• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

The Flyers are now first in the Metro. Pens have slipped to 3rd. We play the Devils tonight and they are only 4 points behind. Talk about a tight race !

What I like is the goal differential for the Pens has greatly improved.

Jarry and Simon sent down. DeSmith back up. I expect Murray will be a game time decision. Let's go Pens !

In fairness, it seems the Flyers are playing a long stretch of bad teams. Seems they have a cupcake about every night anymore. Still quite a bit of hockey left. I think they will be ok.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hornqvist extension in PIT is expected to be for five years with an AAV of $5.3M: <a href="https://t.co/fxDHbGa39t">https://t.co/fxDHbGa39t</a></p>— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) <a href="https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/968234910187212802?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We needed that - 3rd line center Brassard $3M for two years? That's a deal too

In fairness, it seems the Flyers are playing a long stretch of bad teams. Seems they have a cupcake about every night anymore. Still quite a bit of hockey left. I think they will be ok.

Just win the division and get home ice!

Flyers are playing really well. And have an easy schedule for the next couple weeks. Not gonna lie, would rather play the Caps.

Reactions: MTC
Good News... Brassard will be on the ice tonight.

Bad News... Murray has a concussion

******* bless this defense.
Hunwick bro, gots to go. Dude was giving up rushes like no tomorrow.

Brassard had a good first showing, he's talented no doubt.
I do miss Cole and Reaves grit.

Well **** that's 2 losses in a row. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this messing with the mojo through trades when it wasn't ****** up to begin with. I guess we will see over the next handful of games.

I'm not liking the mojo either.
A disturbance in the force

And Geno didn't even score or get a helper. Crosby shoots 7 and gets 1 in.....hmmm these are not the droids you're looking for. Elvis lost his jumpsuit before he could leave the building this evening.

Hunwick scored on a nice re-direct to tie it. I thought the Pens were gonna make the win happen. They were simply out paced all night.

Boston on Thursday, We're going to miss Reaves for this one. If they are a contender, it needs to come now.

Hunwick scored on a nice re-direct to tie it. I thought the Pens were gonna make the win happen. They were simply out paced all night.

Boston on Thursday, We're going to miss Reaves for this one. If they are a contender, it needs to come now.

Pens looked out hustled. Both teams were a bit off tbh.
The Devils just had the luck of playing a leaky goalie.

DeSmith didn't play good nor bad. He had big saves, enough to win.
But allowed some softies that decided the outcome.

It's just one game and it's probably my feeling for losing Cole and Reaves.
The grit feels gone

Pens looked out hustled. Both teams were a bit off tbh.
The Devils just had the luck of playing a leaky goalie.

DeSmith didn't play good nor bad. He had big saves, enough to win.
But allowed some softies that decided the outcome.

It's just one game and it's probably my feeling for losing Cole and Reaves.
The grit feels gone

DeSmith was OK and the Defense was OK. That isn't good enough when the race is so tight. Kessel was off, maybe he is still hurt.

Boston will be a test of finesse over physicality. Other than Oleksiak someone's got to step up. I just don't no who ? #Gritless

The one thing that really concerns me is that they didn't do enough to help the D. Yea, the Pens got Brassard, but traded Cole, who I feel is solid and also traded their muscle. LeTang still is a mystery for me and the Devils and Panthers had their way with the defense. Also, our back-up G also really concerns me. Jarry and DeSmith are not ready. They will have to win 6-5 games, because our D will get get exposed in the PO.

DeSmith was OK and the Defense was OK. That isn't good enough when the race is so tight. Kessel was off, maybe he is still hurt.

Boston will be a test of finesse over physicality. Other than Oleksiak someone's got to step up. I just don't no who ? #Gritless

Kessel has been stumblin and bumblin lately.
And agreed, someone needs to step up on D

Pressure our D and they will turn it over, the league got the message...and why is Sprong not up playing? Somebody needs to shoot the puck.

Reactions: MTC
Agreed. Scratch Sheary for Sprong.
I'd say Rowney, but the guy blocks shots on the PK

Tough call. Sprong is still weak as a 2 way player. I wonder if his complete game will ever develop. We do need to score goals and he might be able to contribute. Sprong has all the tools, he can skate, he can shoot. He must just not have the hockey sense to understand what is being asked of him. Man, do I hope this kid can get it together.

Sheary has produced about half of we he had at this point last year. Either marry him to Sid or sit him.

Terrible time for ZAR to go down. I've really liked his game.

Tough call. Sprong is still weak as a 2 way player. I wonder if his complete game will ever develop. We do need to score goals and he might be able to contribute. Sprong has all the tools, he can skate, he can shoot. He must just not have the hockey sense to understand what is being asked of him. Man, do I hope this kid can get it together.

Sheary has produced about half of we he had at this point last year. Either marry him to Sid or sit him.

Terrible time for ZAR to go down. I've really liked his game.

I like Sheary, but he's been turning over the puck lately.
He's pretty solid stickhandling and possession in the offensive zone.

But I noticed he's struggling lately. Maybe a healthy scratch will spark him back.
Sprong can shoot. Which is what the Pens need right now. Too much passing again

Ahhh a game on NBC sports this evening. Nice! Let's Go. I hate Boston teams!

2 goals on three shots. Not a good start for the Pens

Pens just getting out classed. Jeez.