• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Pens D is too suspect right now.
Not confident for a strong playoff push.

Offensive opportunities are there so that is a plus

Pens D is too suspect right now.
Not confident for a strong playoff push.

Offensive opportunities are there so that is a plus

The D sure makes it interesting. Letang is coming around but playing 26-28 minutes is going to cause problems. Ruh is still better than having Hunwick. If you're going to pull the D into the rush, you better score more than 3 goals a game. Jarry kept us in this game. He was really sold after the second period.

Reactions: MTC
The D sure makes it interesting. Letang is coming around but playing 26-28 minutes is going to cause problems. Ruh is still better than having Hunwick. If you're going to pull the D into the rush, you better score more than 3 goals a game. Jarry kept us in this game. He was really sold after the second period.

Letang is looking solid again. About damn time!
Need Oleksiak to adjust to Shultz now.

The D has been coming up on the rush, I noticed Dumoulin staying back though.
Offensive guys are coming in on back checks too.

Maybe they will be alright after all.
I still have my Cole and Reaves glasses on lol.
Vegas is using him more than we did.

*Give MTC a week to finally accept reality

No changing what is done. They have 15 games to build the mojo. A big one next up with the god awful orange.

No changing what is done. They have 15 games to build the mojo. A big one next up with the god awful orange.

You just know those shitbags will take a run at Jarry and our players. How many players will be injured tomorrow night? I have a bad feeling about this one. The new MO is to take a run at our goalies.

I still like the blew the whole Cole thing. Fundamentally he is a solid 3rd pairing D. Two things that will not be replaced is shot blocking and the Grit factor. Reaves "wasn't used properly" LOL.
The only thing that keeps me from jumping of the ledge is that we got Brassard for this year and next. I think he will be worth it once he finds his fit.

You just know those shitbags will take a run at Jarry and our players. How many players will be injured tomorrow night? I have a bad feeling about this one. The new MO is to take a run at our goalies.

I think you are spot on with this. This is where Reaves had a huge value. Cole to a degree., Pens just don't have that physical ability and it is being exploited. Other than Oleksiak, someone needs to step up. I'm at a loss for who ? I still think we can beat the Flyers but it won't be pretty.

I think you are spot on with this. This is where Reaves had a huge value. Cole to a degree., Pens just don't have that physical ability and it is being exploited. Other than Oleksiak, someone needs to step up. I'm at a loss for who ? I still think we can beat the Flyers but it won't be pretty.
Yeah, gonna be an ugly game.
Our team is what it is. Skilled but soft.

**** the flyers btw. Hope the Pens can beat them.
The philly crowd is gonna be brutal.

I still like the blew the whole Cole thing. Fundamentally he is a solid 3rd pairing D. Two things that will not be replaced is shot blocking and the Grit factor. Reaves "wasn't used properly" LOL.
The only thing that keeps me from jumping of the ledge is that we got Brassard for this year and next. I think he will be worth it once he finds his fit.

Oleksiak and Cole were clicking so well.
Oleksiak and Shultz and Oleksiak looks outplayed and struggles to track the puck now.
Is Shultz that much of an anchor?

Brassard is gonna gel in soon. I'm happy with the offensive side of things. When ZAR comes back they'll be that much better.
However, the team does need a bit of that grit. Reaves attitude was infectious in a positive way.

I've been following Vegas a bit in the west.
So sunday Reaves really stood out. He tallied an assist for Engelland and channeled his inner Crosby. Reaves was battling and and keeping the puck alive on the boards. I was like "faaack!, that was ours".

Wish him the best. Lol.
I've adopted Vegas as my unofficial 2nd team

Oleksiak and Cole were clicking so well.
Oleksiak and Shultz and Oleksiak looks outplayed and struggles to track the puck now.
Is Shultz that much of an anchor?

Brassard is gonna gel in soon. I'm happy with the offensive side of things. When ZAR comes back they'll be that much better.
However, the team does need a bit of that grit. Reaves attitude was infectious in a positive way.

I've been following Vegas a bit in the west.
So sunday Reaves really stood out. He tallied an assist for Engelland and channeled his inner Crosby. Reaves was battling and and keeping the puck alive on the boards. I was like "faaack!, that was ours".

Wish him the best. Lol.
I've adopted Vegas as my unofficial 2nd team

LOL, I'm following Vegas as well. Had Reaves played more, I think he would still be here. Just doesn't fit Sully's style.... like Cole.

LOL, I'm following Vegas as well. Had Reaves played more, I think he would still be here. Just doesn't fit Sully's style.... like Cole.

Sullivan runs a very technical yet fast philosophy. The cups show for it.
I think it's ok to have grit on a bottom line.

Vegas uses Reaves more no doubt. That was a shocker seeing Reaves out on shifts regularly.
Even more is Perron is kicking ***. Where was all this when he was a Pen?

As much as I hate the Caps. That Nate Schmidt guy is a character for Vegas too.
They sucked me in Uncle Ben! O.o

Just saw a poll where reaves was voted the toughest player (45%) of the votes. For the record crosby got first in several categories too.

Who is concussed?