• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

It's going to be a hockey night in Pittsburgh !
After my one day boycott we decided to go to the game tonight. The Pens sit in 3rd with the Devils two behind them.
The Metro is so tight that if they are going to right this ship. It should start tonight. Hope they will beat the hell out of the Islanders.

Murray skated on his own yesterday but will likely still be out. Simon was recalled. Hunwick probably has had a stern taking to.

The losing streak stops tonight !

Which goalie gets to play tonight?

Also MTC said about the 3rd period last game, but you have to imagine boston backed off the intensity a bit. If your up 8-3 i bet boston kinda went through the motions.

My biggest concern is the net minder situation. If Murray goes down in the playoffs, our chances sink rapidly.

Ruhwedal in over Hunwick.
Pens clearing pucks and getting some rushes.

Jarry let in a softie. Lost his footing.
Other than that.
Better than the showing in Boston

Pens are getting shutout by a guy that hasn't played in the NHL since 2015, has a 1-1-1 NHL record with an .882 save percentage.

Reactions: MTC
Pens are getting shutout by a guy that hasn't played in the NHL since 2015, has a 1-1-1 NHL record with an .882 save percentage.

So much for that vaunted offense of ours. Finally scored on a PP.

Oh and another wishing for Cole and Reaves. Clutterbuck is taking runs at our guys

Saw Hornqvist finally solved that nobody of a goalie. About time. The Pens have like 40 shots on goal already.

1-1 going into the 3rd.
Pens are getting some quality shots too.

Goalies tend to look legit against us

Big win. Needed those 2 points. Much better effort. Hunwick should never see the ice again unless he is the only guy left.

Happy with that big W....frigging 50 shots on goal and they get 3..odd how that rolls. The Boston goalie was letting in every other shot for awhile just a few days ago. Something to build on. At least it washed some of the smell off from the last game.

The Isles are desperate hockey club. They played fast and physical. The Pens stuck with it and didn't panic when they went down 2-1. Glad to see Brassard score his first as a Penguin and Hunwick sat.

Jarry still scares the hell out of me. Falling down and letting the first goal in last night was definitely a face palm moment. The kid did recover and did a really nice job in OT.

Ruh was an improvement over Hunwick. A much better skater and will block shots and play the body. He is not the answer but a slight upgrade.

The OT penalty kill was nail biting.

Sid is clutch when it matters. I only wish he had a shoot first mentality.

PPG was hopping. We had a great time. Sat in a section will some serious hockey nuts.

Jarry still scares the hell out of me. Falling down and letting the first goal in last night was definitely a face palm moment. The kid did recover and did a really nice job in OT.

Ruh was an improvement over Hunwick. A much better skater and will block shots and play the body. He is not the answer but a slight upgrade.

The OT penalty kill was nail biting.

Sid is clutch when it matters. I only wish he had a shoot first mentality.

PPG was hopping. We had a great time. Sat in a section will some serious hockey nuts.

I think the Pens will be alright. They are a playoff team, not a cup defending team however.
I'm not gonna expect much as a fan for the remainder of the season unless the team shows some serious push.

But all things considered in last nights game, desperate isles team, improved D play, it was a win you appreciate as a fan and can help the team develop some confidence. Obviously I'm salty with the departure of our two physical guys lol. Pens need some swag back.

Glad you went to the game. I wanted to buy one of those charity bags.
They sold out fast

Pens still aren't out of it. They're in flux. I'm surprised they made big moves and moved a solid D without having another to replace him. I know they tried, but it was a terrible error. They have to learn to play as this new unit. Murray will be back, and the Goaltending will again be elite. The rest of the team has to help the D, much like the big losses on D we had the last couple seasons going into the playoffs, O has to back check more intensely, to help the D.

I like that style of play as a goalie, when everyone is playing defense first, then get possession and break out as a team. I missed the games this past week with work, but hopefully we'll see that in the upcoming games.

Sid is still sitting on the plane with an empty seat beside him for MAF. He was used to having Kunitz. I've read where he had bonded some with Reaves. I think the locker room and vibe is important to him. When Sid isn't on, he passes. Where it has hurt is his goal production. He already has as many assists as last year and should hit around 85 points. Not that far off last year's pace.

I think he needs some consistency. Stop screwing with his line and let him get comfortable. He still has it, look at last night. When he broke free in OT. The entire arena knew the puck was going in.

I keep reading that he doesn't like playing with Hornqvist. Anyone know where that story/rumor came from ?

Hockey players are superstitious https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/inside-scoop-pens-routines-and-superstitions/c-296127208

Last edited:
Failure to clear pucks again!
Up 2-0 and they play dumb. Calgary tied 2-2

Jarry is taking hits man!
Stay safe out there boy!