. Looking forward to it!

We're getting playoff hockey long before the playoffs. It's going to be intense if there is no separation in the metro.

Murray wasn't on his game last night. It seems he needs pressure to stay focused.

Sheary is still out and on IR. I hope Horny isn't also. Some reports had Horny with a knee, (gotta love undisclosed lower body).

Pens have recalled Zach Aston-Reese. I may be wrong but I think this is his first time in the big show.

Reactions: MTC
I agree, Cope, two of those goals hit off skates and were goofy bounces It sucked they lost the lead, but stuck with it. Phil and Geno has been wicked. Add Rust, Horny, Sheahan and Oleksiak(of all guys) are playing lights out. Sid is playing like Sid. He makes things happen, even if he doesn't score goals. They look pretty sharp. The Devils will be another tough and physical game. Looking forward to it!

Sheahan and Oleksiak have been underrated surprises.
The one thing that stands out with Sheahan and even Hagelin is their ability to create scoring chances.

Sheahan has been scoring finally too.
Having some bigger bodies who can play our speed game also helps.

Now is a good time to peak.
If this team gets into the playoffs, I really like their chances in a series

Heard on The Fan this morning that GMJR is very close to a deal. Talks circling Jordan Staal could come back, but CAR is looking a #1 pick and a ready caliber NHLer. I think that may be a bit much. I like Staal, but if we are giving up that much, I'd see who else if available.

Heard on The Fan this morning that GMJR is very close to a deal. Talks circling Jordan Staal could come back, but CAR is looking a #1 pick and a ready caliber NHLer. I think that may be a bit much. I like Staal, but if we are giving up that much, I'd see who else if available.

He would definitely makes us better. I just hope we don't piss away the number 1 pick ...... again. He is a $6M. They would have to keep some salary or we would have to trade someone with some value.

Within our budget will likely be an opportunity for Matt Cullen to return. The Wild will probably release him. He has said that this is his last year.

Last edited:
The Devils really shut down the Pens offense in the 1st.
Pens gotta get some open ice in the offensive zone.

DeSmith is still kicking ***.
Oleksiak is having a solid game aside from the interference penalty.

Cole dropped the gloves too.
Pretty good game
0-0

We've been flat for the whole second period and the last bit of the first. WTheck?

Zero forecheck.

We've been flat for the whole second period and the last bit of the first. WTheck?

Last nights game was super emotional.
Think they kinda let off tonight.

If they lose this one, I think they get right back on track against Vegas.
Kinda expected a let down tonight.

Still a 3rd period to play, so anything can go

Well, that was 40 minutes of uninspired hockey. Hope they wake up for the 3rd, Let's go Pens !

This is a game that they had to be up for. It's for second in the Met.

I like how the announcer said Sid might be saving #400 for MAF.

These guys are on top of Sid and Malkin like dogs on meat