• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Is Uncle Ben ok? Lol.
These types of games made me drink like crazy when I was a drinker
O.o

He may be numb to this semi **** show. They have scored 4 goals. So it's only semi ****** epic awful. I hope this isn't the new trend and just a bad game.

Reactions: MTC
He may be numb to this semi **** show. They have scored 4 goals. So it's only semi ****** epic awful. I hope this isn't the new trend and just a bad game.

If they just play some decent D they should be fine.
They simplified their stuff in the 3rd

No, I'm depressed. Boycotting hockey until Saturday. I think I'll have one more to kill the pain.

Out muscled and tried to be too fancy.
Team looked a wee bit better in the 3rd.

Team loss but 80% of the loss goes to the D imo

Too much passing

Yeah and they wait too long to shoot. About a second or two. Boston was on them pretty hard all game. This team is screwed without Murray though. I hope his bell stops ringing and he reboots soon.

Out muscled and tried to be too fancy.
Team looked a wee bit better in the 3rd.

Team loss but 80% of the loss goes to the D imo

4 goals scored wins mist games,but giving up 8 damn near always will give you a big fat L

Reactions: MTC
Whelp. Bad news is we got our ***** kicked.
Good news is always a chance to get better next game and we're still in the playoffs.

Pens will be alright.
Maybe a bit of an ego developed with the offensive lines.
Sullivan needs to go back to the drawing board and simmer down the emotions.

My fear has come true. They ****** with the team chemistry and it backfired. Sorry guys, I don't see this team doing much in the playoffs. Even if Murray comes back 100%, you can't give the puck away like that, and leave your zone at the wrong time and allow easy shots. Very frustrating considering the roll they were on before the trades.

That game was lollygaging again. It looked like the beginning of the season. For whatever reason I do not know. Horrible lazy defensive play all around. It looks like they just turned it off in that department.

My fear has come true. They ****** with the team chemistry and it backfired. Sorry guys, I don't see this team doing much in the playoffs. Even if Murray comes back 100%, you can't give the puck away like that, and leave your zone at the wrong time and allow easy shots. Very frustrating considering the roll they were on before the trades.

100% truth

I couldn't have said it better, sc! The team was fine before the move. I don't think Brassard will make a difference, esp when they are getting abused in goal and on D. Too many tick tack passing, bad decisions and Boston toyed with us for 60 minutes in all facets. I'd bring Chad Ruhwedel up ASAP. Could he be any worse? Hunwick sucks. No one will tell me different. Letang is so-so and I'm being generous. This team is going to get pushed around in the playoffs. There is no grit. Other teams have caught up to the Pens and will smack them around. It was bound to happen sooner and later. They need to beat the Isles and get those two points.

Who knew Ian Cole was the key to the whole thing?

DeSmith & Jarry to the rescue?

bwahahahaha

Neither one is a NHL level back-up, there's your problem

I think it's the combination of Cole, Reeves, Murray injured, and less than average backups. Maybe it's just perception, but the team had some attitude before the changes. Giving up 8 goals this late in the season is unbelievable.

I didn't like the trade in the first place. Sometimes i feel teams do trades just for the sake of doing something. Cole is a solid player and our defense needed more help than the offense. I thought reaves had been playing better along with being an enforcer. If the pens would have picked up another D man then i would have been ok with it. I just think we are a worse team now and with murray being hurt we have no chance at the moment

FYI, Pens have given up 17 points in the three games since the trades. On the plus side, they have scored 11 over those three games, so at least they are still scoring. Sorta. Maybe they ought to employ the left wing lock or something.

pulling out all the stops

Dominik Simon Recalled by the Penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled forward Dominik Simon from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

Tomorrow the Penguins return home to host the New York Islanders in a 5:00 PM contest at PPG Paints Arena

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/penguins-recall-simon/c-296536790

Last edited:
FYI, Pens have given up 17 points in the three games since the trades. On the plus side, they have scored 11 over those three games, so at least they are still scoring. Sorta. Maybe they ought to employ the left wing lock or something.

Pens problems are all defense. If they fix that and it's really all playing simple then they'll be ok.
That 3rd period they looked night and day different(better).

I think the team kinda bought into the hype/buzz surrounding them with Brassard.
Humbling game hopefully wakes them back up.

If the defensive woes continue this team has no chance at a three peat

Pens problems are all defense. If they fix that and it's really all playing simple then they'll be ok.
That 3rd period they looked night and day different(better).

I think the team kinda bought into the hype/buzz surrounding them with Brassard.
Humbling game hopefully wakes them back up.

If the defensive woes continue this team has no chance at a three peat

I think we will have a pretty good idea over the next few weeks how things are going to go on defense. Going into the playoffs last year I just didn't see us making it all the way again. They will need some magic like last year to get it done. This year looks ever more improbable than last. Crossing my fingers.